Princess Mini Suite Perks

zimadog

We have never sailed Princess (although we've been on 11 cruises). We have treated ourselves to a mini suite on the Caribbean Princess. I was just wondering about perks of booking a mini suites. From those of you who have sailed in a mini suite recently, what all is included as perks? I know there are robes, special mattresses, pillow menus ..... but are there any person things? I had heard you have fresh fruuit in the cabin - True? Any special services?

We are really looking forward to giving Princess a try. We have been on RCL, Celebrity and Carnival. Does Princess compare with any of these lines?

We have never sailed Princess (although we've been on 11 cruises). We have treated ourselves to a mini suite on the Caribbean Princess. I was just wondering about perks of booking a mini suites. From those of you who have sailed in a mini suite recently, what all is included as perks? I know there are robes, special mattresses, pillow menus ..... but are there any person things? I had heard you have fresh fruuit in the cabin - True? Any special services?

We are really looking forward to giving Princess a try. We have been on RCL, Celebrity and Carnival. Does Princess compare with any of these lines?

Hi Zimadog-We are "elite" with Princess(16+cruises) & we love mini-suites.:D Our next 5 cruises are in mini's.:D The fruit you choose with a door hanger. Mini's have 1 more TV, a couch, shower is in the tub so the curtain does not "hug" you.;) Obviously more sq feet of cabin space. Any more specific questions? We're here for you. Enjoy, Paul & Trudi in San Diego

Thanks Paul & Trudi! Do we get any priority embarkation or debarkation? What about priority for shore excursions? Are there any special cabin services like free laudry services? Do we get any 2 for 0ne coupons or anything like that?

We have never sailed Princess and were very disappointed to find out our Carnival credits did not transfer over to Princess (Like they do with RCL and Celebrity). We have sailed Carnival 4 times and thought the VIP program meant we got the same perks as we would with Carnival. Then we found out we only get discount pricing for being in the VIP program.

A minor perk is two free glasses of champagne on arrival. Other then the extra size, extra tv, and bathtub, larger balcony, (which make it worth the extra price IMHO) no other perks that I can remember that other cabins don't qualify for.

We have a mini-suite on the Crown this summer. I know that the mini is a bit longer than a regular balcony cabin. Are they wider too?

Wendy

Actually, I don't think they are much wider than a regular balcony cabin, but the extra length and sitting area make up for it. It gives enough space for the larger bathroom with full sized tub and shower and the extra room for the sofa and chair and tables. Definitely very comfotable, and having the sitting area closest to the balcony is nice, it keeps the light off the bedroom area when you are trying to sleep in.

You made need to ask for these things. We had a mini suite last month on the Diamond and never got our champagne and the luggage protector was tucked away between the wall and the couch - Maybe it was just because our room steward sort of sucked.

Nope, no prioriy embarkation or dembarkation!:(

RCI balcony cabins are similar to Princess mini's. In a Princess regular balcony cabin, there is no couch.

Oh well, I think you will still enjoy your cruise!:)

Thanks Paul & Trudi! Do we get any priority embarkation or debarkation? What about priority for shore excursions? Are there any special cabin services like free laudry services? Do we get any 2 for 0ne coupons or anything like that?

We have never sailed Princess and were very disappointed to find out our Carnival credits did not transfer over to Princess (Like they do with RCL and Celebrity). We have sailed Carnival 4 times and thought the VIP program meant we got the same perks as we would with Carnival. Then we found out we only get discount pricing for being in the VIP program.

Sorry to say that you don't get priority embarkation or debarkation, priority for shore excursions, no free laundry and there aren't any free coupons.

You will love the mini suite though, it's really a great size room. We were in a mini again after having sailed twice in a full suite and though I didn't know if we would miss the suite we were actually just fine with the mini.

Their are NOT any special perks when you book a mini-suite. Yes. you do get fruit but it is not replenished unless you ask. @ T.V's what a joke they are side by side so if you want to watch 1 program and your suite mate another forget it you cannot hear what you are trying to watch. This was our experience on the Sapphire Princess and we will NEVER cruise with them again.:p

If you are that concerned with the placement of the TV's in your cabin on a cruise ship maybe you ahould think of another means of travel.

