early ferry dockyard to St. George's?

39august

The ferry schedule shows the first ferry from dockyard to St. George's is not until 10 AM. On another thread someone noted that the ferry was early enough for folks to be at Crystal Cave by 9 AM! How is that possible? I must have misunderstood. Or, does the ferry schedule change during peak season? We will be there the first week in June. I would surely like to see a 9 AM ferry to St. George's.

The ferry schedule shows the first ferry from dockyard to St. George's is not until 10 AM. On another thread someone noted that the ferry was early enough for folks to be at Crystal Cave by 9 AM! How is that possible? I must have misunderstood. Or, does the ferry schedule change during peak season? We will be there the first week in June. I would surely like to see a 9 AM ferry to St. George's.

The first ferry (Blue Route) from the dockyard to Hamilton leaves the dockyard at 7:06 AM and arrives in Hamilton at 7:45 AM. The most direct bus to the crystal caves is the number 3 bus to Grotto Bay. It leaves Hamilton at 7:45 AM and 8:15 AM, enough time to get to the caves before 9 AM. The shedule of the Orange Route now shows the first ferry from the dockyard to St. George does not leave until 10 AM and arrives at 11AM. The return ferry to the dockyard leaves at 3 PM and the last one at 3:45PM. The Orange route now has only 5 trips total, an oddly abbreviated schedule compared to the almost continuous Blue Route to Hamilton. Obviously in order to make the opening of the caves, you need to take the ferry from the dockyard to Hamilton and then the number 3 bus to the caves. From there you can take a number 3 bus to ST George, or walk the short distance to the Swizzle Inn and take either a number 10 or 11 bus to St. George. You can then go to Tobacco Bay or St Catherine's beach by minibus for $3 each way and the ferry back to the dockyard around 3PM. Hopes this clears up any confusion I created.:)

Thanks. Darn it, I wish there was an earlier ferry. Maybe by June 3, Seaexpress will show an earlier ferry. I have read in several places about the "fast ferries", but can get no schedule info. Not interested in the caves, just wanted to clear up your comment. But that is helpful for anyone who DOES want to see the caves.

Is it possible to go from the Dockyard to St George , then Hamilton and back to the Dockyard by ferry. Traveling with a 3 year old and we are looking for the easiest way to see Bermuda.

We were there on April 25 and took the 9:00 AM ferry from the Dockyards to St. Georges. We were able to see the Peppercorn Ceremony which started at 11 am. We were in St. Georges in plenty of time to walk around and then get a prime spot to watch the ceremony.

Is it possible to go from the Dockyard to St George , then Hamilton and back to the Dockyard by ferry. Traveling with a 3 year old and we are looking for the easiest way to see Bermuda.

the way to do this is to take the earliest ferry to St George from the Dockyards and then a bus to Hamilton and then the Ferry back from Hamilton to the Dockyards. Its an hour(50 minutes) to St George by Fast Ferry about an hour to Hamilton by Bus from St george and 20 minutes to the Dockyard from Hamilton. The Ferry from St George to Hamilton stops at the Dockyards and takes an hour and 1/2.

Thanks. Darn it, I wish there was an earlier ferry. Maybe by June 3, Seaexpress will show an earlier ferry. I have read in several places about the "fast ferries", but can get no schedule info. Not interested in the caves, just wanted to clear up your comment. But that is helpful for anyone who DOES want to see the caves.

I was using the schedule that we received in Septmeber 2006. The website for the SeaExpress has been down all week so I couldn't verify the schedule. But I noticed mafig stated that they used the ferry from the dockyard to St George at 9 AM. Perhaps the difference is that the ferry runs more frequently in the peak season. Very curious.:)

mafig- Was that 9 AM ferry one of the "fast ferries" or was it the regular orange route ferry? So glad to hear of the earlier time. It is curious that the schedule I printed a month ago shows it is for 2007, yet first ferry time is shown as 10 AM.

It was a fast ferry.

However, 9 AM was listed as a time on the orange route schedule we received when we purchased our ferry/bus pass on 4/24.

I don't keep alot of paper after I return, so I tossed the schedule - sorry.

I remember when I saw the schedule I was happy to see 9 AM, got in line for the ferry to St. Georges and it was the fast ferry that showed up.:)

http://www.seaexpress.bm/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_7984_283_-283_43/http%3B/portalcontent.gov.bm%3B7087/publishedcontent/publish/ministry_of_tourism_and_transport/sea_express/routes_and_schedules/ferry_schedule_2007_2008_0.pdf

and the 9 am Ferry is a real fast one and gets to St George at 9:35

a pdf schedule! something new....

and the last ferry back to the dockyards from St George now leaves at 4:00...

http://www.seaexpress.bm/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_7984_283_-283_43/http%3B/portalcontent.gov.bm%3B7087/publishedcontent/publish/ministry_of_tourism_and_transport/sea_express/routes_and_schedules/ferry_schedule_2007_2008_0.pdf

and the 9 am Ferry is a real fast one and gets to St George at 9:35

a pdf schedule! something new....

and the last ferry back to the dockyards from St George now leaves at 4:00...

The fact that the ferry leaves at 9 AM is a big help. It makes a trip to St. George viable. The last ferry leaving at 4 PM instead of 3:45 is also nice. The ferry from the dockyard to St. George is such a scenic trip, you can see so much of the island and going into St. George harbor like the cruise ships through the cut is fun. You will be amazed that the cruise ships can fit through such a narrow space.

Archived