Staterooms 6000, 6001, 7000, 7001

IheartHAL

If you have ever sailed in one of these cabins (not an Owner's or Vista Suite), would you do it again? My guarantee booking has resulted in an assignment to one of these forward staterooms. Now I'm having second thoughts:( . I enjoy a verandah on the side of the ship where I can put my feet up on the railing and watch the action on the dock or in the harbour. The solid apron on the forward cabins would really cut down on the view, and I imagine it gets quite windy up there while cruising. The deeper balcony is not a positive trade-off for me.

I would really appreciate some first-hand opinions!

Sheena (my wife) and I were in 6001 on the Miami-Amazon-Miami Regatta voyage in Nov. 2006. It was a great cabin, plenty of storage space and not a lot of movement for it's forward location. I thought we would get a better view of the Amazon from the forward facing cabin but we were disappointed:

It was very windy!

The ship and/or the river were moving too fast!

The sight line forward was blocked by the solid bulwark!

The rail (for us) was at eye level when seated!

The additional floor space is only useful if you have a lounge (which you won't have)or you have very long legs!

The noise when arriving or departing a port can be annoying (anchor chains and bow thrusters)!

In the future we will stay on the sides,on our next voyage on the Insignia we are starboard crossing the Atlantic from Barcelona and sailing down the coast of Brazil to Buenos Aires.

We were on Pacific Princess (new),Papeete to Sydney, 9-03, and met a couple who were in 6001. They complained of wind across the bow, and anchor/thruster noise in ports. We were in 6051. PP is a sister to the Oceania ships.

On Regatta, 8-05, into the Baltic, sis-in-law and hubby were in 6004, and complained of thruster noise and vibration at ports. We were down in 4031 and never heard a thing.

This is why they make so many kinds of ice cream.

We love the front vista suites. Yes there is noise from the anchor being lowered and raised but that is part of sailing.

The views from the front when pulling into ports can not be beat.

As for wind over the balcony, we never found it to be too much, however we were in calm seas and beautiful weather for 20 days.

We are leaving for two cruises back to back next week- one in the back and one in the front.. Can't wait to experience both.:) :)

Of course, there is a significant difference between the vista suites and the cabins in the middle between the vista suites. We briefly considered 7001 for our Hong Kong-Athens cruise next april, but went back to our old standby, 7078. The reasons are the motion, the wind, the apron, the noise, and especially what appears to be almost a tunnel view straight ahead unless one is standing at the railing.

However, if I were assigned one of these cabins due to a guarantee, I would accept it before I would accept a non-veranda room, or worse yet, not get to go on the cruise. It's a matter of preference, but would not be a deal-killer for me.

Thank you for letting me know what the forward staterooms are really like. My TA is kindly checking regularly with the cruise line in the event that a side verandah becomes available. I'm hoping that since we don't sail until September, the odds are in my favour!

We were in 7000 this March in the transatlantic crossing March 23-April 6. There is a lot of pitching motion in that room when the ocean is not smooth, so it is not for those who tend towards being sea sick. There is also a lot of wind on the verandah. The view out of the french doors is exactly the view you see on the television channel showing the view from the bridge. On the other hand, we did not hear any noise from ship activity, and it is fun to watch the ship entering various ports.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I have been in both 6000 and 6001 and loved 'being the first to arrive" in each port. Very interesting to watch the docking and departing, however, a bit noisy (we didn't care as we loved watching).

I would take those staterooms for northern Europe, the Mediterranean, but I wouldn't choose them for areas known to have rough seas like South America. Although we took other rooms (midship side) for SA, we missed being able have a 180 degree view at bow.

• 5 years later...
If you have ever sailed in one of these cabins (not an Owner's or Vista Suite), would you do it again? My guarantee booking has resulted in an assignment to one of these forward staterooms. Now I'm having second thoughts:( . I enjoy a verandah on the side of the ship where I can put my feet up on the railing and watch the action on the dock or in the harbour. The solid apron on the forward cabins would really cut down on the view, and I imagine it gets quite windy up there while cruising. The deeper balcony is not a positive trade-off for me.

