New York Cruises???

Becky81

As Much as I hate to admit this, I am celebrating my 50th this December. I would like to take a cruise out of New York (because I live there...NJ ok also). Anyone have any input on the 7-9 day cruises that they would like to share? What is your favorite ship?

Favorite ports. What is it like to sail out of NY in December? Thanks for your replys.:)

As Much as I hate to admit this, I am celebrating my 50th this December. I would like to take a cruise out of New York (because I live there...NJ ok also). Anyone have any input on the 7-9 day cruises that they would like to share? What is your favorite ship?

Favorite ports. What is it like to sail out of NY in December? Thanks for your replys.:)

You might want to check NCL, I think they sail out of NYC in Dec, Carnival does not.

We're sailing on the Crown Princess out of New York this July. It's a 9 day eastern Caribbean. Ports are Bermuda, Grand Turk, San Juan and St. Thomas.

I say if you have to turn 50 (and don't we all) then you HAVE to do it up right! We're sailing in July for our 25th anniversary. Already did the 50 yr. old "celebration".

Kim

Carnival doesn't sail out of NY in Dec. I think the only lines that do are NCL, HAL (maybe), and Cunard. Someone correct me, if I'm wrong.

Sorry - didn't see the December part in the original posting. Just saw "sail" and "NY" and got excited cause I thought I could help. :o

Kim

... What is it like to sail out of NY in December? Thanks for your replys.:)

Sailaway shot

snuggly.jpg

sorry i cldn't resist. wish i cld take credit for the photo, but as you see i cannot. it was so funny when she posted that.

on another note, i share your pain. i, too live up here and it isn't very conducive to winter cruising. but there is a bright side, you can get some great deals in dec on cruises leaving out of just about every fla port, and if you watch air, you might do well there too.

my mom and step dad have taken the ncl dawn twice the first time was there honeymoon in oct they were on board with 25 other couple that the today show paid for and filmed and the second time was feb 2005 when they had a blizzard there was 2 1/2 feet of snow on the lido deck the crew had a blast having snowball fights mom got a kick to see it cause some of them have never seen snow befor . anyway they were delayed one day cause the storm delayed flight and they waited to all the passengers got there but it was an 11 day cruise so it was no big deal

.Mom said the fist day they wore sweat pants and shirts and walked around deck during the day the second day it was swim suits and a chair on the lido deck . personaly i wouldnt mind 2 days of cold weather coming and going so i say go for it as long as you now what you are in for you can plan for it

We are doing a 9 day Royal Caribbean "Explorer of the Seas" out of Cape Liberty, New Jersey on Dec.14th and will return 2 days before Christmas. Have been on this Voyager Class Ship before out of Fla. and it is beautiful. Can't wait. Doing the Miracle out of NY in Sept. Can't wait for that one also. Holland America's Noordam operates in Dec. out of NYC and so does NCL Dawn. Royal Caribbean is starting their first winter run this year. They also have a 12 day. So you have several options. IKE

We did the 9 day Crown Princess out of NY (Brooklyn) last October.

The thing with cruises out of NY to the Caribbean is that there a lot of sea days. Not including the departure day, there may be 4 or more sea days. That is a lot of time to "enjoy" the ship.

And if your cruise includes Bermuda, be aware that it is very possible for the ship to skip Bermuda due to the weather/winds. Last year the Crown Princess missed Bermuda I think 3 cruises in a row at one point. If that happens then you get an "extra day at sea" making it 5 sea days out of 9.

I like the ship but I can only sit around the pool for so long. I enjoy the chance to go on excursions more.

We said we wouldn't go on any cruise out of NY again due to the amount of sea days needed to get to the Caribbean and back.

We are currently booked on the Legend out of Tampa in Aug. It is 7 days and only two sea days. Just like we like it.

Archived