Drink Prices?

rmlf1

Normal, everyday drinks made with well liquor are about $5 before automatic 15% gratuity. You can get the drink of the day for anywhere from $4 to $8, depending on what the drink is.

Here's a hint: Be sure to ask for your drink in a regular glass, not a "souvenir" glass. You won't get a fancy (not!) glass that you can keep, but you won't be paying for one, either. :D

They do climb from there. It all depends on what you drink. A Cosmo (and it was a HUGE one, and very delicious) was at least $9. (after a few, who can remember what they cost? ;))

Not bad at all...just got back from our first cruise and did not really know what to expect for our bartab!

Froo froo drinks (pina colada, mango tango, etc) are in the $5.50 range (I took the advice of the people here and asked for it in the non-souvenier glass!). Mojito's and other mixed alcohol drinks were in the $6.50 range. But the bartenders pour quite generously...none of the drinks lacked for alcohol, so it doesn't take that many...lol

I always have to write an FYI on these drink questions...Not all bars on the same ship charge the same nor are they all the same am't alcohol. No big deal, usually a $1 diff. but frustrates frugal me! Have had a few that were just waved over by the bottle! :(

Has anybody noticed an increase in drink prices since the settlement with George Smith's widow?

This isn't posted as humor or as commentary on drunken idiots falling overboard, I was just wondering if they were discouraging overindulgence by forbidding bottle purchases and jacking up the prices like the ballparks did.

Dave

Hell, if you can afford a ticket to a ballgame, you can afford the drink prices. Same with a cruise!

True enough. If I want a drink, I'll buy one, (or two)...though I do wish the glass for the $9 martini was a bit larger! ;)

I was just wondering if anyone saw a pricing trend in response to all the hullaballoo in the media. We haven't cruised since last September and the settlement was just after that.

Dave

When i go on a cruise i get drinks. drinks at dinner, drinks at the pool, its not till the end of the cruise im like "how did i drink 200 dollars in drinks." They also have buckets of beer 6 for 10 dollars. Are they still this price?

The only place I've seen beer that cheap is on Costa Maya and I think you only got 5 beers for $10. On the ship it's more like 5 for $20 including tip.

Yep, that is correct. On Splendour Nov. 30, they were selling buckets of beer, 5 for either 21 or 24.

Archived