hiring a driver for the day

tyson

Iam9a

I am glad you posted about your experiences with Gerry. I have made so many comments on his behalf that its always nice to see some more points of view.

For those in the future looking to hire Gerry for a day to drive you around Cozumel, please take the one review with a grain of salt and remember what Ken said.... Its their first post.

Darlene

Why are you always giving a hard time to a one-time poster? Having the attitude of if “they” only have one post to take it with a grain of salt, is just disrespectful.

The fact is that a lot of people use this site just for information and not to get up front and personal with other posters. You can do a general search and get an answer to just about any question unless it is new news that has just broke. ……wait 10 minutes and there it will be. Her post is just that “her opinion”, and it in no way was meant to give anything but information. I have hired Gerry on a trip that is up and coming. The review from bflysmile did not make me want to cancel my trip, but just to be clear to Gerry that I did not want to buy any trinkets as I have been to Cozumel several times and just want to see the East side of the island. The truth is everyone has that first post. Maybe bflysmile saved the first post for something they thought was important. If you look to see how many times a post had been viewed, half of those are people doing research that have NEVER posted. At the time I am writing this there has been over 5,000 views of this post and only 125 replies. She obviously found Gerry and hired him based on what she read on this site. I don’t care what you have to say to me. My posts are few and far between as well. I have no ambition to write a review on my experience with Gerry, but thank those who have.

Its a one time poster, take it for what its worth.

Why are you always giving a hard time to a one-time poster? Having the attitude of if “they” only have one post to take it with a grain of salt, is just disrespectful.

The fact is that a lot of people use this site just for information and not to get up front and personal with other posters. You can do a general search and get an answer to just about any question unless it is new news that has just broke. ……wait 10 minutes and there it will be. Her post is just that “her opinion”, and it in no way was meant to give anything but information. I have hired Gerry on a trip that is up and coming. The review from bflysmile did not make me want to cancel my trip, but just to be clear to Gerry that I did not want to buy any trinkets as I have been to Cozumel several times and just want to see the East side of the island. The truth is everyone has that first post. Maybe bflysmile saved the first post for something they thought was important. If you look to see how many times a post had been viewed, half of those are people doing research that have NEVER posted. At the time I am writing this there has been over 5,000 views of this post and only 125 replies. She obviously found Gerry and hired him based on what she read on this site. I don’t care what you have to say to me. My posts are few and far between as well. I have no ambition to write a review on my experience with Gerry, but thank those who have.

Her review is very different than the others, beside, there are too many things that dont add up.

Its a one time poster, take it for what its worth.

But I guess it's ok for you to give Ken333 a hard time. For someone who doesn't post very often, I find it interesting that you would take the time and feel the need to post what you did. We are all entitled to our own opinions. I happen to agree with Ken. The more posting you do, the more credibility you have. Happy cruising to all!

But I guess it's ok for you to give Ken333 a hard time. For someone who doesn't post very often, I find it interesting that you would take the time and feel the need to post what you did. We are all entitled to our own opinions. I happen to agree with Ken. The more posting you do, the more credibility you have. Happy cruising to all!

I was not giving him a hard time, just making a point that posters with less than say 10 posts should just not bother posting anything negative because they have no credibility here. The whole point of this site is to gather information to make an educated decision on if a tour company or cruise line fits your style. Maybe the person that picked her up was not the Gerry that is talked about on these boards. Could have been an imposter? Obviously I hope the Gerry I hired is the one that is written about with such kindness, but if not I will keep it to myself. Ken333 I meant no disrespect, you are not the first nor the last to questions first time posters. It only dentures people to posting and in this society all are equal.

GayleR I only took the time to respond this time because it is done so much on these boards, not just this subject but all over the place. It seems if someone has something negative to say they are treated like the “sick” fish in the tank and are eaten alive.

So, lets get back to the positive.

I was not giving him a hard time, just making a point that posters with less than say 10 posts should just not bother posting anything negative because they have no credibility here. The whole point of this site is to gather information to make an educated decision on if a tour company or cruise line fits your style. Maybe the person that picked her up was not the Gerry that is talked about on these boards. Could have been an imposter? Obviously I hope the Gerry I hired is the one that is written about with such kindness, but if not I will keep it to myself. Ken333 I meant no disrespect, you are not the first nor the last to questions first time posters. It only dentures people to posting and in this society all are equal.

GayleR I only took the time to respond this time because it is done so much on these boards, not just this subject but all over the place. It seems if someone has something negative to say they are treated like the “sick” fish in the tank and are eaten alive.

So, lets get back to the positive.

Listen In no way was I attacking her post. Gerry has had very good reviews, but I will say he works for the taxi union or mob, the one and only. He normally drives a car but will rent a van if needed. (someone attached a pic to this thread of what type of van) Cozumel has pretty good laws to keep an average joe from loading people up in his van. Now here is why I said what i said, I dont know a van made today that will seat two PLUS size people in the front seat, along with a driver. Two the other poster after mine on the last page registered and posted her one and only post the same night. Tom the person that arranged this tour would not allow nor reccomend anyone to someone that treats people in this manner. I'm sure just like all the others you will have a good day.

