How Often is Perfect for You?

sail7seas

In a perfect world, my husband being able to travel more without all of the assistance that he needs in airports etc, I guess I would like to take 4 longer cruises. Each one would be a minimum of 21 days. Now if I lived near a cruise port, then I`d proboably take one a month.....jean :cool:

My honeymoon and my last cruise were both 7 days long. After five days I was thinking that wasn't long enough. After 7 days I didn't mind getting off the ship, but I could have stayed longer. Next cruise is 10 days. I think it may be too long for DW, but I think 10 is a good number for me.

So why don't we just figure about 3 or 4 of those a year. That gives enough time between cruises to look forward to, and really begin to anticipate the next one, without them being too far away. So we'll say about 30 to 40 days a year.

Twice a year works well for us. We like Spring and Fall or Holiday Sailings. We've found that 10-day cruises work best for now, especially with the kids.

Once we retire, our goal is to take a World Voyage!

4 a year sounds good, one a season :)

As it is now we do a trip with our kids and a trip for just the two of us a year.

But a cruise every season in addition to the trip with the kids would be good :)

In a perfect world, where other obligations were not a factor? I think I might like two 12-day, maybe three 10-day. If I lived very close to a port city, perhaps five 7-day (but I would not take a 7-day unless I could get to the ship quickly and take several of them).

We cruise twice a year now, and although we are somewhat spoiled it is still NOT ENOUGH CRUISIN for me! If I had the dough and the time I would take at least 4-6 a year. A couple of 7 dayers, and the rest 10-14 days. Of course I would be as plump as a watermellon with all that good food. Although I am an excercise freak, I tend to really gorge while on vacation.

I think maybe four times a year, that would leave a few months in between to recover and work on plans for the next one.

On second thought I am ready to go right now and we just got back about two months ago, so maybe we need abut five a year. :cool:

I would love to do 3 a year..one with the kids in the summer :) and 2 for just hubby and I, in the Fall and and March..:D :) .

Of course working is always the problem, I have a second job teaching at college and that $$ is just for cruising.:) .sadly it limits my time to go:( .

OH well...

Nancy

We did Los Angeles - Sydney last year which was 30 days and the next will be 20 days Valparaiso - Seattle. Now working on a 28 days from Sydney to Cape Town. One good cruise a year for me. The rest of the time I enjoy flying and taking the exotic rail journeys.

I would like to be able to take the repositioning cruises in the spring and fall. 21 days each. I'd also like to take the transatlantic in both directions and would spend at least a month on Wind Star.

Since this is my perfect world, could I also sail in a deluxe suite or the penthouse???

Perfect World:confused: Well, I know this will never happen but I guess this is a "Wish I Could" I think once every 3 months for at least 10 days maybe 14, that would make 4 per year. For us cruising seems more relaxing than a land trip but who knows maybe after about 7 or 8 more cruises we will be ready to throw in a land trip back to Kona for a week.

Archived