Did JS get new perks?

But, this does not happen! :rolleyes: :cool: Why don't people understand that JS don't get perks, and CL?

Oooops they do? LOL J/K Thank you for you reply on your experience! Interesting that they are still passing out that same brochure. As far as I'm concerned they should give the promised perks, especially if they are still so irresponsible enough to keep handing them out.

You should see that brochure.........it is so ragged.........they keep passing it around all the JS's from cruise to cruise.......:D

But, this does not happen! :rolleyes: :cool: Why don't people understand that JS don't get perks, and CL?

Oooops they do? LOL J/K Thank you for you reply on your experience! Interesting that they are still passing out that same brochure. As far as I'm concerned they should give the promised perks, especially if they are still so irresponsible enough to keep handing them out.

JS using Suite check-in - OLD PERK (did this when we sailed on Monarch in JS in May 2005)

Upgraded bathroom amenities - OLD PERK (got this when we sailed on Monarch in JS in May 2005. aqhacruiser has also stated that they have had it before)

Access to CL lounge - NOT NEW PERK... some people are getting it because of RCCL's misprint. Nobody in a JS is entitled to it, accept for an error in the printing (and RCCL being afraid of being sued for false advertising).

So, yes, these do happen.... but they are NOT new suite perks...

Boo

JS using Suite check-in - OLD PERK (did this when we sailed on Monarch in JS in May 2005)

Upgraded bathroom amenities - OLD PERK (got this when we sailed on Monarch in JS in May 2005. aqhacruiser has also stated that they have had it before)

Access to CL lounge - NOT NEW PERK... some people are getting it because of RCCL's misprint. Nobody in a JS is entitled to it, accept for an error in the printing (and RCCL being afraid of being sued for false advertising).

So, yes, these do happen.... but they are NOT new suite perks...

Boo

There ARE some newer suite perks that JS are reporting getting! I've been reading about these all over these boards. Granted it's random, and not fleet wide. Your second comment is your opinion as far as I'm concerned. I doubt that RCCL has discussed this with you and and your opinion of the brochure being a misprint is your opinion to me. If your theory is correct, and they are afraid of being sued, why keep passing out this particular brochure? There are other's that they have printed, that do not word it like this, and you would seemingly like those brochures better as they do say, "GS and up" for CL privileges.

I don't know why they keep allowing this to happened if they really did want it too? Greek to me! But they do, and people who purchase what they purchase according to what they are promised shouldn't be made to feel bad.

If you are so unhappy about the misprint, then take it up with RCCL, and stop trying to bully people into feeling like they shouldn't ask for what is promised in their brochures.

"Here is your new car, Mrs. Jones. Where's the CD player? This model doesn't come with the CD player? The brochure said it did? Well, everyone knows that Buick.com has a message board, where people who you have never met, says that this particular model never had a cd player. Oh, your neighbor has one, well he must have gotten his car at another dealer. Each dealer seems to have their own rules. Sorry!"

Ok, quote me one person on these boards who stayed in a JS (and wasn't Diamond/Diamond+) who got CL access without asking/pleading/threatening RCCL (and their brochure misprint)? Go ahead, please.

Ok, quote the newer perks - not a list of old ones that you seemed to think were new perks before.

RCCL are still handing out the brochures because they are idiots... end of story. The elbow does not know what the arse is doing and - because of bad management - there is no-one to oversea and care.

I am not particularly unhappy with the misprint - as you say, it is RCCL's bed, they made it, they can lie on it.

I am not bullying people. I want people to get a realistic view of what they are getting - I don't want them to have the tone of their holiday set by you and then be all disappointed (because they don't get what you lead them to believe they will). I think that you are playing with these poor people and leading them on.

Yes, it is RCCL's fault for not being clear and consistent, but I believe that you are playing on this to rile people in JS's up.

Boo

There ARE some newer suite perks that JS are reporting getting! I've been reading about these all over these boards. Granted it's random, and not fleet wide. Your second comment is your opinion as far as I'm concerned. I doubt that RCCL has discussed this with you and and your opinion of the brochure being a misprint is your opinion to me. If your theory is correct, and they are afraid of being sued, why keep passing out this particular brochure? There are other's that they have printed, that do not word it like this, and you would seemingly like those brochures better as they do say, "GS and up" for CL privileges.

I don't know why they keep allowing this to happened if they really did want it too? Greek to me! But they do, and people who purchase what they purchase according to what they are promised shouldn't be made to feel bad.

If you are so unhappy about the misprint, then take it up with RCCL, and stop trying to bully people into feeling like they shouldn't ask for what is promised in their brochures.

