All Things Mariner Of The Seas

Sorry, I didn't take any other pictures, I do have video though! My sons post on youtube, I should make them add my video (because I, of course, have no idea how to do it!!) The rest of the room looked just like the other pictures posted earlier, except we had a chair instead of a sofa since our three teens were in the adjoining room and there's a door by the chair, no room for a sofa. I tend to have some motion sickness, so we always book lower decks toward the middle of the ship. It also keeps us from gaining weight, we make a pact to never use the elevators and we were up and down a lot looking for our kids on decks 11 and 12! We actually lost a couple pounds this time!

Well with me.... there are 96 signed up for the M and M. Thanks!!

If you go to the roll calls you will find there is about 123 pages of people who are going to be with us. Everyone is meeting at the pool bar with leis on for sail away if you would like to join a very large group.

If you go to the roll calls you will find there is about 123 pages of people who are going to be with us. Everyone is meeting at the pool bar with leis on for sail away if you would like to join a very large group.

I will certainly try! I usually miss the sail away. I'm usually getting ready for dinner. I did participate when I was on the Adventure only because that one doesn't sail until late. I'm a diamond member, and although I'm traveling alone this time, I already feel like part of the group. Thanks once again.

I will be sailing on the Mariner... Does anyone know what the entertainment is?

Here is the entertainment schedule for the August 17th sailing, sent to me by web_reservations@rccl.com on July 8th:

JOHN JOSEPH & JOHNNY B: COMEDY DUO

MOTOWN FEATURING SPECTRUM: GROUP

MIGUEL WASHINGTON: COMEDIAN

DON BARNHART: COMEDIAN

JEFF TAVEGGIA: JUGGLER

MARIE-PIERRE LERAY: ICE ACT - AERIAL TRAPEZE

DAN DAVIES: COCKTAIL PIANIST

BILLY GLADES: PUB ENTERTAINER

BAMBA BAND: LATIN TRIO

PRODUCTION SHOWS: PURE ENERGY - FRONT ROW

The CD is Abe Hughes.

Jeff

As you know, the Mariner of the Seas will be moving to Los Angeles next year. Did you know that Royal Caribbean has already sent the ship over to Los Angeles to make sure it has room to dock (and you thought it was in dry dock)? I managed to get this photo as I flew over ...

LAHarbor.jpg

Thanx for your pics - you sure do get around with these nice photos - so helpful - love them -- thanx again -- Corkey Carol from the other thread

• 2 weeks later...

Sailing in 11 days! Have a question.

How early can you drive into the port and check your luggage?

I'm not interested in being one of the first on the ship, but we have a rental car and would like to drop off our luggage, then get out of there and do some other things before coming back on the Rental Car Shuttle, without luggage, at our leisure.

I'm not interested in being one of the first on the ship, but we have a rental car and would like to drop off our luggage, then get out of there and do some other things before coming back on the Rental Car Shuttle, without luggage, at our leisure.

Good Question, but I have a feeling no one is ready to take luggage until at least 10AM.

Anyone have a sure thing answer for this?

Hello B-52..Have not talked to you in a few days. BTW my son Anthony said to say hello and was floored to hear that the sail away party would be dedicated to him. Anyways, I asked this previously and was told that once you get in there to drop off luggage is is too chaotic to leave and come back again. We will be there early (we always are) we can get a chance to meet b/f the sail away party. Now if you can just wear pink fuzzy bunny slippers and it will be easy to spot you!:D

I asked this previously and was told that once you get in there to drop off luggage is is too chaotic to leave and come back again.

This is true. But I heard something that made sense to me. Taking the Car Rental Shuttle can be a pain, lugging all you bags with you.

I'm thinking about getting rid of our luggage early, leave the port and do other things, maybe a nice Sunday Morning breakfast somewhere, then return the car and take the shuttle in the afternoon, not carrying any bags at all.

I've noticed on other cruises that it is good to arrive early, or later in the afternoon (3 pm and after). In between is chaotic. Our first few cruises we always tried to be early as possible. It's not important to us anymore. You can now book everything on line before the sailing date.

Just thinking things over. If we can't drop off our bags early, we will probably take the shuttle early with our bags as before.

We found that using the rental car shuttle was easier then dropping the luggage and then coming back later. The later you return the car the longer the line to use the shuttle to the port. We found that rental shuttles get priority over cars including taxi's.

How do you obtain tickets for the ice show? The first time we sailed on the Mariner, we were in a GS and they were delivered to our state room without us asking. This trip (9 days) we are in a JS, and do not get all the perks.

If non concierge service they have a line up for tickets usually the first day at 9 am to get tickets for the various times and nights of the ice show.I have always gotten in line early and always got tickets.I have heard that if you can't or do not want to rise early you can get them sometimes later if they have any left which at some show times they do.I believe it is only shown two different nights at to times to accomadate the different seatings for dinner.

I have also been told that if you come to the theater the night of the actualy show and time you will often find seats with people not showing up.

I was on Mariner Jan 27,2008.

