Roll Call: Pride Crossing '07; Dover to Gloucester, MA

JaneBP

Thanks for the compliment Jane! As a matter of fact it is easy to see for everybody who uses this forum on what cruises they can find me. I really think it would be a great idea for other people to do it this way, in stead of listing all their former cruises. Of course to see those is interesting too, but it is so much nicer to know who will sail with you on your next cruise and like you said, only a few people really use the roll call page.

By the way, as you can see I was able to create an alternative count down clock, since the others don't show anymore.

So I will see you in September, but like I said before, I think we already sailed together in the past.

Marja

Thanks Nail, I thought for some reason it was just my cruises that were not showing. Do you know why they are not working? Can't wait to see you again in September as you won't be at the Mandarin see you at the Sky Bar.;)

Sure, see you at the Sky Bar!

Well, about the clocks; my post was moved to a special thread about countdown clocks. There are about 13 pages there! I found some interesting stuff, but I wasn't able to use many, because I don't have a "my space" account??????

Once the clocks will show again, my "September crossing" clock will follow.

But first....... the Spirit!

• 3 weeks later...

Captain Mark Dexter (new Seabourn Master) should be aboard. He embarked on July 21st and I think he'll be on until end of Oct.

Hotel Manager--Lulu, (Laurent Lalouer) I don't know who the Cruise Director will be since Helga is no longer on the Pride. Eric DeGray is tranferring over, but don't know the date.

Have a grrrreat and safe Crossing~~

MB

Helga's no longer on the Pride? I was looking forward to seeing her either in January or on our April cruise. What about Jan and/or David E? I think Tony and Christine are still on the Spirit, but I will only be on the Pride this year. Any info would be helpful.

I understand that Davie E and Marla will be on our Pride crossing. Also, several of the current crew on the Legend have told me will be joining us, (or are we joining them?) Kirsten will be the travel consultant, but with 8 sea days, I kidded her that she won't have to book many excursions. I hope she will come and play Trivia with us.

• 1 month later...

>"Jane,

I wish you a wonderful Pride crossing from the bottom of my heart!

I hope you will have a blast! Marja"

My Dear Marja,

I was counting on you to help me document the changes to our sister in drydock! And we are all counting on you to maintain your positive spirit and wanderlust. (or is that 'cruiselust'?)

We shall raise a glass to salute your courage and resumption of good health.

This weekend 9-15 & 9-16 is London OPen House Weekend. More than 500 buildings normally closed to the public are open for view. Some require advance reservations but others do not.

When I went 4 years ago I got into the Lloyd's building, Mansion House, Lambeth Palace, a behind the scenes tour of the V & A, Porticullis House (at Parliment) and a few other minor buildings. It was great.

Enjoy London and remember if you want cheap eats (an oxmoron in London now) go to Pret a Manger or Tesco's or Sainsbury's. Great sandwiches, salads and puddings.

Bon voyage

>"if you want cheap eats (an oxmoron in London now) go to Pret a Manger or Tesco's or Sainsbury's. Great sandwiches, salads and puddings."

I wish there were 'Pret a Mangers' in the US Airports. I did find one in NYC a few years ago. However, I plan to dine at Gordon Ramsay at Claridges on Sunday night.

For those on the Pride TA Crossing, when in Halifax a fun excursion is to go to the famous downtown candy store, "Freak Lunchbox!" I'm been twice and it's an unbelievable store! (Barrington Street)

Also, the waterfront warehouse shopping is quite an experience.It's 3 city blocks long~~ You can easily stroll the couple of blocks from the ship. Also, docked at the pier is the "Sackville" ship ~~the ship's bell, the Pride brought back from Derry Ireland two years ago, is housed in the Sackville mess hall.

Have a safe and smooth Crossing~~:p

Martita B.

Archived