scissors on board?

bobbycruiser

yea i planned on doing that already, but i was just curious if they would be confiscated or not. i mean after a few days, my face will be a mess, lol.

also, i assume razors wont pose any issues right? i cant live without my mach 3:)

Pack it in the checked luggage. They confiscated my admitedly large scissors when going through security and didn't return them until the day before arriving home. What danger I posed for most of the cruise that I wouldn't have done on the last day, I'll never know. For some reason security at the ports is now quite similar to airports. Nancy

We always pack nail scissors in the checked luggage and they have never been questioned. And nail clippers in an outside unlocked compartment so that we can cut the plastic ties (that we use to secure our luggage instead of locks) off the luggage.

After boarding the Costa Atlantica last year I was surprised to get a call asking me to go to the security office :confused:. I expected that they were worried about the large batteries for my wife's FeatherLite folding scooter. Not at all, they wanted me to look at the X-ray of one of the bags and explain the 'ice pick' seen there. Total puzzlement since we dont even own an icepick so I opened the bag and rummaged around. Finally I pulled out my small case with brush, electric razor etc and produced the electric toothbrush. "This is the culprit". Total disbelief ... but when they ran the case back through the X-ray, there it was ... the battery and metal shaft in the toothbrush made it look just like an icepick. So they do sometimes X-ray checked bags and they do sometimes look at the X-rays:)

I keep a small pair of scissors in my cosmetic case for traveling. It goes in my checked bag and no one has taken them yet. You should have no problem bringing a small pair on board.

this last cruise I was on I packed a small pair of scissors in my cosmetic bag (they were about 5 or 6 inches). I decided to use the ship's shampoo and conditioner and remembered in the past what a dickens they are to open sometimes so I brought my scissors so I could just cut the top open. Best thing I packed that trip!

well after 9 days away from a barber, facial hair tends to grow rampant. lol. my question is, are scissors allowed to be brought on board?

Hey bobby,

Yes, place them in your checked bag. Bruce's dive knife gets flagged every once and a while but for the most part they go through secuity no problem.

Remember now...no running....;)

Archived