Need help-cruise in 48 hours

sally r

Oosterdam, 5/2 coastal. First time on Holland America. Just received my documents and I have questions!

Documents say : 3 Casual nights. Can I trust this to be correct and not pack the tux and gown?

Documents say : Cabin # SZ 0. When I did the online registration it said cabin SY6055. I booked guarantee. Should I put SY6055 on my lugggage tags?

Also inclulded with my documents is a letter titled: Important Dining Notice. Letter states that if you have early seating you may show up between 5:30 and 6:00. Late seating guest between 8:00 and 9:00. All guests will still have an assigned table. We have the late seating and I am really happy with this plan. However, I don't want us to be the jerks that show up at 8:45 and have a table full of people waiting for us.

Anything else critical I should know?

Thaks!

Documents say : 3 Casual nights. Can I trust this to be correct and not pack the tux and gown?

YES! Trust whatever HAL says will be the nights attire.:)

Documents say : Cabin # SZ 0. When I did the online registration it said cabin SY6055. I booked guarantee. Should I put SY6055 on my lugggage tags?

Did you just recently get your assignment? Sounds like it was assigned after the docs were prepared. Go to on-line checkin and verify your cabin number if you have doubts.

Anything else critical I should know? YES!!! ENJOY THE CRUISE!!!:D

Thaks!

....:D

Your cabin number (with a guarantee) can change up until you arrive at the dock. I would complete the luggage tags but leave blank the cabin number. When you arrive at the dock, the stevedores will have manifests. Verify with them what your cabin number is, fill it in on your tags and then give the stevedore your luggage.

If HAL says in the docs you have three casual nights, that is what you should plan on.

Have a GREAT time.

Please come back and post some comments about it. We have never had the chance to do a Coastal cruise and I'd like to hear about it.

I did this cruise two years ago - you'll have a great time; it's a fantastic little voyage.

Yes, it's all casual. Leave the tux at home! And yes, that is your cabin number.

Anything else you should know? Regardless of what your docs say, embarkation at Canada Place usually starts around 11-11:30 am - just in case you want to be onboard for lunch. If you're at all curious about the hydro pool, head on up to the spa and purchase a pass after you've boarded - it was a hot item & I was sorry I missed out on it (had to take another HAL cruise to experience it!)

The dining was different when I did my cruise - however, I'm sure it'll be fine. Have fun!

Thank you all so much. My husband was upstairs trying to find his cumberbund..where do they go? Anyway, he breathed a sigh of relief that the tux can stay home!

I will leave the tags blank and check with the porters. Will sign us up for the hydro pool. It is supposed to be cool weather so that will be nice.

We plan to be at the pier about 11:30. This is such a short get-away that we need all the time on board we can get.

I take it that this "Leisure Dining Service" is a new concept for HAL?

Sally,

During your first dinner, I would suggest that you and your tablemates agree to an arrival time for the next two nights. This would make it easier on your wait staff and allow your table to dine together.

No need for a suit or tux for the Mr. Dress like you are going to dinner at Anthony's and you guys will be fine.

Terry

Archived