PRICE $ 220.ºº USD PRICE $ 290.ºº USD

Deposit $ 66.ºº USD Deposit $ 87.ºº USD

Balance $ 154.ºº USD Balance $ 203.ºº USD

4 HOURS SERVICE 5 TO 8 PAX 6 HOURS SERVICE 5 TO 8 PAX

PRICE $ 290.ºº USD PRICE $ 360.ºº USD

Deposit due $ 87.ºº USD Deposit due $ 108.ºº

USD

Balance $ 203.ºº USD Balance $ 252.ºº USD

Yikes -- Those prices are a whole lot more than what I ever paid with Gerry and I got a great tour with personal service. Were those prices from Cozumel Insider?

I inquired by email, too, and got the same prices. Too high for us! I wish Gerry could take my group of 12 around the island. :( Anyone know a good tour company for a larger group that is cheaper?

What if you contact Gerry/Mike and see if they can tandem with another driver for the 12 of you to tour together. It would still be cheaper than the rates posted above.

Yikes -- Those prices are a whole lot more than what I ever paid with Gerry and I got a great tour with personal service. Were those prices from Cozumel Insider?

Yea I agree. I was just inquiring with them. I am not booking that tour. I will walk first.:). I just saw the banner for tours and clicked on it and inquired. Kind of wish I had not.

We tried to contact Gerardo but have not gotten a reply. He's probably booked for our day since it's Cinco de Mayo. Are there any other suggestions. We would like to tour the island a bit and spend some time at Coconuts. Thanks for the help.

Other than popping out another email and keeping your fingers crossed he is free, I would suggest you take your chances when you arrive in Cozumel. I am sure it will be one very busy island but someone will be free at the terminal.

Good luck.

Darlene

Another person wrote back from the Gerry e-mail address. I guess the rate is $80 for 3 hours now. I thought it was just $20 an hour. I don't know if I should book this or just get a jeep.

Its $80 for the first three hours and then $20 for each additional hour. I think you need to decide how you want to spend your day in Cozumel. If you want to drive around on your own in a jeep looking at the sights, then venture out with a rental. I would just suggest you buy a good map and be careful driving around town. If you want to be driven around so you can enjoy a couple of drinks along the way, have a guide which will teach you a few things about the island and give you tips on how to shop and what to see, then hire Gerry for the day.

Darlene

Another person wrote back from the Gerry e-mail address. I guess the rate is $80 for 3 hours now. I thought it was just $20 an hour. I don't know if I should book this or just get a jeep.

It has been $80 for the first three, and $20 each additional. Pretty sure a jeep whith full coverage insurance is close to the $80, also Gerrry is more than just a driver he is a guide. :)

I received a reply this morning from Mike that both Gerry and Lazaro are reserved for May 7th.:( He suggested asking the taxi supervisor at the head of the taxi line if he could find us an English speaking driver. Not sure what the price would be for this.

At the pier in Cozumel when you get off the ship you will find tours run by a Cozumel tour company. Usually I would be cautious of this but we gave it a try. It was inexpensive and they took us in an air conditioned large van and drive us around every part of the island. We stopped at a beach for photos, and he took us to a working Mayan village where we could do some shopping and see some ruins and had photo opportunities. They showed us the "rich" sections and the poor sections of the island as well as the airport. The tour lasted about 3 hours tops and gave us a great chance to see things we couldnt walk to on our own.

Do you remember what price you paid for this and how many passengers could be seated in the van? Any beach or bar stops?

Thanks!

Okay, after reading every post praising Gerry I'm convinced he is what my friend and I are looking for, for our day in Cozumel.

Question, though, how early can you book with him? Our cruise is not until January 2009 and when I tried to book a Mexican cooking class excursion I was told it was too far in advance. Is it too early to book Gerry's time as well? It seems he is pretty popular and his schedule seems to fill quickly...

Any thoughts?

Also, can you just let him know where you want to go when you get there or does he prefer to know in advance the stops you'd like to make?

Thanks in advance,

Shara

Shara, contact him now and get yourself booked. Its never too soon and he seems to be getting real popular.

As for where you want to go, wing it when you get to Cozumel or plan ahead. I scoped out a map and had an idea of where I wanted to go and we built a tour from there.

Darlene

We re-emailed Gerry and got a response from Mike. Who responds for Gerry on e-mails. We got lucky and Gerry was available for May 5th.

So we're booked and ready to go. Thanks everyone.

