How do I find out about price drops on Grand Princess Dec 1-7 Western Carribean

Has anybody ever had a price drop before on a cruise? If so did princess email you or let you know some way? It would be nice if princess would drop the price? When I booked the cruise the agent told me for the price of an outside room I could have a balcony so I jump at the chance. When do price drop occur?

Trying to save money any way I can. But still have a good time.

I cannot speak directly about Princess ... when we book HAL we understand that it is up to us and our TA to check for price drops on our particular sailing. Thinking the cruiseline wouldn't necessarily contact passengers ... after all, if you're not following the prices if/when they fall, the line gets more $$$ than if they reduced your price and notified you accordingly.

Last April we took a transatlantic on Celebrity Century ( before refurb) not only did we get a considerable price drop, we were upgraded 3 categories.

The ship was not full but did have the obligatory sign on the pursers desk

regarding no pgrades available !

Our travel agent got the upgrades and Celebrity posted the refund to our cc.

Eaglewar

• 1 month later...

Mom and I are on the Grand Princess November 10th and I noticed about a month ago the price had gone down (we have a mini-suite). We contacted the TA and she checked with Princess and saved us $500 ($250 each)!! She said she'd checked when she arranged our airfare, but knowing that she doesn't have QUITE the motivation we do to get a good price, I check it regularly.

200711101700_22.gif

Create a Caribbean Cruise Travelogue

• 2 weeks later...

I do the same thing. I check every week. Our January cruise price for a mini had dropped and inside cabins are the same price as outside obstructed view. (the price had dropped too!)

I contacted our TA and got the new price as well as an upgrade and lower price for the couple we are going with. The difference will definitely pay for our hotel room!:) I think we saved 250 and the other couple saved about 140.

Mom and I are on the Grand Princess November 10th and I noticed about a month ago the price had gone down (we have a mini-suite). We contacted the TA and she checked with Princess and saved us $500 ($250 each)!! She said she'd checked when she arranged our airfare, but knowing that she doesn't have QUITE the motivation we do to get a good price, I check it regularly.

200711101700_22.gif

Create a Caribbean Cruise Travelogue

Hi, windango,I'm on our roll call for this sailing, glad to hear your price went down. I keep checking ours, but our BA category balcony on the Caribe deck is higher than it was when we booked back in Feb, so I'm glad we booked when we did. I'll keep checking, maybe we'll get lucky.:)

Archived