New Bedding on Constellation

katiebeth

Can anyone actually confirm that the Constellation is getting the new bedding during its current drydock?

I have heard that it is suppose to happen during the current dry-dock but really have not seen anything "official".

We are sailing the Constellation in late June and it is our favorite Celebrity ship. If it has the new bedding by then, it will make a great ship even better!!

Finally, does anyone know what the "new bedding" includes? Is it just new mattresses, or does it include new duvets/comforters, bed linens, etc.?

Thank you,

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

we were on the connie in december and they had pillow menus etc. we're on the connie again in june (2-16) doing the baltic, i'm always worried that their willbe a problem in dry dock and suddenly we're pooched on our crusie. if i remember to write again during the cruise i'll let you konw but i was udner the impression the bedding had already gotten better. certainly leagues ahead of RCL

Dear Banchote,

Thanks for posting. I hope you have a wonderful time on your Baltics cruise. We are on the one departing from Dover on June 30th and ending in Copenhagen.

As far as your concerns about dry dock, I think the Connie is being "dry-docked" right now. You have a several week cushion so you should be fine.

Have a great time and I hope you post when you return.

Happy Sailings,

Nancy

I, too, am interested to know if and when Connie gets new bedding. Sailing on the TA Sept 15th out of Dover and sure would like to be comfortable!

I confess, since so many of the hotels have gone to heavy pillowtop mattresses and down duvets and pillows, I pick where I'll stay based on their bedding. Cruising may be the next to get picked because of comfort! You can't beat the Hal beds!! I sleep with a featherbed and down, down, down at home so really feel those hard beds when I cruise.

Aren't we all thankful that the doctors have now said hard as wooden boards beds are not the best for our backs????:)

I was on the Constellation last month and the beds were fine. They were the newer foam matresses and very comfortable. No need to replace them IMO. Hal's pillow tops were great when new, but have aged badly and quickly. For the best beds at sea, try Oceania!

Caliber 35,

Maybe the beds have already been replaced?? It's possible, but it seems like Celebrity would schedule it during a dry-dock, I am not sure. I know that the beds on the Millennium have already been "upgraded".

If I recall, when Celebrity announced last year that they were upgrading their bedding fleet-wide it was to be completed by the end of 2007.

I must agree with Tuggers!! I am definitely spoiled with the wonderful beds that so many hotels are now offering.

The beds have always been comfortable on Celebrity (with the exception of the pull-out sofa bed in our Royal Suite on the Millennium last summer, it was truly the worst mattress I have ever seen and the frame/bars could be felt thru the mattress).

We are looking forward to a terrific and exciting cruise, regardless of whether

or not we will have the new bedding. Constellation is our favorite of the Celebrity fleet!

Happy Sailings,

Nancy

Nancy

Nancy, I thought the Millennium beds post replacement when I was on last year were great, but still not as comfy as Constellation, which I was told by my room steward were a couple of years old. Thinking about it, it may have had something to do with asking him for an extra duvet cover at the start. I didn't even try it without, just said could he put one on anyway.

Phil

Banchote,

Seems like we're on the same cruise...Connie June 2-16th Baltic. I was also concerned that something would turn up to extend the dry dock like you mentioned but there is another cruise prior to ours so I'm going to think positive that all will be well for ours. I think the one prior to ours is a two week cruise, not sure so that's a good buffer just in case.

Can't believe it's right around the corner. See ya on board!!!!:)

Does anyone know if you're Concierge Class when you get the list for the pillow selection? Is it the day of boarding and can you request different kinds?

hey SF, when you go into your room there is a menu so to speak of different pillows. my wife called every day and changed pillows until she found one she really like. you'll like cc, we actually had to fight to get into the cc cabin on this cruise (we booked on our last cruise in dec) they put us in a run of the house cc but finally we got it switched for a guaranteed cc room either 8 or 9 th deck.

with the refit i can only hope for two major changes. MORE wireless access points on the ship, or at least faster internet as the connie had the slowest internet at sea and way slower than the navigator the next week (dec - jan) i also hope they put a concierge lounge on the ships like they have on the larger roy carib ships. we usually live in there. it's nice to get a drink prior to dinner (or two)

with the refit i can only hope for two major changes.