If you sailed in cabin 6000 ot 6001, what is your opinion or may be you declined the offer?

My husband and I have been in both 6000 and 6001 and loved 'being the first to arrive" in each port. Very interesting to watch the docking and departing, however, a bit noisy (we didn't care as we loved watching).

I would take those staterooms for northern Europe, the Mediterranean, but I wouldn't choose them for areas known to have rough seas like South America. Although we took other rooms (midship side) for SA, we missed being able have a 180 degree view at bow.

Were you able to see the sea from the bed in those cabins?

Or the Atlantic at times.

1717620948_TransAtlantic2007167.jpg.2613871f5aabb17b14fcf310ce0e6331.jpg

• 1 month later...
If you have ever sailed in one of these cabins: 6001, 6003, 7001, 7003) (not an Owner's or Vista Suite), would you do it again? My guarantee booking has resulted in an assignment to one of these forward staterooms. Now I'm having second thoughts:( . I enjoy a verandah on the side of the ship where I can put my feet up on the railing and watch the action on the dock or in the harbour. The solid apron on the forward cabins would really cut down on the view, and I imagine it gets quite windy up there while cruising. The deeper balcony is not a positive trade-off for me.

For all those who ask the same question: NO! I would not ever sail in that cabin: 6001.

Recently, I booked and paid for a BB cabin garantee with balcony, and asked for Port Side (because we do not tolerate sun). I supposed they had no such cabin available, because they offered us an "upgrade" in cabin 6001, at the front of the ship. We hesitated, but decided to accept.

Then, I read this thread... asked THE QUESTION, but could not change our reservation, having accepted the "upgrade" in 6001.

Upon arrival on cabin 6001 on January 27, 2013, we immediately disliked the cabin:

full sun, full wind, full waves, limited view (less than we see on channel 49 on Princess TV...), noise, not private at all (with all those men working on the lower level from time to time), balcony door which opens partially on the balcony (instead of a sliding door as on other balconies). But personnally, I liked it for the transit of the Panama Canal...

We asked upon arrival and each day after at the purser desk to be changed: only categoric "NO"! - with no smile... (may be they have the order not to smile to anyone asking a favor...?!)

I then wrote a long explanation on a comment sheet: surprise! they finally accepted our demand.

We were changed to a BD cabin with a balcony port side on the 6th floor (the only one available, we were told...): a downgrade from what we paid for, but we accepted with great pleasure, and enjoyed every minute on our new balcony, with a sliding door, no sun, no exposure to rain, no wind. We used it each day, except one, during our 35 day-cruise. Le pur bonheur! la dolce vita!

We got cabin 6014: the only down was that it was quite noisy with reverberation from one of the loud speakers of Cabaret Lounge on the 5th floor from 10h am to 10h pm... but we did not complain: FOR US, it was much better than 6001... - no comparison!

I must tell, however, that some people do love cabins 6001, 6003, 7001, 7003 - telling us (when we were there...) how they felt they were the best cabins on the ship... We answered with a smile... So, that demonstrates how opinion can differ... I think these cabins may be for the "true sailors" at heart or Sun Lovers only...

For all those who ask the same question: NO! I would not ever sail in that cabin: 6001. ............ I must tell, however, that some people do love cabins 6001, 6003, 7001, 7003 .......

Please, substitute "do love cabins 6001, 6000, 7001, 7000 instead of: 6001, 6003, 7001,7003.

These 4 cabins (6001, 6000, 7001, 7000) are the ones completely in front of the ship, in the middle, between Penhouses 6003 & 6002.

Cabin 7003 is an interior cabin.

Sorry for the confusion!

This is why they make so many kinds of ice cream.

We love the front vista suites. Yes there is noise from the anchor being lowered and raised but that is part of sailing.

The views from the front when pulling into ports can not be beat.

As for wind over the balcony, we never found it to be too much, however we were in calm seas and beautiful weather for 20 days.

We are leaving for two cruises back to back next week- one in the back and one in the front.. Can't wait to experience both.:) :)

Wow, you mean you actualy enjoy being on a ship and sailing the ocean, what a novel idea... Maybe the idea will spread:rolleyes:

Archived