Big Dilemma...Mariner 7 night GS or B2B Enchantment in RS?????

Ok, this is a dilemma that I'm sure is just lotto/powerball for most people, but... I have had a GS on Mariner booked for a belated 10th Anniversary in September (DW didn't want to do Eastern again on Anniversary week). Here's the story, we took our Honeymoon on the Enchantment Inaugural (inside cabin). I was poking around today and found that I could do a B2B on the Enchantment (4 nighter and 5 nighter) that covers the actual anniversary, and we can stay in the Royal Suite both legs!

Granted, it's a BIG extra chunk of $$$$, but, I need some input! What would you do?

We're looking at $4000 vs. $10000 for the cruise. The thing is, DW is planning (dead set actually) on getting pregnant again, so this could be our last cruise for about 5 years.

Advice??????

Dag! two and a half times the price??? I couldn't swallow that, but if you can, with all of your circumstances, I say go for it.

Here's your justification: It's 9 nights instead of 7. Should be more. So, it's a little bit more than a little bit more. :D

Revisting your first cruise, getting pregnant, increasing your family..............it's romantic and lovely.

That extra $6000 will buy you lots of Pampers!!:) Seriously, that is an awful lot of money..........why not "downsize":confused: on the EN to a GS or OS??

Dag! two and a half times the price??? I couldn't swallow that, but if you can, with all of your circumstances, I say go for it.

Here's your justification: It's 9 nights instead of 7. Should be more. So, it's a little bit more than a little bit more. :D

Revisting your first cruise, getting pregnant, increasing your family..............it's romantic and lovely.

I'm trying to get a courtesy hold put on both of them so that I can run them by DW in the morning, but have been having technical difficulties.

I can swing the money on it, as I have some big bonuses hitting. That being said, there are LOTS of better places to put the money.....but a Lifetime of memories is priceless...isn't it?!?!?!?

That extra $6000 will buy you lots of Pampers!!:) Seriously, that is an awful lot of money..........why not "downsize":confused: on the EN to a GS or OS??

I've always had a personality flaw that way of going ALL out!

We do LOTS of SHORT term land based vacations and what we have found is that our $69/night for a 1300 square foot condo at our timeshare on bonus nights has done IRREPERABLE damage to us. A couple of years ago we stayed at our timeshare in Orlando for a couple of nights at $59/night in a 2/2 condo, then spent a couple of nights in a Savannah View "HOTEL ROOM" at Disney's Animal Kingdom Resort (for $300+ p/night). Needless to say, that figures in to our cruising, as one of our non-exchange resorts is in Aruba.

That being said, for better or worse (actually with cruising considered...much worse) 1100ish square foot is what we have become accustomed to in vacationing.

I have a "plethora" of bonuses co-inciding, so the RS b2b won't hurt me (as long as I don't think about it)

So no OS or RS left on the MA??(just looked.only one OS left--better grab it)

I would go with the itinerary you like best........

Was thinking of being on the same ship might be romantic....but, that might mean buying some kind of a momento....

Good luck with your decision..we had an OS(cabin 1330--the same one available for yours) on the MA last year........not too shabby..:p

Finally got the "technical difficulties" taken care of. Turns out that it's an extra $6254.67 for 2 more nights....

Turns out I can get a B2B on the Mariner for less, and have 14 nights vs. 9. Only thing is that I can't keep the same cabin.

Romance isn't meant for us guys. Guess, I'll just keep what I have...and throw in a nice ring or something...

I'm trying to get a courtesy hold put on both of them so that I can run them by DW in the morning' date=' but have been having technical difficulties.

I can swing the money on it, as I have some big bonuses hitting. That being said, there are LOTS of better places to put the money.....but a Lifetime of memories is priceless...isn't it?!?!?!?[/quote']

NO! ahaha... NO, not worth $6,000 in my book. a little bigger room and a 7 day vs. 9 day? not worth it.

Do the B2B including your Anniversary week and the week following. I know you said your DW was not that interested in the Eastern Itinerary. You don't have to get off the ship and could use that as good quality time.

Not being in the same room is not that big of a deal on the B2B. Being someplace on your 10th Anniversary where you were on your honeymoon. That is Priceless and very romantic in my mind. :)

Archived