"Here is your new car, Mrs. Jones. Where's the CD player? This model doesn't come with the CD player? The brochure said it did? Well, everyone knows that Buick.com has a message board, where people who you have never met, says that this particular model never had a cd player. Oh, your neighbor has one, well he must have gotten his car at another dealer. Each dealer seems to have their own rules. Sorry!"

Ok, quote me one person on these boards who stayed in a JS (and wasn't Diamond/Diamond+) who got CL access without asking/pleading/threatening RCCL (and their brochure misprint)? Go ahead, please.

Ok, quote the newer perks - not a list of old ones that you seemed to think were new perks before.

RCCL are still handing out the brochures because they are idiots... end of story. The elbow does not know what the arse is doing and - because of bad management - there is no-one to oversea and care.

I am not particularly unhappy with the misprint - as you say, it is RCCL's bed, they made it, they can lie on it.

I am not bullying people. I want people to get a realistic view of what they are getting - I don't want them to have the tone of their holiday set by you and then be all disappointed (because they don't get what you lead them to believe they will). I think that you are playing with these poor people and leading them on.

Yes, it is RCCL's fault for not being clear and consistent, but I believe that you are playing on this to rile people in JS's up.

Boo

Sorry I don't care to go looking to please you with a quote. I know what I have read, whether you choose to believe it or not, is not my concern.

I have refrained from replying to several of these threads, even when I hear the staunch, "No, you do not get access!" But when it goes on for while, and people like you start speaking for RCCL and what they really mean, and what you really get...bla bla bla, that is when I disagree.

Because as the posters here have said, they have gotten JS, based on their brochures! That's the fact. I'm not personally telling anyone what they should do. I dare you to find a quote from me saying that someone should go get a brochure, to try to circumvent the situation. In fact when I was asked for a copy of one, I refused it. I had taken the trouble in one thread over this debate to type in what was said but it was not my agenda to help people cheat as I feel you would like to think I would. I'm not setting anyone up for anything. Only reporting like several other's the other side of the coin.

We agree that this problem rests with RCCL, and I don't feel as if people should feel bad to ask for what they were promised. And if all of us discussing this repeatedly causes other's to do this who might not have known innocently, then the blame is on you and I for continuing the discussion.

I'm sorry but I take issue with the definitives here, that are not definitive!

PS You are certainly entitled to your opinions of RCCL what is going on in their heads, and what you think of me, and what I'm thinking. As I can only speak for myself, you are not correct in my motives, just as I may not be correct in determining yours.

I do agree that it was not easy on Mariner to get the CL issue addressed. My wife and mother had to make multiple trips, first requesting, the bringing a photocopy of the brochure (my mother), then bringing our brochure (my wife), then grabbing one out of a lounge. For them it became the principle of the thing (smile), especially after sitting with the travel agent with the brochure booking the cruise. When we showed up with our brochure from the travel agent, and the identical brochure from a lounge, RCI finally gave in but the customer service manager did tell my wife that you could read the brochure otherwise because of the language concerning misprints in the brochure.

It definitely wasn't, "oh yes, so sorry here's your key cards." It was more of a friendly fight (all parties were pleasant, and RCI was responsive to their visits to the desk). And, as to the CL it was so not worth it in our opinion. And we still had the best full family vacation of our lives.

Sorry I don't care to go looking to please you with a quote. I know what I have read, whether you choose to believe it or not, is not my concern.

Thi sis perfect thanks. It doesn't bother me that you can't quote, but my advice to others reading this is to, therefore, take what you post here with a pinch of salt...

What Leo's Family posts (below your post) is a lot more informative and completely realistic.

Boo

I think it is so funny that people get sooooo bothered by the fact that someone in a JS might get into the CL. It is not like it would affect their cruise in any way whatsoever.

You make a good point..........but it also makes no sense somebody would go to the trouble to photo copy a brochure to get access........

Folks......while nice........it ain't that big a deal........LOL!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I think it is so funny that people get sooooo bothered by the fact that someone in a JS might get into the CL. It is not like it would affect their cruise in any way whatsoever.

It could do - imagine if ALL the JS passengers on one of the bigger ships got access to the CL and used the concierge (there are a LOT of JSs on the bigger boats). The CL would be completely overcrowded and the Concierge would have a long queue and passengers in full suites would have a harder time gettign their requests fulfilled.

HOWEVER, a part of me thinks the BEST way to get RCCL to address this whole mix-up is for someone to post a sticky at the top of this forum entitled "JS passengers - how to ensure you get CL access!" (and related Leo's Families - and others - experiences). It would get many JS people on here access and would bring the whole thing out into the open - RCCL would be forced to address the issue.

Boo

This is a very good point and absolutely true. There would be a key in the JS if this was the intent. Not one single person has reported this happening.

