Viking always has a "sale" going on

CincyAL

We have had good experience on our two Viking cruises. We normally book 9-12 months early. However, it seems like we get a new brochure at least two times a week listing "SALE" prices. If the price drops does Viking honor the new price with existing reservations? Like to hear from personal experience and not would the brochure says.

I am curious about this answer also.

I looked into booking a Russian trip with Viking last year and there was a huge push to "pay for the entire trip by a certain date to get a $500 early booking discount". Though, after that, there was a lot of specials and I wonder how they would compare to the early booking special...

I was speaking to Amadeus recently and they were also pushing to book by a certain date (October?) for an early booking discount...

• 2 weeks later...

This is a question I am also curious about. Please post the answer when you get it; we are looking to travel in Sept. 2008 so there is always a possibility of a "sale" before that time:confused: . I'de hate to pay full price now and then our itinerary go on sale 2 for 1 later:eek:

I can't seem to get a "definite/straight" answer, but it appears that NO we would not get the decreased [should there be any] price.:( They give discounts for early bookings, if paid in full by a certain date; naturally, you have a better choice of cabin location by doing that. When the "sales" pop-up there would be very limited choices of cabin. Guess we would have to pick/choose which we would rather have.........lower cost or choice of cabins. IMO, I don't want to pay the total amt. of a cruise this July for a trip a year and a half out. Now I'm totally confused.:confused:

Hi Cincy Al,

I called Viking about your very question. The response that sales are usually less than the early booking discount mean that refunds due to lower sale prices usually aren't worthwhile. But if the sale was less, she thought you could pay a small revision fee to rebook at the lower price. Hope this helps!:)

Hi Cincy Al,

I called Viking about your very question. The response that sales are usually less than the early booking discount mean that refunds due to lower sale prices usually aren't worthwhile. But if the sale was less, she thought you could pay a small revision fee to rebook at the lower price. Hope this helps!:)

The sales for Russia right now are incredible. They are almost 2 for 1 (give or take $300, compared to the early booking prices I saw last October). It would surprise me if they drop the prices. But I don't have any first hand experience.

I've been looking at the prices for Viking's "Imperial Jewels" trip to China for the last 4 months, hoping they may drop for trips this fall, 2007. I received a brochure early last month, where they cut the price of airfare by $750 pp. Yesterday I received a brochure where they cut the price of the cabin by $750 pp, but the airfare was full price! So the price of the trip was really the same if you purchase the total package. That is only a "Sale" :rolleyes: if you have frequent flyer miles that you can use for the flight portion.

You are right, they always have a sale, but I haven't seen it less than I was paying. Saw it the same, not less. We booked and payed in full at $3441.each in February. The only problem in waiting is that the lower price cabins will be gone.

Go for it. Join our trip.

Larry, New Jersey

I am thinking about the 15 day trip to China for July 2008. I don't think that their prices for the cruise/hotel goes down that much, but I have seen drastic changes in airfare. Do anyone know when their 2008 prices will be posted and if they offer special deals in airfare, if we book early would we be able to get the reduce airfare price?

Archived