Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

We are hoping to book a Balcony on Legend but I don't really know anything about which decks to book on and how that affects pricing?? I know there are extended balconies and balconies with obscured views and things like that but I don't know if one deck is better than another or which side of the ship is better???

We just returned from our cruise on the Legend 12/31-1/6 Was great!

We had a balcony on the Panorama deck Level 10. It was nice, one floor down from the lido deck. The balcony was nice in the morning, entering ports, and sitting there drinking coffee. It got pretty windy while the boat was moving. As far as the extended balcony, the extended part is not very private, as you can look right down on them.

Honestly, we didn't use the balcony all that much. Between all day excursions and night time activities there is just so much going on that we were hardly in our room anyway.

Our next cruise we will probably take an inside room or window room. Just to save more money, to spend towards excursions. :)

I don't think you would be disappointed with any room you choose!

As far as which side, we were on port side. the only day that it really mattered was pulling in to Roatan, Honduras. The hills were nice to look at while there.

Enjoy your trip!

We had a balcony on the Panorama deck Level 10. It was nice, one floor down from the lido deck.

I'm glad you enjoyed your Legend cruise. We're going in a couple of months. Just a correction, on Spirit class ships the Panorama deck is deck 8. Deck 10 is the Sun deck. ;)

jps7117 Thank you for your reply. I am re-considering the balcony actually! I would love to have it but I'm really going to have to consider the pricing option compared with the use option when we do actually get to book.

I've enjoyed so much reading about everyone's experiences on Legend and just can't wait until we get to go!

Shannon :D

jps7117 Thank you for your reply. I am re-considering the balcony actually! I would love to have it but I'm really going to have to consider the pricing option compared with the use option when we do actually get to book.

I've enjoyed so much reading about everyone's experiences on Legend and just can't wait until we get to go!

Shannon :D

I think from what I've read you will definitely love the balcony...the extra room and getting up to see the sunrise and then the sunset too. The smell of the ocean in your room etc. etc.

Take advantage of your balcony with ordering room service in the morning for coffee etc. Bring a bottle of wine to share on there.

Just my two cents.:o

We were on the Legend 12/9 sailing. Had cabin 7294 Balcony aft. We loved the ship and the location on Empress deck...2 flights up to Lido and 2 decks down to Promenade deck. It is on the port side and when we were docked in Cozumel, the Fascination was docked right across the pier from us. While docked in Roatan we had the view of the island. It really doesn't matter in Grand Cayman or Belize as those are tender stops. Had a great time and the Legend is now our favorite Carnival ship.

We are booked for December 14, 2008. We are excited because we have never cruised this class of ship, and have never been to Belieze or Roatan.

Because the Legend has very few inside cabins compared to other ships, believe it or not, our PVP told us that there are only 5 inside cabins left on our date - almost a year out! We booked 3 cabins, and because our 2 sons are in the Marine Corps and in military various schools, they won't know their schedule, so we may book for them later.

Cruising right before Christmas looks like it is becoming a tradition. It's nice - with the kids being older (20's) - this is the best way to do Christmas. We pay for part of the cruise as their Christmas present and I don't have to do all that running around trying to find the presents they want. :)

We were on the Legend 12/9 sailing. Had cabin 7294 Balcony aft. We loved the ship and the location on Empress deck...

Duck,

Glad you liked that cabin. We've got 7296 on the Legend in 2 weeks, and was wondering about the things you mentioned. This is our first cruise, and we were hesitant to take a cabin near the aft. Did you think the feeling of motion was any too excessive (as I see you've been on many cruises)?

Duck,

Glad you liked that cabin. We've got 7296 on the Legend in 2 weeks, and was wondering about the things you mentioned. This is our first cruise, and we were hesitant to take a cabin near the aft. Did you think the feeling of motion was any too excessive (as I see you've been on many cruises)?

We didn't feel the motion anymore in that cabin than some that we have had more mid ship. We have had a cabin on lower decks before and you will feel less movement. You will love this location and this ship. We will be sailing on the Miracle (sister ship) in 2 weeks out of Ft. Lauderdale. Bon Voyage!!

Duck,

You have a most excellent cabin. We had one just like it on the Miracle. The balcony is huge. I'm going to put a note on your door to visit us.

SallyB

We have had a cabin on lower decks before and you will feel less movement.

I repeat, it is physically impossible to have more or less movement as you go to upper or lower decks. You have to realize that you are imagining this. You WILL feel less movement as you go fore and aft, but not from the crow's nest to the bilge.

