All Things Mariner Of The Seas

Diamond cruisers have 10 cruise credits with Royal Caribbean and/or Celebrity Cruises. You can read about it under benefits with the Crown & Anchor Society at the RCCL home page. Nice perks :) Can't wait :) :)

i was told by C&A that you cannot combine the Celebrity credits witr

h RCCL. you could however get the perks reserved for the highest of your two accounts with either line

AWSOME!!! That's what I like to hear. I've booked the Mariner December 16 for my GF and her two teenage daughters. No doubt that after this sailing the Mariner will have a special place in my heart too. You see I plan to ask my GF to marry me. I've gotten 3 rings. 1 for her and 1 for each of her daughters. I've heard that it's a package deal so I figured I better ask all 3 of them.:D Keep up the good work everyone!!!

What a sweet idea. What a great step-dad your going to make. Please keep us posted on what happens,

My first cruise was the Mariner, she holds a special place in my heart. I was sad to hear she's moving from Fla.

I will toast her while on my next cruise Dec 7 08 on Independence of the Seas..

Dg

• 4 weeks later...
You're exactly right, LaLa! What I meant to say was that if you had 10 cruise credits on Royal or 10 cruise credits on Celebrity, you would be Diamond level on Royal.

By any chance, you're not LaLa near Jax are you?

No, we are in Atlanta. i guess were near JAX if you are from LA :rolleyes:

My husband and I were on the Mariner in January '06 and we had such a wonderful cruise. I've always wanted to go back onto that ship, especially now that it will be going to the west coast in a few months. :( Didn't think I would have the opportunity, but...

My Mom wants me to take her (she's paying!) on another cruise. We took her and my Dad on the Disney Wonder in '04 and she wants to go on another one while her health is still good (Dad passed away in January), so I thought I would book us on the Freedom of the Seas for September '09 but she said she doesn't want to wait that long!

So we got to looking on RCI's web site, and decided to go on the Mariner, Eastern route, this October!!! She's excited! I'm excited, and so happy to be going on that ship "one more time!" We were able to get a junior suite "hump" stateroom, so that will make it even better!!!

My husband and I were on the Mariner in January '06 and we had such a wonderful cruise. I've always wanted to go back onto that ship, especially now that it will be going to the west coast in a few months. :( Didn't think I would have the opportunity, but...

My Mom wants me to take her (she's paying!) on another cruise. We took her and my Dad on the Disney Wonder in '04 and she wants to go on another one while her health is still good (Dad passed away in January), so I thought I would book us on the Freedom of the Seas for September '09 but she said she doesn't want to wait that long!

So we got to looking on RCI's web site, and decided to go on the Mariner, Eastern route, this October!!! She's excited! I'm excited, and so happy to be going on that ship "one more time!" We were able to get a junior suite "hump" stateroom, so that will make it even better!!!

Yvonne, I'm sorry for your the loss of your dad. My dad passed away last August. :(

Congrats on the cruise booking! I hope you and your mom have a wonderful time.

We are going on a mid-December cruise - on the Mariner...Western Carib. We booked a Family Suite and hope that it will be worth the money we paid for 4 adults and 2 children! Whew!

None of us have ever cruised before and are really looking forward to the experience!

I have enjoyed reading all of the tips - especially about the packing!

If you have stayed in the Family Suite before, can you tell me what your experience was like?

Thanks! I am so excited, I can hardly stand it!! :)

We are going on a mid-December cruise - on the Mariner...Western Carib. We booked a Family Suite and hope that it will be worth the money we paid for 4 adults and 2 children! Whew!

None of us have ever cruised before and are really looking forward to the experience!

I have enjoyed reading all of the tips - especially about the packing!

If you have stayed in the Family Suite before, can you tell me what your experience was like?

Thanks! I am so excited, I can hardly stand it!! :)

We are also 4 adults and 2 kids in the family suite. We sail Oct. 12th. Will let you know after that. I can't wait either! :D

That is awesome! Please post when you get back this Fall. :)

We are also 4 adults and 2 kids in the family suite. We sail Oct. 12th. Will let you know after that. I can't wait either! :D

Just got off the Mariner yesterday 5-4-08 and instead of posting a review I thought I'd post some random thoughts in here:

-great ship

-enjoyed Drew Devine and the captain Johnny added to the entertainment

-really like the love today song they play before shows

-enjoyed the Q&A with the crew on day 7

-the 19th hole is always empty, I enjoyed grabbing a few beers and watching some soccer

-people I talked to seemed like they were looking forward to Los Angeles, excepty my head waiter, said he will look for a transfer to a FL ship

-is anna banana really her name?

-overall it was a great cruise

Just got off the Mariner yesterday 5-4-08 and instead of posting a review I thought I'd post some random thoughts in here:

-great ship

-the 19th hole is always empty, I enjoyed grabbing a few beers and watching some soccer

-people I talked to seemed like they were looking forward to Los Angeles, excepty my head waiter, said he will look for a transfer to a FL ship

Thanks for this, I will be there on Sunday and I enjoy all the tidbits I can get...

Yup, it's gone...NO midnight buffet.

On the eastern route the week of Jan. 20th, on day 3 Tuesday, they had a "Family Outdoor Nightclub", from 11:15 pm - 1 am, with a Poolside Buffet from 11:30 pm - 12:30 am.

Is this true for all sailings?

-great ship

Thanks! I am on the ship this coming Sunday. Getting excited :D

Only Portofino's is listed on the RCCL Web Site, but when I was on Mariner in 2006, there was a Chops. Is Chops still on Mariner?

:)

Unless there has been a change both Chops and Protifino were on the Mariner in Jan 08.

:)

We were on the Mariner last December. Both Chops and Portifinios were up and well then. We ate at Chops and did the Mistery Dinner at Portifinios. Also, they did have the Family Dance Night by the Pool. Don't worry, it wasn't very crowded. If I recall it was at the same time as the Comedian show and most people were in there. She is a beautiful ship and I will miss her. She was our families first vacation ever. Of course the upside is I now have an excuse to go to California and sail her new itenerary. hmmm? I wonder what her new Itenerary will be?:rolleyes:

My husband & I will be on the 1/4/09 cruise when the Mariner repositions to LA. We are from the San Fernando Valley north of LA so it will be a home coming.

Although the cruise will be 46 nights, we are fortunate that we enjoy each others company and we both have a great sense of humor. We are looking forward to the South American experience and especially going around the Horn.

Is there any specific thread for this cruise? When we did the Mediterrean /Greek Islands cruise on the Brilliance, we had a meet & mingle group that was a lot of fun.

Archived