Highlights of Copenhagen?

We have one day including an evening. What highlights must we see in that short time? How do we sign up for a tour post cruise?

Okay...What would I do if I just had one day in Copenhagen?

Definitely take a Canal Boat tour...

Have a beer at one of the bars along Nyhavn...

Stroll down the Stroget...

Tour the Rosenborg Palace...

Visit the Glyptotek Museum...

Some folks would say visit Tivoli at night...personally, I found it noisy, overcrowded and disappointing...but you may find things different...

Good luck...

From the Tripadvisor noticed I received in my email this morning:

Best view of the city: From Our Savior's Church take the spiral staircase to the top.

From the Round Tower, a 360-degree view of city.

From the Harbor Bus, a view out into the city.

Families: Copenhagen Zoo, Louis Tussaud Wax Museum, IMAX Tycho Brahe Planetarium

Other: Jazz - club - La Fontaine, Christiansborg Castle, DFDS Canal tours, Christiania neighborhood, National Museum, Little Mermaid, rent a bike, Rosenborg Castle, Glyptotek's displays - statues, sculptures & paintings, Amalienborg Castle

Marble Church, Carlsberg Brewery Museum and Louisiana Museum of Modern Art.

We climbed to the top of the Round Tower and did enjoy the view. Well worth the time. The climb was easier than the staircase climb we did in Tallin, but not as exciting (no risk of falling to your death with a misplaced step).

We also enjoyed Tivoli. We arrived prior to sunset and spent several hours there. We have some wonderful pictures of our group during the day surrounded by a rose garden. Then in the evening when all the lights came on it was magical. Some nights they even have fireworks. Eating was expensive in Tivoli so we did not have dinner. In hind sight, I wished we had spent the money to have dinner and just relax in one of the open air restaurants (if the weather is nice).

Often times on trips, especially cruises, we get so caught up in "seeing the sights" you loose perspective on what is really important to you. And to us, seeing every last museum, castle or gift shop is not important. This is why I wished we had done dinner in Tivoli. At this point in our trip (second to last stop) we were tired of castles. We had more fun just walking the local streets, seeing non tourist areas, and buying different "snack foods" from the local stores.

@cruisingeurope

Listen to "dog" and "Bruin Steve" - good advices. When will you be in Copenhagen?

You should go to Tivoli, it's very nice and there are good palces to eat in the Garden, but maybe a little expensive compared to US.

There are a lot of nice restaurants just round the corner of Tivoli, depends of what kind of food you want to try :)

Let me know what kind of interrest you have so I can help you - you can always mail me: kla203@yahoo.co.uk

Archived