Without kids... or without kids... which is best...?

Our daughter is now almost 14 and we have taken her on every cruise with us. We wouldn't think of leaving her home. For us a weeklong vacation is wonderful family time. We love being able to think back of all the fun we had together. If the wife and I want alone time we sometimes take a weekend getaway. We never once thought of taking a cruise without our daughter.

I am one that would RATHER take the kids than my hubby...lol (just kidding dear ;) )

No honestly I HAVE cruised with the kids and left the hubby at home cause he is not as addicted to cruising as the kids and I are.

NOW, when they are adults. That is a different story. It is time to let go. :)

I have 3 kids 10 & under, and we'll be taking our 3rd cruise without them in September. Two cruises will have been Anniversary celebrations, and one was earned by my hubby at work.

I think someday I would like to take my kids on a cruise, maybe when my youngest is 5 or older; I think many of the things we do on our excursions would just be a blast for them. For now, however, I cherish my time alone with my husband. I think when the kids are grown, we will take them with us as long as we can have another one all to ourselves in the same year. I can only imagine how great it would be to just book a trip for the two of us without worrying about who will be keeping the kids while we're gone!

BTW, we do travel somewhere at least once a year with the kids...usually we throw them in the car & take a road trip...they have seen 25 states so far, and love it. Thank heaven for those DVD players!:p

Our son will be 21 this year and we always did family vacations. We figured we would have plenty of time when he was grown to travel by ourselves. Then 3 years ago my nephews now 6 and 11 came to live with us and I now have full custody. So when we cruise we go by ourselves. I feel this is my one week to escape the reality of knowing that I have started over at almost 50 years old:eek:

Archived