Another Beer Smuggling Question!

Please save the "don't smuggle" replies!

1. I need to know how people get Corona's on board with the metal cap

2. What plastic bottled beers they carry?

You mean the bottles? Just pack them in your luggage and hope they don't break...

I believe they have Miller and Micelob in plastic bottles..

Believe it or not, my sister individually wraps bottles of beer, packs them in a banker's box, puts the banker's box on a wheelie cart, and rolls it all on board with her. She really likes and array of beers that they just don't have on the ship, so she makes the effort.

Carnival wouldn't let you on with bottles of Corona... they don't even sell Corona in bottles anymore, you ask for Corona you get it in a glass. The reason for that is if you ask for lime and you put it in a bottle... when they pack it all in the garbage when in the homeport it is lime, a food product in a glass bottle, and it is breaking environmentel laws in terms of recycling and carnival could be fined.

I wondered why they stopped the bottles, it kinda made me laugh but I do see why now

Carnival wouldn't let you on with bottles of Corona... they don't even sell Corona in bottles anymore, you ask for Corona you get it in a glass. The reason for that is if you ask for lime and you put it in a bottle... when they pack it all in the garbage when in the homeport it is lime, a food product in a glass bottle, and it is breaking environmentel laws in terms of recycling and carnival could be fined.

I wondered why they stopped the bottles, it kinda made me laugh but I do see why now

At one time they used to pour the Corona from the glass bottle into a plastic Corona bottle that has a "funnel" type neck. They are pretty cool. I brought 4 of them home with me. :p :D

That is really interesting DJ Eddy. I thought they were worried about breakage, for example, at the pool where someone could get injured. I know many years ago they had plastic Corona bottles with that "funny top" and was wondering why they didn't have that anymore. You learn something new every day! :rolleyes:

Has nothing to do with limes, no glass bottles are permitted on deck including Redstripe and Samual Adams. If you order any of these it will be poured into a plastic cup (even if you order a bucket).

Carnival wouldn't let you on with bottles of Corona... they don't even sell Corona in bottles anymore,

Unless this just started. On our last cruise in Dec. they sold them in the bottle inside at the bar. Just not on the Lido deck due to breakage.....

Has nothing to do with limes, no glass bottles are permitted on deck including Redstripe and Samual Adams. If you order any of these it will be poured into a plastic cup (even if you order a bucket).

You're saying that if one orders a bucket, they will pour all of the beers into plastic cups and bring it that way?

but i think OP is asking (in a roundabout way) if any corona smugglers had the screening set off due to the metal caps.

Oh if that's the case..........no

checked luggage, checked luggage, checked luggage...............

You're saying that if one orders a bucket, they will pour all of the beers into plastic cups and bring it that way?

That would be correct sir. Forced me to switch to budswill in the steel bottles. :(

but i think OP is asking (in a roundabout way) if any corona smugglers had the screening set off due to the metal caps.

Screening uses x-ray, not MRI :D

Unless of course they are carrying their Coronas in their pocket. :eek:

That wasn't the case for us on the Spirit 04/2007.

That would be correct sir. Forced me to switch to budswill in the steel bottles. :(

What a load of crap. Last cruise I had the daily before noon beer special: 6 XX in longnecks served in the bucket...original packaging mind you. The beer wench was even kind enough to give me an opener.

What a load of crap. Last cruise I had the daily before noon beer special: 6 XX in longnecks served in the bucket...original packaging mind you. The beer wench was even kind enough to give me an opener.

Dos equis? yuk.:eek:

They do have the plastic bottles but they don't give you a glass bottle anywhere on the ship... due to the recycling issue. They stopped it even in the crew bar... you get a glass instead.

Archived