Meet and Mingle for Teens?

Teen Meet and Mingle?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Teen Meet and Mingle?

• Yes
    • No

I voted no, only because I want to meet who my kids will be getting to know on the ship, as well as their parents. I want their parents to meet my teens as well. THEN they can go to AO where I know they have "get to know you" type programs. Our boys are already hooking up with friends their age on email prior to our cruise (via our roll call thread). It's all good. My boys aren't ashamed of us and we plan on having fun. This is family time, with spaces for new friends as well. We would, just like in a major city, be keeping a supervised eye on them. I do think we'll have a blast.

*This is just what we are doing/planning and in no way gives an opinion about what other's plan. I honestly am not responsible for anyone but myself/family.

Karen, who's "getting out there" SOON!

I think it would be great. I have a bunch of kids but my son will be 18...too old for AO and far too young for bars. My other kids will be in AO, he is shy....it would be a great way for him to meet others.

I think it would be great. I have a bunch of kids but my son will be 18...too old for AO and far too young for bars. My other kids will be in AO, he is shy....it would be a great way for him to meet others.

I see your point! My teens are "just" barely teens, so a big difference in age ranges! I hope they have fun on your cruise! How can you not have a great time on a cruise?!

Karen

Yes :) My two teens fall into 2 different age brackets as far as the onboard activities are concerned but are great friends and wouldn't want to be separated so an opportunity to meet kids around their age (14 and 15) would be ideal.

Have your daughter post a thread on the Meet & Mingle page looking for other teens on her particular ship. If she gets enough response, you might get RCI to sponsor/monitor the event. If not, she can set up a place and time for the group to meet and a parent (you) can go to monitor it.

Archived