Personally, I have spoken to RCI, and so has a TA family member of mine. Also, my wife is a graphic designer who has a friend in the RCI marketing department.

It isn't so much that it was a misprint. It was more of an oversight. They listed the JS under the suites in the "Pick a Room" section, then said suites get CL access. They never intended for JS to have CL access.

(Sorry folks. I know this has all been stated a thousand times. Just in case there are new readers)

As to the photocopying, I can see that requires more explanation. We only had one copy of the brochure, somewhere packed away in our luggage, when my mother started the request process. My mother who -- remember -- was in a separate room had photocopies of certain pages of the brochure with notes on them that she had been keeping for months with her other travel documents. She literally walked right to the customer service desk when she boarded with a few different questions including the CL issue and here photocopies (we boarded at different times so we had no idea she did that until we met them for lunch). I told her she should have started with the brochure because RCI doesn't have any context as to where those pages were pulled from, which was precisely their first response.

My intent is not to raise the merits of who is, or isn't entitled to this, but simply to say we did get access, but it was a pain in the backside, and IMO it definitely wasn't worth the effort.

As to the photocopying' date=' I can see that requires more explanation. We only had one copy of the brochure, somewhere packed away in our luggage, when my mother started the request process. My mother who -- remember -- was in a separate room had photocopies of certain pages of the brochure with notes on them that she had been keeping for months with her other travel documents. She literally walked right to the customer service desk when she boarded with a few different questions including the CL issue and here photocopies (we boarded at different times so we had no idea she did that until we met them for lunch). I told her she should have started with the brochure because RCI doesn't have any context as to where those pages were pulled from, which was precisely their first response.

My intent is not to raise the merits of who is, or isn't entitled to this, but simply to say we did get access, but it was a pain in the backside, and IMO it definitely wasn't worth the effort.[/quote']

Well I will say this (with a smile on my face).......if my 91 year old mother went to the customer service desk..........they dang sure better listen to her LOL!!!!!!! Brochure or no brochure pages.........

and I'm glad to hear you say the CL wasn't worth the trouble.........now the CL can be a great experience but maybe not for the trouble one has to go to get if they weren't intended to have access to begin with.

By the way......I love the twin cities..........one of my favorite areas......but don't care for your winters.:)

Thi sis perfect thanks. It doesn't bother me that you can't quote, but my advice to others reading this is to, therefore, take what you post here with a pinch of salt...

What Leo's Family posts (below your post) is a lot more informative and completely realistic.

Boo

LOL Yes, Leo's post does lean more toward your opinion, so that should be taken with more of the salt? Boo Boo, we agree again, post's here should be taken with a grain of salt, as the common agreement we have is, you always seem to get a different answer, so you need to be pro-active!

So....I just called RCCL, and spoke with Lily. I asked what the official policy of the benefits of the CL lounge. She said, "The lounge is offered for suites GS and above. Now....that's where I'm sure many folks say, "Thank you", hang up and come here for the report. I went on, as I don't believe that "GREAT EXPECTATION LEAD TO GREAT DISAPPOINTMENTS." I went on to explain that my MIL purchased a JS after learning from the brochure that she had, that JS do get the CL service, and was sent a letter from the Explorer that she would be invited, and a key would be in her room.

She said that yes, if a person booked the room and was told because of the brochure that they expected that service that ship was supposed to Honor it. I went one step further, (Hypothetically) and said, I have learned that this debate was going on since the purchase of their suite, and was wondering if I were to go with them, would I be given the same Honor? She said, yes. "Even if they booked with a TA, and I choose to book with you?" She said, "Yes, I can link the reservations, what itinerary are you looking at?" I asked if she could provide me with the same letter and she said, she could.

I said, I would wait but had one more question. "I hear that there are several new suite perks that RCCL was initiating, when will these be out?" She said that on some ships they are already out, and will be on all ships in the coming months. She went on to say, "We used to have extra suite amenities only for the Royal Suites, and now these are going to all the suites, such as binoculars, champagne...." I asked if these would be in the JS suites as well, and she said yes.

She also said that they will continue to use the brochures until new ones are printed out, and that there may be further changes in those. I didn't press what that might be. I could assume a change in the name suite to enhanced balcony and a downgrade of some kind, or an upgrade to suite? I don't know.

So there was my phone call, AGAIN, where I have now 3 times gotten the same information when I ask the questions beyond the first one.

At least they are standing behind what they are printing. We just have to wait and see what will be done, come new print time.

PS Thank you Leo for clarification! I would think you would be met with a raised eyebrow when presenting a photocopy! Thanks for the explanation.

Sorry but it *could* affect my cruise. There are what, 8 GS's onboard a ship and then how many higher suites? Not many. Now compare that to the number of JS's onboard. And on the Freedom of the Seas, our next cruise leaving Sunday, the CL is separate from the Diamond/Diamond + lounge.

