Roll Call: Pride Crossing '07; Dover to Gloucester, MA

JaneBP

My husband and I will be taking this one after visiting England for a month. Can't wait. Have you done this crossing before? What kind of weather can we expect? I have to get every thing packed in the next month before we leave Florida to go back to our boat.;)

Good to hear I won't be alone at the SkyBar! I did this crossing two years ago and we had some bouncy, albeit sunny days. It is still hurricane season, after all. I got my favorite suite on Deck 4 near the elevator and with the walk-in shower, so am all set. I figure once I get to Halifax and Bar Harbor I am just getting off to eat lobster, lobster, and more lobster.

Jane in Philly. heading to Naples on Monday.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Jane BP, My husband and I will be on this cruise and we are also booked on the Legend Adriatic cruise July 28th. I believe we have met in the past, but cant recall when. We live in the Phila. western suburbs. In any case, look forward to seeing you in the legend. J.A.:)

Dear Jane BP, My husband and I will be on this cruise and we are also booked on the Legend Adriatic cruise July 28th. I believe we have met in the past, but cant recall when. We live in the Phila. western suburbs. In any case, look forward to seeing you in the legend. J.A.:)

That's terrific! We will have lots of time to figure it out over some BBC's. I am now ranting about the one-way fares to LHR.

I am trying to read John Berendt's book on Venice, 'City of Falling Angels', but it's a tad dull. But then, I never read 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil' either. I have bought a Frommer guide book, my first since 'Europe on $% & $10 a Day. I am looking forward to getting my cruise booklet.

Thanks 'West Coast Jane'. I am sure we shall sail together again in the future. So I shall be on my best behavior. I do hope Sis and Bro-in-Law have gotten settled in their new home.

>"..where in Naples are you heading that is where I am right now until the end of May?"

Hi When Coast Dream.

I visit friends who live on Hawksridge Drive. My parents used to live in Naples as well, but moved to Ft Myers (Shell Point Village). I got sick and cancelled my first trip, but I leave again this Sunday.

Crystal808,

Thanks for the flight site. I ended up getting a pretty good deal on BA and got a free night in London to boot. So, I will stay one night at the Kensington Thistle and then move to the MO thanks to Seabourn.

East Coast Jane

Jane BP - We had quite good lobster at a very pleasant restaurant called McKelvie's right near the big wharf area in Halifax. If you've not been before, the Museum of the Atlantic (or name along those lines) has fascinating exhibits and film about the Titanic rescue and Halifax disaster.

Was going to suggest you look into Aer Lingus for possible decent o/w fare, but sounds like you're all set.

Envy you that voyage!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

We are considering this cruise. Any words of wisdom regarding the type of seas one can expect? The gurus are predicting a busy hurricane season.

Re: one-way air fares. Check out (NYC departures) Silverjet, and (LAX departures) Maxjet. Good prices for oe-ways, plus all-business class!

>"Any words of wisdom regarding the type of seas one can expect? The gurus are predicting a busy hurricane season."

The gurus were wrong last year, so who knows?

Jane (just had a few inches from Barry, as it were)

We are considering this cruise. Any words of wisdom regarding the type of seas one can expect?

The North Atlantic can have very rough seas after summer fades. However, if you have "sea legs" you will still probably have a good time! Just don't expect it to be flat as glass.

We are considering this cruise. Any words of wisdom regarding the type of seas one can expect? The gurus are predicting a busy hurricane season.

Re: one-way air fares. Check out (NYC departures) Silverjet, and (LAX departures) Maxjet. Good prices for oe-ways, plus all-business class!

Dear Tex, My Husband and I are on theis crossing, and also crossed last year. We had good weather last year, I can only recall a few bumps, which did not affect us at all. In any case, this is a northern crossing. Hurricane season is in the south. Of course, anything is possible. J.A.

Hurricane season is in the south. Of course, anything is possible. J.A.

My husband René and I will also be on this cruise (of course if nothing happens).

We have been in the Halifax area before on the Pride and we were chased by a named hurricane (Juan). So it can happen, but we are willing to take the chance!

Marja

>"My husband René and I will also be on this cruise.."

How nice it will be to meet you both.

Perhaps we all can meet for drinks at the MO before the cruise?

Who's up for a CC Trivia Team?

Hi Jane! I think I may know you already (and you me?). But I could be wrong. You could check my profile.

We have only booked the cruise, not the hotel option. So we will fly in on September 18 and have a transfer to the Pride directly.

But first the Spirit in 5 weeks from now!

Marja

So, it looks as if we' Crossers' will be joining the Pride right after dry dock, yes? I remembered looking at the original itinerary and it was repetitious for me, and then, Seabourn sweetened the pot by revising the stops (Gloucester is a plus for me) and adding the London stay. It remains to be seen if I shall convert to a crossing fan, but I am looking forward to trying it again and meeting all of you.

I also want to learn how to play cribbage, any players?

• 4 weeks later...
I can't wait for your next Seabourn experiences either, because I will be on both of them! ( But you have figured that out already, haven't you? )

Since not everyone uses the Roll Call BB I do like the way you have listed your cruises!! But there is only one we have in common:

>September 18-29 2007 Pride - Dover - Gloucester" I am looking forward to meeting you at the SkyBar and then, playing Trivia. Today I am packing for the Adriatic cruise.

I bought a new suitcase (Eagle Creek) that conforms to the BA carry-on size (no purse allowed!) and it's quite small. I have 3 days in London before the next two trips then 3 in Istanbul. I have an increased fear of losing my checked suitcase after hearing more horror stories, such as BA sending >6000 suitcases to Italy for sorting. If anything is going to Italy it should be me and not my luggage.

But, these are wonderful problems, compared with the struggle for world peace and health care for all.

Archived