What to do in Ft Lauderdale for a day?

mattR

Take the water bus all around, $11.00 each all day, off and on all you want.

Have lunch at the downtown saloon, it is one of the water bus stops.

Go to Las Olas Blvd for dinner and people watching that night. Make reservations while you are down there in the afternoon because it will be crowded at night or just go to the bar to drink while you wait for your table.

airboat rides, butterfly place, monkie jungle, an alligator show, jungle queen, the flea market has a free circus and is huge on sunset, further out sunset is the largest discount mall in the world. Up in West Palm is a well known Safari Place, Lion Kingdom I think its called, trying to think where I would take tourists who visit....?

We fly in Friday night and our cruise leaves on the Sunday. What should we do for the day Sat Feb 2/08? There will be 5 couples?

Almost the same for us we will staying at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper Friday and Sat night 7/13 - 7/15. Anything close to this Hotel?

Almost the same for us we will staying at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper Friday and Sat night 7/13 - 7/15. Anything close to this Hotel?

boom op: We stayed at the Yankee Trader in February--Not much really close by but if you like to walk, there are some great places within 8-10 blocks. It is close to the water taxi stop http://www.watertaxi.com We used both the trolley that stops in front of the hotel as well as the water taxi that is a couple of blocks away from rear of hotel--great cheap transportation.

My favorite on the water place is Coconuts Bahama Grill--right on Intercoastal Waterway with great food and great drinks--very casual place. Discovered it by accident couple of years ago and have been back several times since. There is both water bus and trolley stop within couple of blocks.

Have a great time!!!:)

A little north of 17th, an easy stroll, voted best ribs in Ft Lauderdale 5 years in a row....my favorite. Be prepared to stand on line though, but well worth the wait. ;)

http://www.tomjenkinsbbq.com/

Just don't ask the Starbucks people down the street-they gave me completely wrong directions to Tom Jenkin's when literally it was down the street.

Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I probably have an accent (I could hear theirs, they could probably hear mine). No need to misdirect me. :( ;) :)

Archived