Princess Mini Suite Perks

zimadog

On Royal, at least, our minisuite had a lightproof curtain we could pull across the room. DH could watch TV till all hours, I could go to sleep in the dark. None of the awful brightening and dimming of the screen to keep me awake. That's worth a lot to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't every room get a luggage protector..that's the plastic strip that goes on the bed to protect the bed from the luggage.

I didn't book a minisuite for the perks, which would be nice to get a few more,we booked it because of the size of bathroom. DH is a big guy and doesn't fit well in the small bathrooms.

OOOHHH!!! The bed protector! Every cabin, on every cruise line has those! LOL!

;)

Ok - I didn't book the mini suite for the perks either. BUT - Usually there are some "extras" that come along with booking higher level cabins and, since I have never been on Princess, I thought I'd ask some experienced cruisers. I feel a little insulted by some of your remarks. I was just curious. I have in the past booked handicapped cabins because I use a mobility scooter - so I doubt the size of the cabin will be much better then those offered for handicapped passengers. However, the tub in a cabin is one of the reasons I wanted the cabin. Nothing better then a long soak in a tub.

Thanks to those of you who answered my questions without commentary on why I wanted to know - or questioning why it should matter.

I hear ya!

They really should rename the mini's.

Really? I was thinking that the Mini's on Princess are more like the Jr. Suite on RCI. Actually, it felt to me that the mini was roomier than the Jr. suite? Hmm?:confused:

On Royal, at least, our minisuite had a lightproof curtain we could pull across the room. DH could watch TV till all hours, I could go to sleep in the dark. None of the awful brightening and dimming of the screen to keep me awake. That's worth a lot to me.

On Royal Caribbean even the inside cabin we had has that curtain.

Hello Zimadog

I hope you enjoy your cruise,your mini and the Princess cruising style.

I'm fairly certain that they have already completed their cruise. The original post was from 2007!!

Holy dumpster diving, Batman!

Really? I was thinking that the Mini's on Princess are more like the Jr. Suite on RCI. Actually, it felt to me that the mini was roomier than the Jr. suite? Hmm?:confused:

They need to take out the suite name. Neither should have it. :(

Don't forget the luggage protector :D one of the mini benefits :rolleyes:

We are in a mini on the Island in Sept. What is the luggage protector?

And do all levels of mini suites get the fruit?

On Royal Caribbean even the inside cabin we had has that curtain.

Isn't it a curtain on each side that almost meet in the middle on RCCL? Seems like I remember they didn't cut out all light.

We are in a mini on the Island in Sept. What is the luggage protector?

And do all levels of mini suites get the fruit?

The luggage protector is the tan pad shown on the bed in the picture below. It protects the bed from the luggage when you put the luggage on the pad.

890412%20017%2004.12.15%20Emerald%20Princess%20cabin%20E312%20DSC06109_zpslsmejzr8.jpg

All cabins will have a form that you can fill out to order fruit.

scan0020%20Stateroom%20fruit%20order%20form_zpsp1xvg4rt.jpg

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the mini-suites had "upgraded mattresses." Can anyone confirm this? On our three most recent Princess cruises, we've had one mini and two balconies. The mini had a pretty nice mattress, and the balconies were, uh, not so nice.

Jim

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the mini-suites had "upgraded mattresses." Can anyone confirm this? On our three most recent Princess cruises, we've had one mini and two balconies. The mini had a pretty nice mattress, and the balconies were, uh, not so nice.

Jim

Nobody would be able to confirm this.....

Mattress's are replaced on an ongoing basis. You will never find every mattress new at the same time unless you sail on a new ship.

Getting a decent mattress is a crap shoot as you experienced. :(

• 7 months later...
You made need to ask for these things. We had a mini suite last month on the Diamond and never got our champagne and the luggage protector was tucked away between the wall and the couch - Maybe it was just because our room steward sort of sucked.

Yeah, I think it must have been your room steward! LOL! We have never sailed where there wasn't a luggage protector and we have sailed in all categories (except inside) on several cruise lines!

The bottom line is there really are no REAL suite perks in a minisuite like you would get say on X in their smallest suite called a Sky Suite....the minisuite is just a slightly larger room

Edited by SheriffJoe

We have never sailed Princess (although we've been on 11 cruises). We have treated ourselves to a mini suite on the Caribbean Princess. I was just wondering about perks of booking a mini suites. From those of you who have sailed in a mini suite recently, what all is included as perks? I know there are robes, special mattresses, pillow menus ..... but are there any person things? I had heard you have fresh fruuit in the cabin - True? Any special services?

We are really looking forward to giving Princess a try. We have been on RCL, Celebrity and Carnival. Does Princess compare with any of these lines?

We are booked on the Caribbean Princess and we decided on a Window Suite. I'm not sure how important the balcony is to you, but the price is not that much different than a mini suite and we get all the suite perks (to include Sabatini's!) Just an option to think about if you are looking for the goodies.

I have cruised on both Princess mini-suites and Celebrity Sky Suites and veranda staterooms. Rather than guessing about relative size, I went to the respective websites to compare the listed sizes. I used the Star Princess and the Celebrity Reflection in the comparison.

Princess mini-suite - stateroom 266 sqft, veranda 57 sqft = 323 sqft.

Celebrity Aqua Class veranda - stateroom 194 sqft.. veranda 54 sqft. = 248 sqft.

Celebrity Sky Suite - stateroom 300 sqft, veranda 79 sqft = 379 sqft.

*** some of the square footage in a mini suite is in unusable hallway between hanging closet and bathroom. Most of the mini-suites have a veranda above that looks down on your veranda. This is a "deal breaker" for us. We want privacy on our veranda. We found cigarette and cigar ashes and butts on our veranda from those above. We found various debris on our veranda, such as gum wrappers, from those above. There are a few mini-suite covered verandas on, I think, deck 6. That is what we have booked in the future.

You can see from the comparison that a Princess mini-suite is between a Celebrity veranda stateroom and a Sky Suite. We would never book a suite on Princess because the value is just not there for us - butler, exclusive dining room (Luminae), etc. that we get on Celebrity. So we will continue booking mini-suites on Princess (deck 6) because of the somewhat larger space and a bath tub. Those are about the only "perks" that have value to us in a mini-suite.

• 9 months later...

Hi,

Interesting reading all of your comments. I have just booked a mini suite on crown princess for next July. We have always gone with a normal balcony room but it's my DW's 40th birthday next year so I thought I would treat her to a surprise cruise to the fjords. Looks like I dropped lucky as princess have just had their black Friday deals and I managed to get a mini suite for £600 less than a balcony room! We have two young children so the extra space will be ideal. Just one question to you good cruising folks, does anyone know if the balconies overlooked on deck 9?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Nope, no prioriy embarkation or dembarkation!:(

RCI balcony cabins are similar to Princess mini's. In a Princess regular balcony cabin, there is no couch.

Oh well, I think you will still enjoy your cruise!:)

We alternate between RCI and Princess and usually do a balcony on RCI and a mini on Princess. Other than the fact that they both have a sofa, there's no comparison. My favorite benefit of the Princess mini besides elbow room in the bathroom is the lightproof curtain between the bed and the sitting area. One person can watch tv or read while the other sleeps. It's wonderful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We alternate between RCI and Princess and usually do a balcony on RCI and a mini on Princess. Other than the fact that they both have a sofa, there's no comparison. My favorite benefit of the Princess mini besides elbow room in the bathroom is the lightproof curtain between the bed and the sitting area. One person can watch tv or read while the other sleeps. It's wonderful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

And the bath tub! It's nice to soak in a hot tub after a day of touring!! ;)