Tux wear questions

ladydawn

Mary, formal night on most ships "requests" that the man wear a suit. Formal indicates a dark suit, but he can get away with something else. Again, depending on which cruise line, will mean how many are dressed in tuxes, suits or skip formal dinner. He can also use the suit for informal nights which leads me to believe you may be cruising HAL or Celebrity which are both more formal dress lines. If you are wearing something "very formal", maybe he will give in to at least wearing his suit with a white shirt and tie.

Bon Voyage

This Will Be My First Cruise And I Own My Tux With Tails That I Wear To Mardi Gras Balls.i Was Wondering If Anyone Wears Tails And If A Navy Vest And Tie Instead Of White Is Acceptable?

I Dont Really Want To Go And Rent Or Buy Another Or Be Overdressed With Tails.

Thanks

Shannon

IMHO, tails are a bit much - in any color. If you're going to a million dollar totally formal wedding, maybe, but usually only the groom/groomsmen would wear tails. Do men still wear tails at all? Seems like I haven't seen them in ages. Also, what color are the slacks? If they're black, no navy, please! :eek:

chicaletta - Congratulations to you! Have a great time and don't stress about something as small as DH taking off his jacket. ;)

AND, I am soooo glad all of you are saying "cummerbund" instead of "cumBerbund", which drives me crazy! (guess I need to get a life, huh?) :D :D

Hello,

I hope that you can read and understand my English, because I live in the Netherlands.

So about wearing a tux. The way my husband is getting dressed on the formal nights is a black suite with tux shirt and (we call it) a butterfly tie.

Black shoes(polished) and black socks. No one (at least we think) has seen that he is not wearing a real tux. And it looks perfect on him.

If we have more than 2 formalnights he has a dark grey suit, with nice shirt and a tie, with the same shoes and a pare of grey socks.

So you see, we do it our own way and it's o.k. with us. BTW I have a long black dress, for cruisin only. I wear it with a pearl or other necklace and that's how we do it.

Because we have a very long trip, all the way from Holland, we just want to bring 2 suitcases and a trolley.

BTW how do you like the Olympics so far, specially the swimming?

Love from a wet and very Holland,

Trijntje;)

Archived