Statendam, Don't Leave Without Us!

cruzinchar

I'm just kidding. I know that the Statendam won't leave Seward, Alaska without us when it sets sail on our Alaska cruise on August 22nd, but I'm so bummed that we will be getting on the ship so late before embarkation!!! We will have been on a land Cruise Tour for three days prior to the cruise, and when my documents arrived the other day, I see that we will be arriving at the ship around 7:15 p.m., and the ship is due to embark at 8:00 p.m. In fact, in the general literature, it states that they want everyone on the ship by 7:00 p.m. Now, I'm not the least bit worried about missing the ship, cause we're on HAL the whole way, land tour, etc., so they have to make it work. It's just that we'll miss the fun getting settled in to the cabin ahead of time and getting ready to leave, etc. We don't even know our cabin yet! Everyone says we probably won't find out our cabin until we get to the pier. Will it matter that we're getting there so late! Ugh! Well, I don't think there's any alternative, so I might as well stop complaining and continue to be excited for my trip!

:)

Chances are your bus tour won't be the only ones getting there late. One we took the train from Anchorage down to Seward. The train was supposed to have gotten in at 5 - we didn't get to the ship till 6:45. The train had a lot of HAL and RCI passengers - lots of us getting there late.

Then last year we opted to do back-to-back cruises and we didn't leave at 8 as scheduled from Seward because we had to wait for 2 buses coming from the airport - many planes were late getting into Anchorage because of bad weather.

Dinner is open seating in Seward - you just go down to the dining room whenever you are ready to eat.

:)

Don't fret.....You know the ship won't leave until all HAL sponsored pre-cruise pax are aboard. Seeing as you do arrive at the ship late, perhaps it is because they are trying to have you see/experience as much as possible during your land tour and try to squeeze in as much as possible?

Hope you have a great time.

Yes, I'm sure we won't be the only ones coming in a little later. Just wish we could get there early and start relaxing on the ship! I don't know why I'm complaining! I have this wonderful trip to look forward to! I can't wait! The reason that we are getting in so late, by the way, is that we wake up that morning in Fairbanks, take a morning tour, including lunch and then they fly us down to Anchorage. We don't get to Anchorage until 4:15 and then it's a three hour bus trip to Seward. Guess it can't be helped. Oh well.

Thanks for telling me about the open seating in Seward. I kind of thought so. Are jeans ok for that evening in the dining room? I may be in capris, but just wondering if they would really frown on jeans if I haven't had a chance to get to my luggage yet.

Archived