Platinum Sticker on Travel Documents

WendyandPeter

Sometimes we have heard of memebers that are not Platinum members receiving there docs with the same sticker you are referring to, I beieve Princess either has too much of this stock and are using them periodically for sailings or something. However if your already signed up for Express Check-in you can still use that line...hell if the Paltinum line is shorter you can try and use that oen too by just showing your docs with the sticker on it...I personally use teh Platinum check-in only if it is shorter than Express even though I am a Platinum member.

I am Platinum and they often forget to put the sticker on.

When you check in - look at your deck line and Platinum line and choose the one that is not as long. If your card isn't with the Platinum cards (which it probably won't be), it will be with the associated with your deck.

On some recent cruises, there were people in line that did not have platinum on their documents. They went through a travel agent that was booking a group cruise. I wonder if when the travel agents check the documents and make a mistake(putting documents in wrong plastic sleeves). Are these packets coming direct from Princess or through the travel agent. I am curious now.

the jackets and all documents come directly from Princess at which point the agency inspects them before mailing them to us. Never heard of a cruise being allowed to use Platinum check-in before....now weather they just decided to help themselves to that line because they were a large group that could be all together a different story.

Donna5 either I am blind but I can't see were you said they were Platinum members in your post?

On some recent cruises, there were people in line that did not have platinum on their documents. They went through a travel agent that was booking a group cruise. I wonder if when the travel agents check the documents and make a mistake(putting documents in wrong plastic sleeves). Are these packets coming direct from Princess or through the travel agent. I am curious now.

When I've used Platinum check-in, it's been slower than other lines... go figure. A higher number of people who did *not* have their documents in order so the rest of us had to wait...and wait...and wait. ;)

I believe I answered your question on that as well...they come originally from Princess and forwarded on to your TA and then to you...all comes already prepackaged by Princess there is nothing for a TA to assemble or put together, they simply double check the docs and mail them to you.

On all cruises I have been on the documents go from Princess to travel agent or agency to me. The agency does nothing more than mail it. The sleeves are already put together before they get the agent/agency. I had a question about an upgrade that wasn't listed on documents but was on cruise personalizer. I called former agency I was using and she said they never even look at the documents when they come in; just mail them directly out to client.

Archived