So when we pay the extra money to have access to a CL (among other perks)..and in the case of the Freedom it was ALOT, then I expect to be able to use the perks I paid for and not be in a lounge crowded with everyone who *thinks* they are entitled to something because of a misprint.

I know it sounds snobby and I am trying NOT to be. But put it THIS way...wonder if you paid top dollar for tickets to an event and when you got there you found out that everyone else was given the tickets for free. Wouldn't that upset you?

And I am just AMAZED at the lengths that people will go to to get something free. I mean, copying a brochure...come on. :rolleyes:

This is a very good point and absolutely true. There would be a key in the JS if this was the intent. Not one single person has reported this happening.

Personally, I have spoken to RCI, and so has a TA family member of mine. Also, my wife is a graphic designer who has a friend in the RCI marketing department.

It isn't so much that it was a misprint. It was more of an oversight. They listed the JS under the suites in the "Pick a Room" section, then said suites get CL access. They never intended for JS to have CL access.

(Sorry folks. I know this has all been stated a thousand times. Just in case there are new readers)

Paul ,I believe this to be the best explanation that I have heard, and most likely even the RCCL personel that I have spoken with, would concur. People will aways try to get around something when they learn they can. That's up to the individual as to whether they will try to or not.

My point from the get go, has been because of my personal experience in booking through brochures first and then learning here at CC about the whole thing, is that they should honnor what they print, and/or fix it for everyones sake!

"The lounge is offered for suites GS and above. Now....that's where I'm sure many folks say, "Thank you", hang up and come here for the report. I went on, as I don't believe that "GREAT EXPECTATION LEAD TO GREAT DISAPPOINTMENTS." I went on to explain that my MIL purchased a JS after learning from the brochure that she had, that JS do get the CL service, and was sent a letter from the Explorer that she would be invited, and a key would be in her room.

Hi RSS!

Well stated. One thing though. In order to have a key waiting in the JS, it has to be brought to their attention. Otherwise, it will not be there.

Sorry but it *could* affect my cruise. There are what, 8 GS's onboard a ship and then how many higher suites? Not many. Now compare that to the number of JS's onboard. And on the Freedom of the Seas, our next cruise leaving Sunday, the CL is separate from the Diamond/Diamond + lounge.

So when we pay the extra money to have access to a CL (among other perks)..and in the case of the Freedom it was ALOT, then I expect to be able to use the perks I paid for and not be in a lounge crowded with everyone who *thinks* they are entitled to something because of a misprint.

I know it sounds snobby and I am trying NOT to be. But put it THIS way...wonder if you paid top dollar for tickets to an event and when you got there you found out that everyone else was given the tickets for free. Wouldn't that upset you?

And I am just AMAZED at the lengths that people will go to to get something free. I mean, copying a brochure...come on. :rolleyes:

Yes Michelle I agree with you! Now consider you booked your vacation based on the information in front of you, (say you went to TA got brochure) and used it to make your desision to pay extra for a GS, only to get on the ship and be denied! Have you seen the price for some JS cabins? On our sailing the JS went up beyond what I paid for a GS.! I would say that is good money as well. Not everyone is working this system! My MIL wasn't, she took what she was reading for face value!

Hi RSS!

Well stated. One thing though. In order to have a key waiting in the JS, it has to be brought to their attention. Otherwise, it will not be there.

Hello to you Paul! :D Agreed!

I thought of you the other day, when I saw that plane go down in the keys. Were you involved in the rescue?

Yes Michelle I agree with you! Now consider you booked your vacation based on the information in front of you, (say you went to TA got brochure) and used it to make your desision to pay extra for a GS, only to get on the ship and be denied! Have you seen the price for some JS cabins? On our sailing the JS went up beyond what I paid for a GS.! I would say that is good money as well. Not everyone is working this system! My MIL wasn't, she took what she was reading for face value!

Oh I understand your MIL's situation. But think of the number of people here over the past 4 months that this came up *trying* to get a key to the CL because they found a loop hole on CC?

It's kind of like what happens on the Carnival board...someone mentions the "45 day letter" that Carnival sends out giving free gifts to someone who writes a complaint/praise letter to them and within days everyone is asking for the Carnival address cause they want to write a letter to get a free gift.

Nothing wrong with working the system, when RCCL makes a misprint. As FOS and LOS are the only ships with a separate Diamond Lounge. I will all but gaurantee you that there are more Diamonds on some sailings than there are JS. Lots of people become Diamonds by sailing insides and OV. It is RCL that has made the psuedo category of a Junior Suite anyway. I see no issue with someone wanting access to the CL if that is what is stated in the brochure.

Archived