Royal Suite on the Mercury

CeeJay11

We have booked a Royal Suite on the Mercury, Aug. 24, Alaska cruise - and we are wondering if anyone has been in these suites and if they are nice?? They look nice in the pictures on the Celebrity website. Also - anyone from C.C. joining us?? We hope. :)

We had RS 1038 about two years ago on a Seattle to Ensenada cruise. We loved it!! I actually like the bathroom in the Mercury's RS better than the one on the Millennium. You are in for a real treat. Have a great cruise!

We traveled in the RS on Mercury Alaska cruise a couple years ago. It is a wonderful suite. It may not have all the bells and whistles of the M-Class ships but has a beautiful elegance to it.

The living room is wonderful with an all glass wall for sightseeing. You get much better views from Mercury than you do on the M-Class Royal Suites. This is especially nice for an Alaska Cruise.

Have a great time.

Jim

CeeJay - I uploaded some pictures to give you a better idea of what to expect.

http://family.webshots.com/album/558890154dnomvS

The only funny thing of the suite is it is underneath the deck and you have an overhang over the balcony. Gives great privacy but blocks the ability to get sun and at times you have to scoot low to take pictures so you don't get it in the picture.

Jim

Can you compare the size of the veranda compared to a SS on the resort deck? We have one booked for the Galaxy but we were thinking of bumping up to the Royal. Hate to give up that balcony though. Is there a full size table on the veranda of the Royal suite for dining?

We had a Royal Suite on the Galaxy last December for the transatlantic. The suite itself is great, I thought it was much nicer than the pics on the celebrity website. One of the nicest things is the huge window in the bedroom, really nice to look out when you wake up in the morning. The large table in the lounge is good for breakfast. If you close the bedroom doors the butler can bring breakfast and set it up on the table before you get out of bed.

The Royal Suites on the M-Class ships have a large table and 4 chairs for dining as well as 2 lounge chairs and a hot tub.

The Royal Suite on Mercury is rather narrow and long. There are two Chairs and a couple tables but it would be difficult to dine on the deck.

Click on the following two pictures and you will get a better understanding - like they say - a picture is worth a 1,000 words.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1334572487051395705SCvgKT?vhost=travel

334572487SCvgKT_th.jpg

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1334574301051395705YCcRlF?vhost=travel

334574301YCcRlF_th.jpg

Ceejii, we have had two Royal Suites on Mercury, and based on our experience, you made a wise choice in your selection by staying away from RS1054.

That was our very first RS on Celebrity, and unfortunately it is located one deck below the pizza, hotdog and hamburger stand on deck 11. We had a lot of noise during the night while the area was being cleaned and reprovisioned.

Your location is excellent, however, it is our experience that you will have some day time noise from above, from people running or stamping their feet, and the movement of lounges and other pool furniture.

Your Royal Suite has a separate bedroom, with a large bathroom, jacuzzi tub, separate toilet area and separate shower. The living and dining room is very adequate for two people to stretch out. As Jim above stated, the veranda is long being the entire width of the RS, with two doors, but it is not very wide. Until we went on Infinity last Fall in a RS, we loved our Mercury RS, now we think that the RS's on the M class vessels is superior in most respects to the C class vessels.

No matter, you will certain enjoy the luxury and the size, and hopefully get one of our favorite butlers [we now have six :D].

Jim,

We had RS 1045 in Oct. '05. It's a very nice RS. What I particularly liked about it was that its balcony was not right next to the balcony for the PS or RS 1041.

The Royal Suites on the M-Class ships have a large table and 4 chairs for dining as well as 2 lounge chairs and a hot tub.

I just wanted to caution not to be misled by the term 'hot tub'. On M-class royals there is a tub out there, but it is more along the lines of a 'whirlpool bathtub' than a 'hot tub' (at least by my definition). It is not very big, barely big enough for 1 (I'm 6'+ though). I dont consider it a hot tub.

I just wanted to caution not to be misled by the term 'hot tub'. On M-class royals there is a tub out there, but it is more along the lines of a 'whirlpool bathtub' than a 'hot tub' (at least by my definition). It is not very big, barely big enough for 1 (I'm 6'+ though). I dont consider it a hot tub.

I agree. It was like a simple whirlpool tub, which is what the Celebrity web site calls it.. My wife and I were able to squeeze into the tub. (Thank you Weight Watchers. :D)

Dave - Could you expand upon not directly next to the PH and RS1041 - Is there some type of crew hallway between them? The deckplan does not show that.

Yikes... DaveFR - how in the world did you get two in the "hot tub". I agree I should have called it a Jacuzzi Bathtub.

I am not a bath person but have used the one in the Bathroom. In February on Constellation the one on the deck only had fluke warm water.

Dave - Could you expand upon not directly next to the PH and RS1041 - Is there some type of crew hallway between them? The deckplan does not show that.

What Dave means is that your balcony doesn't butt up directly to either balcony of PS1047 or RS1041. Take a look at the deck plan and you'll see what I mean: http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/deck.do?shipCode=MR&deckCode=PH

I just booked RS1045 last week for an Alaska cruise in August 2008...and there were only three RS's that were still available at the time!

Archived