Seattle Cruise Ship Webcam

Old As Dirt Mom

Here is the best webcam I could come up with for Seattle so that we can try to see the cruise ships when they're in town. I found this on another cruising website, so I take NO credit for locating it. Do you see the red cranes on the rh side at the water? That is Terminal 30 where the HAL ships will dock. I don't know how well we'll be able to see them. If anyone else finds anything better, please let me know. For a big city with a lot of technical companies, Seattle sure doesn't have a lot of good webcams:(

Karin

Hi Karin,

Last summer (2006) I use to watch the sights at Pier 30 through the Princess ship webcam. As you know, the HAL and Princess ships are docked tip to tip with each other, and they depart close in time to one another. Sometimes I could watch the HAL ship (Westerdam in summer '06) depart through the webcam on the Princess ship. The webcam on the Princess ship also showed a great view of the Seattle waterfront and skyline as it sailed out. It's a shame that HAL doesn't have webcams on their ships.

Mary

Ferry Watcher

Great tip, Mary, about the Princess webcams!!:) Thanks!

OK, I don't want to leave out our Canadian neighbors in Vancouver, who will be seeing just as many HAL ships in their harbor, or harbour, as we will. Here's the Canada Place webcam in Vancouver. I'm not sure how frequently it's updated, because the picture hasn't changed since Friday. It should be showing the Zaandam in Vancouver this afternoon as she begins her trip to Hawaii. I know Atomica and Kikiwik are there this afternoon, so maybe they will post some photos later.

Karin

Thanks Karin, do you know how often that camera updates? It does not look like it does it very often.

Here is another link that does zoom in but I cannot get it to go over by pier 30. See if you can work with it.

http://images.earthcam.com/spaceneedle/live.php

I see what you mean with that cam, Lisa. Seems like when you move it, it jumps to either side of pier 30, but not right at it.

On the Space Needle Web Cam it does just hop around you can either get the aft end of the Mercury or just the bow. I cannot even get close to seeing the Zaandam but....on the link Karin gave us yesterday you get a nice view of the Zaandam but obviously nothing we can zoom into.

On the Space Needle Web Cam it does just hop around you can either get the aft end of the Mercury or just the bow. I cannot even get close to seeing the Zaandam but....on the link Karin gave us yesterday you get a nice view of the Zaandam but obviously nothing we can zoom into.

I can see the Zaandam with Karin's link, but not with the space needle cam. Is the Mercury at pier 30 too? How did you get the SN cam to point to it?

I just wish there was a zoom funtion to the one that we do see the Zaandam in. That would be perfect. But as was stated before I am not sure how the Princess ship will be on Saturdays once the season starts. If they are by chance Bow to Bow then we could use them web cam to do a Wave possible. It has been since May 2004 when we were on the Oosterdam in Seattle and I honestly do not remember which way the Diamond Princess was facing. I know that she was in front of us but it seemed like she was not Bow To bow but rather we faced in aft.

The Mercury should be at pier 66, which is a great location, right smack in the middle of downtown. HAL and Princess use Terminal 30, right smack in the middle of..........the industrial port:( . However, the view of the city at sailaway is spectacular!:)

Lisa, thanks for getting that close-up of the Zaandam! How did you do that? It's a ruddy miracle I can do anything even remotely technical on the computer:eek: . My husband handles all the hard stuff for me:D

Karin

Lisa, I am not familiar with Seattle, and not nearly as good as you are at recognizing the dam ships, but I see two possibilities from the Space Needle webcam. Just to the left of midframe on the waterfront view, high in the picture, is an inlet of some kind with a ship on the left side. Could that be the Zaandam?? Or, to the left of the Miracle, half-hidden behind some tall buildings, is a "piece" of a ship. Could that be her??

Karin, the Zaandam view Lisa posted, if I am not mistaken, is the view that comes up on the webcame site you posted yesterday.

Bonnie

Bonnie, on the Space Needle Cam the ship you are seeing is the Mercury. I cannot see the Zaandam because the camera jumps over it.

Bonnie, you are also correct the Zaandam picture I posted was from the link that Karin gave us yesterday:) But I notice it does not update very often like most web cams.

I wonder if anyone knows for sure on the Princess faces, if the are bow toward us or aft. I know that they always dock in front us. I tried looking thru my old photos of when we were on the Oosterdam in 2004 and this was the only photo I found. It does not show the Diamond Princess.

186533115Cqouyh_ph.jpg.7d65735f09972a3d1a3428ffeb61f059.jpg

Archived