I repeat, it is physically impossible to have more or less movement as you go to upper or lower decks. You have to realize that you are imagining this. You WILL feel less movement as you go fore and aft, but not from the crow's nest to the bilge.

Oh, thank you, I must have been imagining this feeling. For those of you who also imagine this, we have been corrected evidently more than once!

Now that I have spent all weekend reading 32 pages, I still have some questions. I will be on the Legend 4/27/08 with the wife, son, and daughter. My son is 12 and Daughter is 6. So I have some questions about the kids groups. The capers I have seen state that there is a "nominal charge" for the slumber parties. They run from 10pm to 3 am. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this, and what it costs?

Also, for the older kid, I was told there is an arcade... is that an additional charge? Should he be packing a ton of quarters?

I have also seen mention of people stating how many rooms are left on their cruise. Several people have asked how to determine the "fullness" of your cruise, and yet there have been no answers. So I am going to ask the same question... how can you tell how booked your cruise is? How many cabins are left?

Finally, I hear talk about Sushi...Is the sushi included, or is it additional like coffee shops, or ice cream shops on RCCL?

Thanks for all the great posts, and thanks in advance for any answers.

Now that I have spent all weekend reading 32 pages, I still have some questions. I will be on the Legend 4/27/08 with the wife, son, and daughter. My son is 12 and Daughter is 6. So I have some questions about the kids groups. The capers I have seen state that there is a "nominal charge" for the slumber parties. They run from 10pm to 3 am. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this, and what it costs?

Also, for the older kid, I was told there is an arcade... is that an additional charge? Should he be packing a ton of quarters?

I have also seen mention of people stating how many rooms are left on their cruise. Several people have asked how to determine the "fullness" of your cruise, and yet there have been no answers. So I am going to ask the same question... how can you tell how booked your cruise is? How many cabins are left?

Finally, I hear talk about Sushi...Is the sushi included, or is it additional like coffee shops, or ice cream shops on RCCL?

Be warned....Arcades DO COST!!! they take quarters as well as sign and sail cards on some ships.

As for the slumber party, my kids did an all night party and it was $50 but they kept them active ALL night. For the slumber party on our last cruise it was at least $30 if not $50 and basically they watched movies! My kids were too old for it so I didnt look into it.

I have also seen mention of people stating how many rooms are left on their cruise. Several people have asked how to determine the "fullness" of your cruise, and yet there have been no answers. So I am going to ask the same question... how can you tell how booked your cruise is? How many cabins are left

Finally, I hear talk about Sushi...Is the sushi included, or is it additional like coffee shops, or ice cream shops on RCCL? .

I can answer two of your questions.

The arcade works off of tokens that can be purchased with the sign and sail card.

Sushi is included in the cruise price.

I can answer two of your questions.

The arcade works off of tokens that can be purchased with the sign and sail card.

Sushi is included in the cruise price.

Its been a couple of years since we cruised, will there be a fancy captain's dinner on the 1/27/08 sailing of the Legend? Can't seem to find any reference to one on Carnival's site anywhere. (13 more sleeps!)

Its been a couple of years since we cruised, will there be a fancy captain's dinner on the 1/27/08 sailing of the Legend? Can't seem to find any reference to one on Carnival's site anywhere. (13 more sleeps!)

There will be two formal dinner nights, Monday & Friday. There will be a Captain's Reception Cocktail Party on Monday night before dinner. Nothing known as a "Captain's Dinner" though.

And why not?

I don't know the physics of it, but I think of it as looking at a "V" which means you get more side to side motion on the upper decks.

I know you get more motion in the bow when the seas are rough. Been there, hope to never be there again!

Anyway, I still haven't booked for next December. I'm still weighing the other options (that Victory out of San Juan, all ports, is still calling me).

I also love cruising the week before Christmas. Not many kids, much cheaper than over the holiday, and you get that holiday when you get home and can rest up from all the fun you had!

I can't believe no one knows where the " hidden " door is to the bow of the ship.

Also what day is the captains cocktail party.

As well as the one for the previous guests.

This is our second cruise, and I have spent hours on these boards, and it seems the more I look the more I just want to do nothing but relax. We missed so many things that were available on the Glory due to lack of knowledge.

Damn, just found out I need to un-pack some more stuff, jeez.

Thanks all, Happy cruising :-)

Also what day is the captains cocktail party.

As well as the one for the previous guests.

The Captain's Cocktail Party is Monday night before the first formal dinner. I'm not sure about when the past guest party is. This upcoming cruise will be the first one we'll get an invite to. ;)