Listen In no way was I attacking her post. Gerry has had very good reviews, but I will say he works for the taxi union or mob, the one and only. He normally drives a car but will rent a van if needed. (someone attached a pic to this thread of what type of van) Cozumel has pretty good laws to keep an average joe from loading people up in his van. Now here is why I said what i said, I dont know a van made today that will seat two PLUS size people in the front seat, along with a driver. Two the other poster after mine on the last page registered and posted her one and only post the same night. Tom the person that arranged this tour would not allow nor reccomend anyone to someone that treats people in this manner. I'm sure just like all the others you will have a good day.

I am so looking forward to it, and thank you to all that post their reviews.

My day in Cozumel with Gerry will be a wonderful one I am sure!!

I am so looking forward to it, and thank you to all that post their reviews.

My day in Cozumel with Gerry will be a wonderful one I am sure!!

I hope your cruise is soon and I am sure you will have a great day.

If there are any concerns on your behalf, just pop an email to Gerry/Mike and let them know what you are interested in seeing.

Darlene

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure you'll have a great day with Gerry. We thoroughly enjoyed our time with him in Cozumel even though the weather did not fully cooperate. Enjoy your cruise and be sure to get to the East side of the island as it is truly beautiful. Look forward to reading your review.

Enjoy your cruise and be sure to get to the East side of the island as it is truly beautiful. Look forward to reading your review.

I totally agree with you there. We could have spent an entire day at El Mirador and Chen Rio.

I hope all went well with your cruise. If you get a chance please post a review of your day in Cozumel.

Let’s just say that after 15 cruises this was by far the best. We departed on the Voyager of the Seas on Feb 24 2008. I will not go into the cruise itself but it went smooth from start to finish.

Cozumel

I told Gerry through “Mike” that we would like to start at 10:00 am but we were up and ready to go by 9:00 am. So we thought we would get off the ship and roam around the shops and then make our way to Gerry. As it was were out in the front of the building by 9:30 and there Gerry was with a sign with my name on it. He was early and so were we, off to a great start.

We had meet two ladies that were in my group (they sat with us at dinner) and we all got along very well. We had invited them to go with us, as they did not make any plans for Cozumel. So, after introducing myself and the others in my party to Gerry, he led us to a corner to wait for him to get the car. I was expecting a car but he had a SUV…gave us more room. My husband plays his guitar everywhere he goes so we were serenaded the whole day from the back of the SUV. Beer and music, need I say more?

The first stop was Gerry’s house to get the cooler, and then the store to get the ice and beer to fill it. We bought 12 Sol beers for $12.00 and ice for $1.50…he threw in a few limes, and off we went. Gerry told us about the different sites as we passed them (schools, colleges and city buildings) on our way to Punta Morena. If you have never been to the East side of the island you have missed out. It is just beautiful and from the first stop to the last, we all just kept commenting to each other how nice it was to be in paradise.

We were going to go to Coconuts for lunch, but they were not open yet so Gerry took us to another place (sorry don’t remember the name). The food was great and instead of dessert we had a “popper” on the house. Thanks Gerry. For those who don’t know what a popper is mix a shot of tequila with a little sprite, cover the top, pound the bottom of the glass table and drink fast.

After five stops at different beaches, and lunch we wanted to snorkel. Our last stop was a place just past Chancanaab. We stayed about an hour and could see it was going to rain. By the time we collected out things, the rain hit. Once again perfect timing as we were at the end of our 6 hours and ready to go to the ship.

I do highly recommend Gerry. He was not feeling very well but showed us a great day in Cozumel anyway. I did mention to him at the start of the day we did not want to shop, he said no problem and we never stop anywhere other than where “we” wanted to stop. About the time we were pulling into the parking lot a the dock, I did ask Gerry if he was aware of the not so favorable report on him posted on Cruise Critic. He said he was aware of it, but had not read it. PB Tom had told him about it, but Gerry told me that it never happened. I will not judge either way but only say if you want a personalized day in paradise, Gerry’s your man.

I do highly recommend Gerry. He was not feeling very well but showed us a great day in Cozumel anyway. I did mention to him at the start of the day we did not want to shop, he said no problem and we never stop anywhere other than where “we” wanted to stop. About the time we were pulling into the parking lot a the dock, I did ask Gerry if he was aware of the not so favorable report on him posted on Cruise Critic. He said he was aware of it, but had not read it. PB Tom had told him about it, but Gerry told me that it never happened. I will not judge either way but only say if you want a personalized day in paradise, Gerry’s your man.

I am so glad you are home and had a great cruise. I want to thank you so much for taking the time to write about your day in paradise. I think you can now understand why a few of us commented after the earlier review that was posted.

Darlene

Yes thank you for taking the time to let all know about your day.

Glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your day in Cozumel. We had a wonderful time with Gerry which is why we found the earlier poster's experience so surprising.

My Dh and I will be in Cozumel in Sept and would like to hire Gerry for the afternoon. The problem is that we have been to Cozumel before and have done the beach thing and the ruins. We would like to experience the island itself and see the highlights of it. Can anyone suggest what we should do, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

My best suggestion would be to start at Punta Sur and work your way up to Mezicalitos. There are plenty of places to stop along the way for food and breath taking views. If you tell Gerry what you are looking to do, he will give you suggestions to see the real Cozumel.

Darlene

I'm sure its here somewhere, but overlooking I guess.....

What is Gerry's fees? Is it based on pp and hour?

I know I have to contact and reserve but do I just wait until we are there to tell him where I want to go?

Thanks a bunch.....

Marsha