New to Princess, want to book Hawaii

NoVa Mimi

I am new to Princess and would like to know if anyone is aware of any possible sailings to Hawaii for 6/08 or 7/08. I understand, from doing a search here, that many of the ships will now be in Alaska for the summer during that time frame, but I'm in hopes that there will still be something to Hawaii during the summer of 08. I would be very grateful for any info someone may have. Thank you in advance!

I am new to Princess and would like to know if anyone is aware of any possible sailings to Hawaii for 6/08 or 7/08. I understand, from doing a search here, that many of the ships will now be in Alaska for the summer during that time frame, but I'm in hopes that there will still be something to Hawaii during the summer of 08. I would be very grateful for any info someone may have. Thank you in advance!

There are several sailings for 06/07 and 07/07. No such luck for 2008 if you want to sail with Princess. At least that is what their WEB site is showing.

Foreigner, thanks for the heads up. I see that they have released April of 08, but not any further. I just thought maybe someone had heard of something. I think the Diamond is doing a Hawaii route to April, but I think it is also going to Alaska for next summer. Oh well, I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep checking Princess.com. Thanks! :)

I'm waiting for the same timeframe. Keep waiting! I've heard they may release some in May! If you go solely by their site, they are only cruising to Europe and the Caribbean in Summer 2008 - not very likely! I think they just haven't released most of the Summer 2008 cruises yet.

Keep watching! :)

Ceecat, thank you-I am keeping my fingers crossed for us both! It looks as though we are both looking for the same length cruise and destination. I hope they do end up having at least a few Hawaii sailings. Good luck to us both :)

I hope Princess are doing the Hawii-Tahitian cruise again at the end of July 08. It's my Silver Wedding and my wife and I have a desire to visit these islands. I have emailed Princess UK but they said they could not help because the Itineraries have not been release (Aug-Sep). I have emailed Princess.com, no reply up to yet.

I don't see why they can't release itineraries now, they must have been planned. I need to know ASAp because holidays have to be booked in at work etc.

We've done the Caribbean twice now with Princess and both cruises were fantastic.

I would also love to sail roundtrip out of LA to Hawaii sometime in early August of '08 and even beyond. I could start saving now for a cruise in '09 if I knew it would be happening. My family would love to sail to Hawaii. But, I prefer a larger ship from either the Sun or Grand class. I don't feel the Island or their other smaller ships would work for us for 14 or 15 days.

A friend of ours just got back from doing that same cruise on the Celebrity Summit. But, unfortunately, their sailing times aren't good for us. My husband teaches and my daughter is in school.

I hope Princess will consider summer sailings through August roundtrip to Hawaii. Even out of SF vs LA would be better! If RCI was doing it, I would also consider them. Or Carnival. ANYONE who is affordable and with a decent sized ship. :)

Hopefully Princess will get a great response with these initial summer sailings to Hawaii. For families, most fall and winter cruises won't work because that means missing school. For people on the west coast, there's limited types of cruises that will involve a foreign port, so a round trip to Hawaii is a great option. How many of us have overdosed on going to Mexico (okay, you can put your hands down)? Alaska is a great destination, but easier for those who live up in the Northwest.

I just realized there is no schedule set for the Dawn after May 2008 yet. I know she's scheduled for a coastal which would lead one to think Alaska but maybe they're thinking of doing something else with her?????

I'm waiting for the same timeframe. Keep waiting! I've heard they may release some in May! If you go solely by their site, they are only cruising to Europe and the Caribbean in Summer 2008 - not very likely! I think they just haven't released most of the Summer 2008 cruises yet.

Keep watching! :)

They've already announced that the only ship sailing to the Caribbean in 08' is going to be the Caribbean Princess sailing from NY.

Bill

Plz!!!!!!!!!!!! Princess do the RT Hawaii out of L.A for 08' again ................Pretty please!!!

I was even thinking of canceling my Eastern Crib to do the Hawaii RT this summer instead so Sad :(

C mon Princess Take my money Please

I hope Princess are doing the Hawii-Tahitian cruise again at the end of July 08. It's my Silver Wedding and my wife and I have a desire to visit these islands. I have emailed Princess UK but they said they could not help because the Itineraries have not been release (Aug-Sep). I have emailed Princess.com, no reply up to yet.

I don't see why they can't release itineraries now, they must have been planned. I need to know ASAp because holidays have to be booked in at work etc.

We've done the Caribbean twice now with Princess and both cruises were fantastic.

Sorry Nighto. This was part of what was released by Princess on April 25th.

Princess Cruises has announced its full 2008 cruise program in French Polynesia which features a spring season from January through May, and a fall schedule from October through December. Cruises will continue aboard the intimate Tahitian Princess on the popular 10-day itinerary sailing roundtrip from Papeete, and visiting Huahine, Rangiroa, Raiatea, Bora Bora and Moorea.

Bill

Sorry Nighto. This was part of what was released by Princess on April 25th.

Princess Cruises has announced its full 2008 cruise program in French Polynesia which features a spring season from January through May, and a fall schedule from October through December. Cruises will continue aboard the intimate Tahitian Princess on the popular 10-day itinerary sailing roundtrip from Papeete, and visiting Huahine, Rangiroa, Raiatea, Bora Bora and Moorea.