Their are NOT any special perks when you book a mini-suite. Yes. you do get fruit but it is not replenished unless you ask. @ T.V's what a joke they are side by side so if you want to watch 1 program and your suite mate another forget it you cannot hear what you are trying to watch. This was our experience on the Sapphire Princess and we will NEVER cruise with them again.:p

I am a bit confused here. Fruit is provided to everyone's cabin, unless I missed something. All you have to do is to fill out the card telling what type you would like. I never realized this is just a 'perk' for mini suites and above?????????????????????????

The same with robes (even though that wasn't mentioned in your post), if you request them and they aren't already in your cabin, they will bring them for you. Even though I have heard people say they are only available to minis and above, that just isn't the case on Princess ships.

As for the two TV's, Well heck, if my DH turns the TV up loud in the other room, I would be hard pressed to watch something else in this room which is three rooms away? No where did I ever read where the TV's were to watch two different shows at the same time. Just that you can watch them in one room or the other. I must have missed that one also.

Even though they are close together, we have never had a problem watching two different things at the same time in a mini suite on a Grand Class ship. I just felt kind of silly being that close and having two TV's on at the same time in the past.

Champagne is hit or miss, depending on your cabin steward. We have had it delivered the moment we enter a cabin, and other times had to ask our steward for it. It all depends on how good of room steward you have.

Gosh, if that is your major gripe (the fruit and TV's), I can only imagine how your cruise went. I won't even ask! :( With access to this board and the internet, finding out what perks come with which cabin category is as easy as complaining about what you did or didn't receive on a message board because your research wasn't done properly.

On a personal note…

We love the Princess minis. The bathroom and extra closet/storage space are very nice. I can sit on the couch and DW lounge on the bed, and we can each see our TV (albeit the same thing), but we aren’t cruis’n for the TV – although it came in handy listening to the naturalist in Alaska.

Princess offers 'do it yourself' laundry (something we may miss on our 12 day cruise to Europe this summer - $1.20 to wash a pair of jockey shorts on RCL. :eek: )

Also, again, just my opinion, Princess does a GREAT job of both embarkation and disembarkation. Much more efficient than our last RCL or Celebrity experiences.

We just booked another New Years cruise- now if only I could figure out what's wrong with my countdown clock :rolleyes:

We just booked another New Years cruise- now if only I could figure out what's wrong with my countdown clock :rolleyes:

If it's the cruise on the Monarch the problem is your either going in 2099 or went in 1999 :D :eek:

In my opinion, the biggest perk for the Mini-suite is the space! You have a mini-living room where you can sit on a couch with your DH, there is room for a visitor or two. Balcony rooms do not have that space. We were stuck onboard during a totally rainy port day and thoroughly enjoyed our cabin, only venturing out for meals. Read and watched movies all afternoon...so relaxing. I can't imagine being stuck in a windowless cabin.

Plus, the space is the bathroom is fabulous...and I think the closet is bigger (if I'm wrong, correct me)---We have 5 suitcases between us and had lots of storage space.

No one has mentioned the upgraded linens...very comfortable.

when we met our room steward (who had our champagne), I commented that the room was lovely...he said---it should be..you've got the second largest room onboard! Puts things in perspective....I've stayed in interior rooms...this is no closet!

Enjoy your cruise!

Gosh, if that is your major gripe (the fruit and TV's), I can only imagine how your cruise went. I won't even ask! :( With access to this board and the internet, finding out what perks come with which cabin category is as easy as complaining about what you did or didn't receive on a message board because your research wasn't done properly.

I think the poster's name "DUPED PRINCESS CRUISER" says it all...:rolleyes:

Now that I think of it, we did not get a luggage (excuse me, bed linen) protector with our mini-suite last month on the Grand. Should I complain and request a partial refund? We did not get a pillow menu either. When we first met our cabin Streward, I asked about the champagne and he said if we wanted some, to go to the bar as they were no longer giving it out. Then, right before Muster, he came by and started giving out the champagne or better worded, sparkling wine.

On a side note, my wife and I were able to watch different programs on each TV without any problems.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't every room get a luggage protector..that's the plastic strip that goes on the bed to protect the bed from the luggage.

I didn't book a minisuite for the perks, which would be nice to get a few more,we booked it because of the size of bathroom. DH is a big guy and doesn't fit well in the small bathrooms.

the Princess mini suites are about the same size as other cruise lines veranda cabin, full width couch like X or Hal, 2 tvs? and a tub. It's just that the standard veranda cabins are small. They charge about $600 more for it.