HOLY COW!!!!!!!! We got upgraded!!!!!!1

JayDeeJay

We just got upgraded as well...we are leaving on the Hawaii run..Honolulu to Vancouver on Friday....went from a 1A inside guarantee to a 8D BALCONY!!! Woohoo!....eleven category upgrade!....unbelievable! But what a way to see Hawaii...with a balcony! Carnival Spirit here we come!!

Aloha!

Debbie

Well our TA booked our trip and it wasn't a guaranteed room, so I guess being upgraded won't happen for us. Darn it.

Booking with a TA won't stop an upgrade. We booked a balcony guarantee for my son and his gf and they got upgraded to a cat. 11 suite. Our TA said that even if you've booked a certain room you can still get an upgrade, but did admit that they usually go to "guarantees" first.

But it's good to know that TA or direct, the upgrade fairy still visits.

Kim

Congratulations to all! :D

Awesome to hear that you guys got upgrades!

IMPO I'd have to say PCT! Some of you will know exactly what that means & to the rest I say you have great luck with the upgrade fairy & musta done something really nice for someone else to receive such a blessing!

Have a terrific time celebrating your upgrades! :D

Feel pretty certain we will not receive one since no word yet, but from what I understand the cabin we have U6 on the Inspiration is a pretty quiet one with the white space in front of us just being linens....so from what I was told peaceful!

I prayed for peace & sounds like I'm getting it! :D

Be blessed, be a blessing! :p

The upgrade fairy visited my husband and I as well! We booked a specific cabin (balcony, on the 8th floor I believe) and we were offered a Penthouse suite (cat 12)!!!! We leave on 5/5 and are soooo incredibly psyched! It's a mixed blessing, because I was a balcony snob BEFORE the upgrade, now we're going to be suite snobs too!!!

Yes you can defn get an upgrade even if you book a specific cabin. Happened to me and my family when we went on our first cruise in 2005. Booked assigned Inside cabins thru TA and received Oceanview cabins sent by email to each of us. We were all so happy. We didn't even know what an upgrade was or anything. I had to call to see what this upgrade thing was about. Only downside was we were all dispersed across the ship, whereas b4 we were near each other. But it worked out fine in the end of course. Hoping for my upgrade for my Aug cruise. I booked an Oceanview guarantee :D.

And the above poster is right there is only 1 God, please pray to an upgrade fairy instead :p.

Congrats on your upgrade! You will now be spoiled. :D I wonder how many people currently booked went and checked their reservation after reading this post. LOL :D

Congratulations!! Now you will be a Suite Snob!! Once you have one it is hard not to book one again....Have a great trip! :)

We had booked a specific stateroom E-191 about 10 months ago. I don't know what category it is, but our new category is 12 ... yeee haww!! Have looked at the "virtual tour" for this and it looks awesome. Man, we're just walking on AIR!! Can't wait!!:D

You are on the Holiday, and there are ten - count 'em - 10 - balconies on the whole ship. YOU, my friend, have hit the mother lode of upgrades!! Bring a bungee cord to hold the door open.

Wow, what a great surpise. Just wondering if you were booked with anyone else that had a diiferent cabin link to your booking. I do not know if the following is true, or not, I heard that if your cabin is link to another cabin then you will not get a upgrade. Does anyone know if that is a true statement or not.

Enjoy your cruise and your new accomdations.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugraded both cabins...near each other ...both from 1A guarantees to Cat 8D balconies...whithin a four cabin space of each other on the 6th Deck - Empress Carnival Spirit..Hawaii sailing! Plus the onboard credit of 168 dollars per cabin! Not too bad for $899.00!

So it happens, even with linked bookings..Good Luck everyone

Archived