Journey 2nd June

cruzadict

My husband and myself are on the 2nd June sailing to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary. Are we likely to experience many children on this crossing or are they still at school? Our schools in the UK do not finish for the summer holidays until mid July but realise that American schools have different holidays. Please don't get me wrong, I have children of my own but booked this cruise as Celebrity told us that they actually discourage children on this ship!!

Marilyn

They do not have a kids program on the ship and there are very few cabins that hold more than 2. It doensn't make it easy to bring children. Don't worry. Plus a good number of schools across the country are still in session.

We are a group of 14 adults that will be on your cruise. We normally cruise late May or early June and have not seen many school age kids on cruises at that time. I think most american schools finish up the year in mid June, depending on how many snow days are involved.

Most of the people you are cruising with will be from the NY, NJ and Conn. area and their schools for the most part get out later in June. This year going to Bermuda is going to be up in the air as to numbers of children. Although there will not be any childrens programs on the ships and a limited availability of three and four in a cabin, many people booked these cruises thinking they were going on the Zenith only to have it changed by Celebrity. Bermuda in the summer was very popular with families so as I said this year is up in the air as to what will occur but you should be okay on June 2.

Happy 40th by the way.

Some in our group charter a cab to get a tour of the island. Sometimes they get a really good driver who gives them a whirlwind tour and other cabbies not so great. I on the other hand buy a 2-3 day transportation pass, which is good for all buses and ferries. I just get on and off where I please. This will be my 5th cruise back to Bermuda and are comfortable enough with their transportation system to take advantage of it. And besides, the Bermudians are very nice and are very approachable with questions you may have.

In St George, we like the Carriage House resturant for lunch, if you care to try the local food? If you like wallking, take a walk up to the Unfinished Church or to Fort St. Catherine and the beach next to it.

30 days to go!

Hope this helps

Paul

Thanks Paul for the info. We had already decided to buy the 2/3 day pass as we prefer to "do our own thing", as we say in the UK. Do we purchase these passes on the ship or is there a local kiosk where they are sold? Sorry to ask such stupid questions but at least it will save us precious minutes while we are away!!

Marilyn

Archived