Hope this helps:)

Can anyone please tell me what the inside cabins are like - do you feel cramped? Is the bathroom a reasonable size? Sorry, there are so many posts to have to look through and this may have been discussed before... please help.

inside cabins are pretty small but we felt it was manageable. (we're a family of 4) everyone has a different opinion but we just felt it wasn't worth the extra $ and we were hardly ever in the room. traveling with 2 teenagers we found that one of those over the door shoe organizers was a life saver. great for hair goods, lotions, shaving items, socks, curling iron etc. theres very little room in the bathroom. it only got a little hairy at shower time,but when the girls had to get ready my husband and i left the room and enjoyed a drink in the lounge. i would do it again.

inside cabins are pretty small but we felt it was manageable. (we're a family of 4) everyone has a different opinion but we just felt it wasn't worth the extra $ and we were hardly ever in the room. traveling with 2 teenagers we found that one of those over the door shoe organizers was a life saver. great for hair goods, lotions, shaving items, socks, curling iron etc. theres very little room in the bathroom. it only got a little hairy at shower time,but when the girls had to get ready my husband and i left the room and enjoyed a drink in the lounge. i would do it again.

I always close the curtains or drapes anyway when we are in a balcony or ocean view stateroom- so may as well be in an inside cabin - and when I nap, I like it dark -- corkey

I've read alot of helpful info in this thread but I didn't see an answer to this question, so please forgive if its been asked and I just missed it! :)

How strict is the dinning room about the formal dressing? I love dressing up but had a friend who just came back from an Alaskan cruise and she said that they wore anything at all for dinner... she said there was even a person in overalls.... so how strict is the Mariner about their dress code?

Also the previous poster was asking about interior cabins and I would love to know the answer to that as well!

Thanks for all replies!

We will be sailing on the Mariner Oct. 5th. I couldnt figure out how to put the countdown in here! :o

Usually the porters will not take your luggage until all the passengers from the prior cruise are off the ship. I would guess 10:30am to 11:00am under normal circumstances. Once your luggage is check you can then drive off and do what you want. However, you will only have a few hours, as you (not your luggage - you) have to be checked in 90 to 120 minutes prior to departure.

This is true. But I heard something that made sense to me. Taking the Car Rental Shuttle can be a pain, lugging all you bags with you.

I'm thinking about getting rid of our luggage early, leave the port and do other things, maybe a nice Sunday Morning breakfast somewhere, then return the car and take the shuttle in the afternoon, not carrying any bags at all.

I've noticed on other cruises that it is good to arrive early, or later in the afternoon (3 pm and after). In between is chaotic. Our first few cruises we always tried to be early as possible. It's not important to us anymore. You can now book everything on line before the sailing date.

Just thinking things over. If we can't drop off our bags early, we will probably take the shuttle early with our bags as before.

I had a rental car when I was on the Carnival Glory in April 2006. I drove to the local rental office. Dropped off my luggage and checked the car in. Then my luggage was loaded into the shuttle. As I recall there were two other people with me. We were dropped off right next to the porters. I checked my luggage and boarded the ship. Everything went great.

How do you obtain tickets for the ice show? The first time we sailed on the Mariner, we were in a GS and they were delivered to our state room without us asking. This trip (9 days) we are in a JS, and do not get all the perks.

There will be an announcement. You get in line and request how many tickets you need. When I was on the Navigator my friend got a ticket for me. When I was on the Freedom I was in a suite and five tickets were given to us. There were six in the cabin so I had to ask the concierge to give me a sixth ticket.

I've read alot of helpful info in this thread but I didn't see an answer to this question, so please forgive if its been asked and I just missed it! :)

How strict is the dinning room about the formal dressing? I love dressing up but had a friend who just came back from an Alaskan cruise and she said that they wore anything at all for dinner... she said there was even a person in overalls.... so how strict is the Mariner about their dress code?

Also the previous poster was asking about interior cabins and I would love to know the answer to that as well!

Thanks for all replies!

We will be sailing on the Mariner Oct. 5th. I couldnt figure out how to put the countdown in here! :o

Last week on the Mariner few, very few, were in casual clothes. No one seemed to care. I suspect shorts and a t shirt might have been objectionable, but maybe not. A lot of ties and jackets came off as soon as people were seated.

Can anyone please tell me what the inside cabins are like - do you feel cramped? Is the bathroom a reasonable size? Sorry, there are so many posts to have to look through and this may have been discussed before... please help.

I don't know if you are going to feel "cramped". I've been in smaller inside and ocean view cabins (only about 120 sq ft) and I didn't feel cramped. However, each person reacts differently to being closed in. The main thing is that there is no outside connection to the world (no window). If you want to know what is going on outside your cabin, you have to leave your cabin. Also, since there are no windows it can get very dark inside, even at noon on a bright sunny day.

As to the bathroom, it is small but manageable. The biggest issue I have with Royal Caribbean is the clam shell doors on the showers. The CDs joke about squirting soap on the sides and spinning. They are not far off from the truth. I have some bathroom photos ...

This is more or less what the bathroom looks like ...

2ndBdrmbath.jpg

2ndBdrmshower.jpg

This short video will give you a better idea of what life is like in an inside cabin ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axQu5G79n1M

Hey Cruiser2....great video. :D Just wondering do you have any photos of bathrooms in E1 balconies? Maybe you have already posted some but it would be a really long look through the posts. Thanks in advance. :p

Archived