Crown Docking in St. Thomas 7/10...a question

crissyp

HI...after following our roll call for some time time, one poster stated that we might be docking in Havensight rather than Crown Bay due to the fact that there will also be 2 Carnival Ships in port with us basically at the same time. From what I understand the Crown always docks at Crown Bay in St. Thomas ( princess cruisers do not seem to like this port, I for one have never been to either).

So I am wondering what your thoughts might be on this....Why would she think the Crown will be the ship not to dock there:confused:

thanks,

Crissy

They can't fit too many ships in Crown Bay. However, I'm more apt to think that Carnival doesn't dock in Crown Bay, so I'm not sure why if there were two Carnival ships, it would affect Princess.

If you end up going to Havensight, consider yourself lucky.

check cruisecal.com and see how many ships will be in port that day. that will give you some idea of how crowded Havensight will be. Maybe if they don't have so many ships it will go to Havensight instead.

o whoops thats the cruise i"m on and I am hoping we go to Havensight--only 3 ships in port that day. St thomas has a schedule somewhere online but only 2 months in advance so we can check sometime soon and see.

I was under the impression that Princess owned Carnival or vice versa:confused:

It looks like 3 three ships will be docked in St. Thomas that day, maybe we'll be the lucky ones and get to go to Havensight;)

We are on the same cruise. We are not planning to shop at the mall or go on the tram. The good news for us is that (according to Cruise Critic's port review) it is a little less money to go into town. I haven't looked at a map and I'm hoping its not more to get to Meagan's Bay.

I was under the impression that Princess owned Carnival or vice versa:confused:

It looks like 3 three ships will be docked in St. Thomas that day, maybe we'll be the lucky ones and get to go to Havensight;)

Carnival does own Princess but Carnival uses Havensight exclusivly and Princess has a 10 year contract with Crown Bay so you won't see any Princess ships at Havensight anymore. :(

I understand why cruisers prefer Havensight. It's more developed and is closer to town.

But I thought Crown Bay was beautiful. Theres a nice marina visible from the ship. Lots of sailboats, yachts...some great views.

There are new shops opening up currently. So see if theres some stuff in there.

The dock is also very clean. There was a band playing when we got off the ship.

I thought it was a great spot to dock....

Marina.

marina.jpg

Some sailboats.

SBinST.jpg

Sandz.....come join our roll call!!! We're a pretty large group and everyone is planning on meeting on the ship at some time. Thanks to all for your responses....The pictures are beautiful.....I'm just glad to be sailing, it does not really matter where we dock....I just want to seeSt. Thomas for the first time.

Interesting about Princess cruises and Crown Bay. We unexpectedly docked there once on ccl liberty 12/05(no notice whatsoever from the CD)--getting into town was easier but I had planned to go to St John and had to take the CA ferry instead of Red Hook.

Getting back to the ship was a bit of a hassle from town after shopping because the cab driver tried to fill up the cab for 1/2 hour in horrible traffic and other cruisers were going back to Havensight, not Crown Bay.

You've gotta give those cab drivers some credit, though. I mean, you tell them what ship your on and they know exactly where to go. It's gotta be especially hard for them in certain ports where ships just dock wherever they can.

But the waiting 1/2 hour for the thing to fill up is really annoying.

Archived