It is official - Tahitian Princess spending summer in Alaska!

Coral

Here is the PR: http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na882

Here is the section of the PR:

Alaska Connoisseur Voyages

Princess will offer a new Connoisseur itinerary aboard the intimate 670-passenger Tahitian Princess. This 14-day voyage includes new port calls at Kodiak, Seward, and Valdez in addition to visits to Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Sitka and Victoria, B.C., with daylight cruising of Glacier Bay. Tahitian Princess will sail on eight voyages departing on Thursdays from Vancouver. With eight ports of call and a full day of cruising Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve, this itinerary is perfect for the traveler who wants the most Alaskan cruise available.

I am so excited about this! Though I am sort of scared of the pricing :eek:

I am excited to do different ports in Alaska on a small ship. I went to Alaska 4 years in a row and skipped last year and this year but am anxious to return this next year. I just hope the times in port are long (especially Juneau).

So instead of a B2B on the Coral or Island - this is going to be my choice for summer 2008!

~~~~~ Special thanks to cruisegoers for posting this info a few days ago.

Great itinerary! But I bet you're right - the pricing will be definitely be over my budget :eek:

I usually do b2b in Alaska but I book flash specials (cheap last minute). So pricing may hurt but it may be worth it!

A ship this small in Glacier Bay--now THAT will be up close and personal.:cool:

Never mind that Baltic cruise next summer, here's a better way to spend $4000!

Les

Lol, I have a Baltic cruise booked also and am thinking the same thing.:)

So, who wants to join me on whatever cruise covers 7/30? Now all I have to decide is if a mini suite is enough or do I have to splurge and get a full suite :D So, anyone know when this goes on sale?

May 14th..

Remember Coral I sail on the Dawn May 11, and the 12th and 13th are sea days headed North. Hopefully the onboard advisor will have all of the info we need :)

Doug

You better email me on those sea days! What are we going to do if we don't have a long day in Juneau??? Maybe with a year's notice, AB will change their schedule for us... ;)

A ship this small in Glacier Bay--now THAT will be up close and personal.:cool: Never mind that Baltic cruise next summer, here's a better way to spend $4000! Les

Problem is would they have to give up one of their larger ship's slot to get her in. :confused:

Still would be great sailing her to those off the beaten path ports. ;)

Problem is would they have to give up one of their larger ship's slot to get her in. :confused:

Not necessairly. They have the Pacific Princess doing an itinerary right now that includes GB. They are sending the same amount of ships (4) on NB and SB as they have in previous years.

As I see it, they must have acquired an extra permit for GB this year for the Pacific Princess as they are not removing any large ships from visiting GB.

Even the RT out of San Fran has acquired an extra permit this year as they are visiting GB on at least one of their itineraries (maybe more?).

I also sailed on the Island Princess back in 1998 on a similar route and this still ranks right at the top of my favorite cruise list. Being on a smaller ship in Alaska is a huge benefit, until you experience it you won't believe the difference being closer to water level brings. That plus the extra ports will make a great cruise. I'm betting that a visit to College Fjord is also on the route.

I'm sailing on the Dawn in a couple of weeks to Alaska and am now thinking about next year and I haven't even done this years yet ! :)

Doug

I'm sailing on the Dawn in a couple of weeks to Alaska and am now thinking about next year and I haven't even done this years yet ! :)

Doug

You and me both brother! I do the nb & sb on the Pacific 7/18 and cannot wait to try her. To get the chance to do another small ship in Alaska for 14 days without having to bother with a turnaround day :D :D :D

We're on the Pacific Princess in Alaska this summer, and I didn't find the pricing much more expensive than any other Princess ship. Will Tahitian be more than Pacific??

Your are probably on a 7 day cruise and next years Tahitian will run a 14 day roundtrip.

Archived