Care - this is not a refit. It is a drydock to attend to mechanical matters and the like that can't be done whilst the ship is in operation. I did read that they were going to cover in the open space between the decks of the Rendezvous Square and Martini Bar, but a refit isn't necessary as Constellation is only just coming up to 5 years old.

Phil

We were on the Connie on the 4/2 sailing. We were in a cc cabin and did not have a pillowtop. Our bed seemed quite hard, but we never had any trouble getting to sleep. I thought our duvet looked a little worn. The pillow menu was waiting for us on our nightstand the first day. Our cabin steward told us that the entire ship was getting new bedding during drydock.

i was on connie in dec. we had to ask for the pillow top. we had a firm mattress brought in for the wife and a softer one for me ! and then our choice of pillows.

at that time a lot of the shop staff and others were talking about the refit. so 5 years or not there are a few changes being made. of course i have no clue what, i do know the art gallery was supposed to get air conditioning as it was a sauna in there. we picked a cc cabin as close to mid ship as we could so i can have wireless access from my room. it's too much work to sit out in the hallway all the time!

We were on the Constellation from 25th-30th April and she then went to Brest, France for her refit. I think its maintenance on the engines that were being done. We had the most comfortable mattress we have ever had on any ship...and had the choice of four pillows. We were in Concierge Class on Sky Deck, cabin 9144 and was absolutely fantastic. Would go on her again. I think you will all enjoy this ship. Our cabin steward said the ship was going to have a good spring clean to make everything all shiny!

Enjoy!

Heather:)

OK Banchote and SF...your making me nervous! I just booked last Monday for the May 19th sailing...At the time I booked I had no idea about the drydocking of Connie. I have been in a tizzy all week trying to arrange air (which was outrageous!!) hotel, transportation to and from and try to book excursions. I spent three days on St Petersburg, because I did not want to have to sit on the ship without a Visa. I will Croak if this cruise gets cancelled due to problems. Keep your fingers crossed for me!:)

Set2travel:

Don't get nervous......everything will work out just fine. The cruise line knows how long all the dry dock maintenance takes and schedules enough time. Your cruise will sail on May 19th so enjoy all your planning. We leave right after you so don't forget to post a review or even better a "live post" to let us know how things are.:)

Thanks for the reassurance! I will send you a post from onboard.

I hope the bedding is updated and wonderful...last year we travelled the Radiance and had the Royal Suite and I promise the worst bed on the whole ship! It was a great trip but boy did I sleep good when we returned home.

in the royal suite why didn you ask for a new mattress or a pillow top. we do all the time if things aren't working. while they might not give you a new mattress they will give you something for on top of it. my wife always gets cold so she insists on asking for extra blankets...if you can call what they give you a blanket!

Dear Banchote,

I really should have asked for a new mattress for the sofa sleeper. It really was terrible. The kids slept on it and did complain a little, but not extensively. I tried it out just to see, and was rather surprised to discover how terribly uncomfortable it really was.

I guess I never thought to ask for another mattress (did not really know it was an option). In addition, I was rather selective about what I asked of our butler. He really did seem overworked and I think a little distracted because our cruise was his last before returning home for a few months. He was a very nice man, but I believe he told us he had 12 suites to service. (that is really quite a load).

Anyway, we are looking forward to our upcoming cruise on the Constellation. We hope that the beds are nice and comfortable and the bedding is updated.

Happy Sailings,

Nancy

Just got off of the Constellation April 13th T/A. This is BEFORE the refurb. We had a sky suite and our DD (an adult) came with us. We asked for egg crate toppers for all of us and they were on the bed and pull out couch from day one. The bedding was super comfy and my DD said that that mattress was more comfortable than her bed at home. We slept like babies. This was our third time on the Constellation and we have never had a bad experience. We have 2 cruises booked on RCCL because of the preferred and different ports, but would not hesitate to return to the Connie. :)

Archived