What to wear?

If you go to the specialty restaurants on formal nights, do you dress formal there also? I have read many posts saying for example..." we're booked at Chops on formal night because we don't want to pack formal wear." We are sailing on Mariner, and wondering what most people wear to Portofinos and Chops- formal night and other nights.

I believe they request you be "smart casual" but some people do dress formal to eat there. I guess if you are celebrating a special occasion or something, it's nice to dress formal, but its not an obligation.

I believe it probably asks for smart casual even on formal nights, but I am not 100% sure.

If you go to the specialty restaurants on formal nights, do you dress formal there also? I have read many posts saying for example..." we're booked at Chops on formal night because we don't want to pack formal wear." We are sailing on Mariner, and wondering what most people wear to Portofinos and Chops- formal night and other nights.

Jessy is absolutely right. You *may* wear formalwear on formal night at Portofino or Chops, but you are not required to do so. The dress code for these restaurants is always "smart casual".

I believe a little less than formal, but dressy is alright. Maybe a nice dress or dress pants and a blouse, collared shirts and dress slacks for the men. Formal, of course, is perfectly acceptable anywhere on the ship on formal night.

I wore a nice pair of capris, heels, and a top that was "evening appropriate". Hubby wore docker-type pants and a collared polo shirt. We saw a few men in jackets (no tie) and many without jackets (like my hubby). As long as it's not "daytime/grocery store/ work-out clothes" wear, you will be fine. Whatever you would wear to a nightclub or upscale restaurant is good.

Archived