Cruise Docs Appearnce & Docs Dance Now?

The last few cruises, our docs have been emailed to us, so I was rather surprised when I received mine in the mail. At least I think these are the "official" cruise docs. The last time we received any cruise docs, they were spiral bound, so I am just wondering.

These are an oversized book that says "Explorations" on the front and has info inside on shore excursions offered through the ship. In the Table of Contents, it lists "Travel Documents and General Information" as part of the contents. It also has a "Mandatory Guest Information Form" which requests the same information as online check in which we have already done. I know we don't need that since I already have printed out our Set Sail form. The only form I don't see is the one for the credit card information.

So...should I have been doing the doc dance and didn't even know?:D

denamo

That's it! Amazing how everyone "waits and waits' for these things, when they aren't necessary at all!

That's true but it's the anticipation of receiving them that really makes it fun and real that your cruise is almost here!!

The last few cruises, our docs have been emailed to us, so I was rather surprised when I received mine in the mail. At least I think these are the "official" cruise docs. The last time we received any cruise docs, they were spiral bound, so I am just wondering.

These are an oversized book that says "Explorations" on the front and has info inside on shore excursions offered through the ship. In the Table of Contents, it lists "Travel Documents and General Information" as part of the contents. It also has a "Mandatory Guest Information Form" which requests the same information as online check in which we have already done. I know we don't need that since I already have printed out our Set Sail form. The only form I don't see is the one for the credit card information.

So...should I have been doing the doc dance and didn't even know?:D

denamo

I received the same thing in the mail and it equally confused me. So, I called RCI and asked because it didn't include luggage tags, etc. They said that what I received was just pre-cruise information and shore excursions. The "offical" cruise docs aren't mailed out until 30 days before you go and are something different, so you should be getting those as well.

Archived