Princess Transfers - Airport to Hotel - San Juan

joyride

I wasn't going to bother to mention this, but after reading some recent threads regarding Princess Customer Service, I feel inclined to make a post.

We are recently off the Crown Southern Carribean Explorer, round trip from San Juan. We booked our own airfare from California on Continental, using FF points to upgrade to First Class on our flights from Oakland to Houston and then to San Juan.

So, we did our own air, but we booked our transfers from airport to hotel, hotel to ship with the 2 night pre-cruise hotel package from Princess.

When we arrived in San Juan - Princess did not meet us to take us to the hotel. So, we took a cab for a total of $25 for 3 of us with luggage and tip.

Once on the ship, I took my receipt to the Purser and I was reimbursed the $25.

But - here's the question - how much did 3 of us pay for those transfers that we did not get??? I'm thinking at least $15 each for a total of $45 or maybe more. The transfer price is not broken out on the package.

Anyway, we are still feeling that we were somehow overcharged. I know that my TA had faxed our flight info. to Princess, so they should have known to meet us upon arrival in San Juan.

On the other hand, is it even worth it to pursue this for maybe $20. Perhaps not, but it is just frustrating that I would have to write a letter or expel other energy to get the transfer $$$ back.

Would you do anything about this, or not?

When we arrived in San Juan - Princess did not meet us to take us to the hotel. So, we took a cab for a total of $25 for 3 of us with luggage and tip.

Once on the ship, I took my receipt to the Purser and I was reimbursed the $25.

But - here's the question - how much did 3 of us pay for those transfers that we did not get??? I'm thinking at least $15 each for a total of $45 or maybe more. The transfer price is not broken out on the package.

Joyce - the transfer is included in the cost of the hotel price, so you are right, it is not broken out.

I would probably leave it alone. I booked Princess hotels 2x. The first time, they greeted me at the luggage area and then brought me to the cab station and paid for a cab fare. The 2nd time, they greeted me at the luggage area and took me to a "free shuttle" that the hotel provided to the airport. In the 2nd case, Princess did not pay anything for the transfer to the airport as the hotel had free shuttles to their hotel.

They should have greeted you but most likely, they would have put you in a cab to your hotel and just paid the cab bill. Which ultimately is what you ended up doing anyway and what they reinbursed you for.

I would leave it alone and just remember the "suite part" of your trip :)

Archived