All Things Mariner Of The Seas

Sadly, (at least for us on the East Coast) RCCL is moving the Mariner of the Seas to the West Coast. I have been trying to find out if there is a replacement at Port Canaveral, but no luck. Sent e-mail to RCCL, no answer except that Monarch of the Seas will be moving in to replace Sovereign of the Seas. Does anyone know what RCCL is planning for Port Canaveral?

I don't think anyone has an answer. You can bet it will probably be one of the new ships. I wouldn't mind seeing the Independence of The Seas but who knows.

I don't think anyone has an answer. You can bet it will probably be one of the new ships. I wouldn't mind seeing the Independence of The Seas but who knows.

I remember reading on another website (porthole magazine or something like that) that one of the Freedom class would likely replace the Mariner as the Genesis are in negotiations with Fort Lauderdale. Only time will tell I guess.

I know that this is far from official, but our waiter on our January 20th Mariner sailing was absolutely confident that the Independence of the Seas will be the Mariner's replacement. We'll see.

During our Western trip on Mariner the ice show was held

Wednesday 7PM & 9 PM

Thursday 5PM & 7Pm

For those doing the Eastern on Mariner

Wednesday 7PM & 9PM

Friday 5PM & 7 PM

:):cool:

The show lasted for about 45 minutes. The tickets for 5 PM show is quickly taken. The distribution of tickets takes place at 10 AM on Tuesday.

The line up starts 9:30AM .:cool:

They distribute them on the day you are in Labadee? Do you just not get off the ship at 8:00 when they dock and go ashore after you get your tickets?

It seems like they would distribute them on Monday, the day at sea.

We were on Mariner eastern itinerary in June and they distributed the tickets at 9am on Tuesday but it was a sea day. There was a line early and they actually started distributing around 8:45. We are on the western itinerary this coming June and hopefully it isn't scheduled for 10am while we are at Labadee because we will miss it.

Edited to add that according to the latest western compasses on cruise dailies, they ice show tickets were handed out on Monday at 9am which was a sea day. Those compasses are from May 07 but I would expect them to hand out tickets on a sea day, not a port day.

The show lasted for about 45 minutes. The tickets for 5 PM show is quickly taken. The distribution of tickets takes place at 10 AM on Tuesday.

The line up starts 9:30AM .:cool:

My mistake they distribute them on Monday which is a sea day , not Tuesday as posted.:cool:

For the ice show on the Mariner - I see for Western that it is offered 2 nights. Is there another headliner show in the main theater on one of those nights versus the other night? Figured we would want to spread out the family fun.

I need some help. When I found the seven day menus post, formal nights were listed as Day 2 and Day 6. When I went to old Compasses posted online, formal night was Thursday (Day 5) (on western route which we will be on.) So which is it, Day 5 (Thursday) or Day 6 (Friday)?

I need some help. When I found the seven day menus post, formal nights were listed as Day 2 and Day 6. When I went to old Compasses posted online, formal night was Thursday (Day 5) (on western route which we will be on.) So which is it, Day 5 (Thursday) or Day 6 (Friday)?

I remember reading that the menus were company wide, not necessary your particular ship. So, I would go by the compasses and not the menu

Would someone be kind enough to let me know what time the parades are on? We missed them on the Navigator since unfortunately I was not able to determine the times last year and am hoping not to miss them this year.

Many thanks

Vivian

I remember reading that the menus were company wide, not necessary your particular ship. So, I would go by the compasses and not the menu

Interesting point, if the menus are the same throughout the fleet, what's the big deal with the "executive" chef on each ship? They kind of act like the chef himself dreamed up the evening's meal selections.

Sounds like they just open the cook book....peel 1000 lbs of potatoes, bring 100 gallons of water to a boil, crack 600 eggs, open can "B" and add box "A"..... Maybe he/she is there to make sure the stuff is presented correctly.

The Eastern the week of Jan 6 - 13/06 the formal nights where on Day 2 (Mon) and Day 6 (Friday).

The Western the week of Jan 13 - 20/08 the formal nights where on

Day 2 ( Mon) and Day 5 (Thursday).

I kept copies of the Compass

:):)

Archived