Mariner Eastern Cruise - Starboard or Port?

Taking the Mariner Eastern Caribbean Cruise - looking for suggestions.

Is Starboard or Port side better for view pulling into St. Thomas & St. Maarten? Which side would you request?

It's a crap shoot. Sometimes the ships back in, sometimes they go in forward.

We were starboard on the 4/15 eastern cruise.

Departure from Port Canaveral: Great view as we passed by all the restaurants with people outside and the park at the end of the canal.

Coco Cay: missed this port

St. Thomas: docked on the starboard side but was also behind one of the Disney boats. Not much to see out on the end of the pier.

St. Marten: docked on the starboard side but it overlooked a container yard. There was a very cool 370ft private yacht to look at though. Other than that, just some containers, cranes, and some rusty barges.

It really doesn't matter which side you're on. You don't intend to stay in your cabin the entire trip, do you? I didn't think so! There are 360 degree views from the upper decks. The Eastern Caribbean is gorgeous whichever direction you're facing. You can't go wrong.

I have done the east on the Mariner and am doing it again in May...Go for the port side for sure...Better views of St Thomas and in St Marteen, If you make coco cay it is a tender stop, so it wont really matter. Good luck!

I guess it does matter to the OP........having been on this cruise I agree with the poster that says it is a crapshoot...........you just never know.......

Taking the Mariner Eastern Caribbean Cruise - looking for suggestions.

Is Starboard or Port side better for view pulling into St. Thomas & St. Maarten? Which side would you request?

For the view when you are sailing into St. Maarten best view is on port side. For St. Thomas I believe your best view would be from the port side, but either is fine.

Port is best when docked in St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Starboard is great for sailing out of Port C. as you can waive to the folks in the restaurants.

This is how we experienced it last February on port side. But again, you never know which direction the ship is going to dock....I advise going up to deck 12 to get a panoramic view.

Archived