I hope you have a wonderful day with Gerry and please report back when you get home.

Darlene

Can you please let us know if it works out. Others may like that option too for larger parties.

Unfortunately, I was making my plans at the last minute, so when I didn't hear back Gerry (via Mike) right away, I had to make other arrangements. We wound up renting two minivans from Avis and driving ourselves. I would have preferred the $35 bugs from Isis, but we only had two who were willing to drive in our group of 12, so the minivans won out. A bit pricey-- $120 each, including the tax and insurance-- but divided amongst us, it was $20/each plus gas. The only glitch... I reserved from the cruise port location, not realizing there are two cruise piers, and of course, it was at the other pier, so the drivers had to taxi over and it took a lot of time just getting the vans.

Other than that, it was a great way to see the island. I only wish we had had more time. I originally wanted to go around the entire island, but with time constraints, we only had time to do the San Gervasio ruins (awesome!! we paid for a tour guide, Ivan, who was fantastic! :)), a stop at Paradise Beach, and then a bit of shopping.

I did receive an email, too late for my last minute needs, from Mike on behalf of Gerry, saying Gerry was already booked and could only take 8, but he said he would pass my email on to a tour company they recommend. I have the name at home (at work now), but I'll try to remember to post it later tonight.

Okay, so after getting some nudges to go ahead & book even though it's 9 months away I went ahead and contacted Gerry/Mike. I hope the actual day of service goes as smoothly as the arrangements because these fellows are so prompt & thorough.

I tell you, for two ladies to have secure transportation with a reputable driver is well worth the price. I like the peace of mind that the Cozumel leg of our trip is planned.

I am so glad I went ahead & booked, even though it's so far out.

Mike said he would e-mail me again in October to touch base. He did mention that due to rising costs of fuel the current price of $80.00/3 hours + $20.00/each add'l hour may go up a bit. I'm not worried though. I'm sure it will remain reasonable.

Thanks so much for the contributions to this thread.

Shara

Gerry will stay close and keep an eye out for your safety. My son got to close to the water at El Mirador and Gerry pulled him away before he got into trouble. Granted my son was 13 and knew better but Gerry had his back.

I can certainly understand the price going up a bit to help cover the fuel charges. I cant believe how much gas is in my area now and its only going to get worse.

Darlene

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in on Gerry. We booked Gerry last Thursday and it was definitely well worth it. Gerry first took us to a local grocery store where we got great prices on vanilla, beer, and sodas for the day. Definitely saved some money by doing that. Then he took us through the town pointing out some of the things we wouldn't have seen on our own. My wife always looks for shells on the beach for our daughters, and Gerry helped look and found some great shells for us to take back. He was such a nice guy and made our trip better than expected. He speaks great English, and we would highly recommend him to everyone. He is truly a servant and will do anything to make your trip exactly what you want it to be.

My husband and I just returned from Cozumel. We had scheduled a driver for the day and we were so happy that we did. It was a very hot day there and our driver (Gerry) was waiting at the taxi line (sign with our name) for us. He had an air conditioned station wagon with an ice chest in the back that we used. We had brought a bag of ice from the ship but he also stopped very early on at a store where we could buy more ice and drinks. Gerry speaks very good English and drove us all around the island. We stopped at a beautiful beach with a restaraunt where we ate. We asked him to join us and we treated him to lunch. While we were eating he gave us more info on Cozumel. It was a very enjoyable day. He also helped me find sea shells at another stop. He will take you where ever you want to go. He told us what he planned for us, showed us the map and we agreed. We saw lovely beaches but did not spend alot of time on them as I do not get along with the sun and heat very well. I would schedule with Gerry again as he was wonderful. He charges $80 for 3 hours (min. is 3 hrs) and $20 per each hour after that. We paid him at the end of the day and gave him a nice tip. You can book his time by sending an email to Cozumeltaxi@hotmail.com You will be working with Mike to set up your time. Enjoy.

Another high recommendation for Gerry. We toured with him 4/22/08 and had a wonderful time. I was not interested in doing the ruins or the tequila factory so he took us all over the island giving us history and seeing places we would not have seen otherwise. The island is small enough to rent a jeep and do on your own but you miss out on history. Gerri has good english and is very friendly. We had a great day w/ him and felt it was worth the price plus we tipped well on top of that. We would definitely do this again. Mike responds to all of Gerri's emails and can give great recommendations on how to spend the day also. He also checks back in closer to the sail date.