Got Passport in less than 8 weeks

BRLady31

I applied today at the post office for an expedited passport, I paid a little over $200 and was told I should have it by June 6th. I need it by June 30th, so I will keep my fingers crossed.

We ordered one for our son on Feb. 14th and it's still not here. I called again today and they are going to do the free expedite way. I know it's not needed yet, but we'll be happier to have it with us. We leave next Saturday the 19th.

It is 11 weeks today that we applied for our passports and we still have not recieved them yet. Website still says it is processing. I have called twice and have been told the first time if it not here but such and such time then call back then i called back again and was told that they will send another request to hurry it up and it would possibly be expidited not 100% sure if was going to be expidited. We leave on week from Sunday May 13.

Hopefully we will get luck and get them in before we have to leave.

Hummmm, I wonder if it has anything to do with where people live?

like are there more processing facilities near you, meaning a less back up.

I really have no clue just trying to come up with a method to this madness.

There might be something to this. Our TA told us to go ahead and try for ours even though we booked only five weeks out. We applied 4/26 and got them in the mail yesterday. Our cruise is 5/27. Of course we had to have it expedited.

I wanted to keep this question somewhere on a passport thread. I'm hoping someone can answer this!

My fiance and I both applied on the same day, sent them in together. Both checks have been cashed, but his is not showing up as processing and mine is? It's been more than 4 weeks since we applied. Mine's been processing for about 2 weeks. Nothing for him. I'm assuming they must have received the application because they cashed the check enclosed with it, but who knows? :)

Anyone else have that happen and everything turns out OK? We're still a long way from needing them but I hope that his didn't get lost in the system or something.

My hubby's never showed up on their website but we got them in the mail just a few days after it showed our checks cashed. Mine always said processing. Hope it's the same for you.:)

Ours have been "processing" for a month now! I called our district Representative and she told me to call her the morning of 14 days before our trip and she will call them. She said she has a desk full of requests and has had no problems getting through to the passport office and getting passports expedited as the 14 day period before a trip comes up for individuals. Our trip is on June 8th so i guess i'll keep waiting and worrying...:(

Archived