Fajitas in Puerto Vallarta

improvman

We decided we'd like to have fajitas for dinner in Puerto Vallarta. I know, it's technically Tex-Mex, but that's what we want. It looks like our best options are Pipi's and Fajita Republic. Can anyone suggest one versus the other, or is there a better recommendation?

Thanks.

Fajitas? Can't you get those at Chili's or Chevy's in America? Go to Daquiri Dicks....it's fabulous and "safe" but a little more interesting. Their Black Bean Soup rocks! Shrimp/Lobster Tacos, everything is fresh and yummy. Location is fun....good people watching.

We decided we'd like to have fajitas for dinner in Puerto Vallarta. I know, it's technically Tex-Mex, but that's what we want. It looks like our best options are Pipi's and Fajita Republic. Can anyone suggest one versus the other, or is there a better recommendation?

Thanks.

In a city full of five star restaurants and you want fajitas? Well OK, if given a choice between the two, I would take PiPi's every time. Fresh guac made tableside and fantastic margaritas. Food is pretty good too but a tad too touristy for some.

Burro's Bar, on the beach by Daquiri Dicks, is a pretty good place for food and great drinks too.

Enjoy!

In a city full of five star restaurants and you want fajitas? Well OK, if given a choice between the two, I would take PiPi's every time. Fresh guac made tableside and fantastic margaritas. Food is pretty good too but a tad too touristy for some.

Burro's Bar, on the beach by Daquiri Dicks, is a pretty good place for food and great drinks too.

Enjoy!

I absolutley agree. Based on Paul's recommendation, I have been to both Pipi's and Burro's Bar and love them both. In fact, we went back to Pipi's on our cruise in November. Unbelievable guac and huge margaritas!!! :D

There is a great web site called chowhound.com that has a section on the Mexican Riviera. This is a consumer review site and it has lots of great information on PV, Mazatlan and other cities. Should be a must read before going.

• 2 years later...

We just got off our Mexican Riviera cruise and we went to Fajita Republic because we had been there years ago and loved it. The location had changed (across the street and down a block) but the shrimp fajitas were still as good as I had remembered. Get those and a mango margarita and you will be in heaven.

I would suggest Pipi's if you really must have Fajitas but there is a Chili's right across from the Cruise Ship dock at the Galerias Mall/Liverpool.

Now, if I can talk you out of the fajita thing, since it's not Mexican/local food and hard to find down here....let me suggest El Baracuda. It is on the beach, next door to the Buenaventura hotel (south) and has FANTASTIC and reasonable food. Same owners as Fajita Republic/Pacific Grill.

Their lunch menu is great, I love their baja fish tacos, their Peruvian ceviche and the beef molcajete. All are dynamite! They service you chips and salsa right away and the beach is pretty quiet with a breeze.

They open at 1:30 PM, PV time and are closed Mondays.

They have shrimp, fish, beef and chicken.... many choices.

From here, it is about a 10 block walk to the Malecon or you can take a bus from out front of the Buenaventura to the Malecon for 5.5 Pesos.

This is one of those "in the know" restaurants that many of us frequent but do not tell everyone about it because we want to be able to get in and eat :)

I would say either is a good choice. It has been quite sometime since I have been to PV. However, Pipi's and Fajita Republic were always our regular stops for dinner.

Pipi's always had a long wait but well worth it. We never had to wait at FR. The friend I used to travel with knew the owner of Fajita Republic. It was always good food. I especially liked the verde chicken enchilladas.

I would suggest Pipi's if you really must have Fajitas but there is a Chili's right across from the Cruise Ship dock at the Galerias Mall/Liverpool.

Now, if I can talk you out of the fajita thing, since it's not Mexican/local food and hard to find down here....let me suggest El Baracuda. It is on the beach, next door to the Buenaventura hotel (south) and has FANTASTIC and reasonable food. Same owners as Fajita Republic/Pacific Grill.

Their lunch menu is great, I love their baja fish tacos, their Peruvian ceviche and the beef molcajete. All are dynamite! They service you chips and salsa right away and the beach is pretty quiet with a breeze.

From here, it is about a 10 block walk to the Malecon or you can take a bus from out front of the Buenaventura to the Malecon for 5.5 Pesos.

This is one of those "in the know" restaurants that many of us frequent but do not tell everyone about it because we want to be able to get in and eat :)

Bzy...ssshhhhhh....quietly ..don't want too many too know about this...;D

I got my first taste of Pipi's last year after ziplining...I'm hooked. Looking forward to going back this Oct...I can taste the guac and margarita now...the waiter came around dumping more tequila in some of our group's drinks....I don't drink tequila normally, and I was just fine with my drink the way it was...HUGE!!

Sorry, I know this sounds dumb, but you made this restaurant sound so amazing. When you say the Maecon this is what cruise passengers call downtown PV? When you say bus from Buenaventura do you mean city transportation? Maybe a taxi to and from is easier?

Archived