Bill

These dates still don't cover June, July, August or September and those of us with crossed fingers are looking at J, J, or A for Hawaii so keep those fingers crossed! :)

These dates still don't cover June, July, August or September and those of us with crossed fingers are looking at J, J, or A for Hawaii so keep those fingers crossed! :)

Princess has also announced that the Tahitian Princess will be doing 14 day Alaska trips in 2008.

Princess will offer a new Connoisseur itinerary aboard the intimate 670-passenger Tahitian Princess. This 14-day voyage includes new port calls at Kodiak, Seward, and Valdez in addition to visits to Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Sitka and Victoria, B.C., with daylight cruising of Glacier Bay. Tahitian Princess will sail on eight voyages departing on Thursdays from Vancouver. With eight ports of call and a full day of cruising Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve, this itinerary is perfect for the traveler who wants the most Alaskan cruise available.

Bill

I think there might be a bit of confusion...many of us realize that the TP will be in Alaska next summer, not in French Polynesia. However, there are a number of us that are interested in the Hawaii route and those are the sailings that we are waiting to hear about.

Like I said. As far as I can tell the only ship that they've not announced a summer schedule for is the Dawn. I know they show her doing a coastal in May and then nothing after that. Maybe they will bring her back to Los Angeles from Vancouver and have her do this route. That would be great as I love this ship!

so its still up in the Air that Princess may do something in a RT out of L.A in 08'????...well lets all cross our fingers or ill have to go to Santa Clarita and kick down some doors...:mad:

so its still up in the Air that Princess may do something in a RT out of L.A in 08'????...well lets all cross our fingers or ill have to go to Santa Clarita and kick down some doors...:mad:

Or have Mommykim do it. She's nearby. I'm not too far away either, but rarely go up the 5 North.

Or have Mommykim do it. She's nearby. I'm not too far away either' date=' but rarely go up the 5 North.[/quote']

I am actually having lunch with a friend who works for Princess and I've asked her to try and find out what the Dawn is doing. Not sure if she'll be able to but it's under control.

Cruisin' Chick, I agree with everything you said! I never thought I would hear myself say I am finally tired of doing Mexico, but I am! And, I really prefer a warmer weather cruise. Alaska was nice, but not something I really care if I do again. And, like you said, it's a bit far to get to Seattle or Vancouver to embark. (for round trip sailings.)

So, we need to petition Princess to have a large ship sailing RT to Hawaii ALL summer! That means all of June, July and August. :p I know there would be families out there to fill them. Mine will!

Hopefully Princess will get a great response with these initial summer sailings to Hawaii. For families' date=' most fall and winter cruises won't work because that means missing school. For people on the west coast, there's limited types of cruises that will involve a foreign port, so a round trip to Hawaii is a great option. How many of us have overdosed on going to Mexico (okay, you can put your hands down)? Alaska is a great destination, but easier for those who live up in the Northwest.[/quote']

I can handle sailing on the Dawn for 15 days to Hawaii...but nothing smaller, please! Ideally, I would like even larger since we'll be at sea for a total of 8 days. BUT, the Dawn would suffice nicely. :D

I am actually having lunch with a friend who works for Princess and I've asked her to try and find out what the Dawn is doing. Not sure if she'll be able to but it's under control.

I rang Princess Cruises last night (well it was night here in the UK). I asked whether there was any Hawii-Tahiti crusies scheduled for the end of July beginning of August 2008.

The lady was very helpful and rang around the different departments. However, all she could come up withwas that the itineraries are usually published around 12-13 months in advance. So I guess we will have to wait until the Summer.

She did say, however, that she seems to think that there will be cruises in the Pacific similar to the ones this year. Obviously the Tahitian Princess won't be on duty there but I'm hoping they will repalce her with anoth ship.

I hope this info helps to quelll your anguish a little and give you some hope. If the cruises do go ahead I'll hopefully be on one nearest to the end of July and the beginning of August.

Well, if anyone hears anything, please post! I'm checking the Princess site 2-3 times daily, myself!

Oh, and I'm about 2 hours south of Santa Clarita, so if you plan to go there, I can join in! :D

I wasn't impressed with Mexico - have only done the 4 day, though and should have stayed on the ship in Ensenada. We did Alaska last summer, but you are right about getting to Seattle. Hubby doesn't fly, so we had to take an extra week to travel there and back.

My other option is that Disney Magic will be here in 2008. Quite expensive but she's doing a 7 day down to the southern Mexico ports so I guess I could try it if I can get a good price. I used to work for Disneyland and I'm sure the kids would love the ship - but I'd rather do Hawaii!

There is still a glimmer of hope. I can't find any info on the Dawn Princess for 2008. All the other ships have been spoken for and none are for Hawaii.

This is what I found out about the Princess fleet for summer 2008.

Caribbean Princess - Caribbean from NY 9 day

Pacific Princess - Europe

Crown Princess - Europe

Royal Princess - Europe

Emerald Princess - Europe

Sea Princess - Europe

Grand Princess - Europe

Coral Princess - Alaska 7 day one way

Sapphire Princess - Alaska 7 day one way

Diamond Princess - Alaska 7 day one way

Island Princess - Alaska 7 day one way

Tahitian Princess - Alaska - 14 day