Got Passport in less than 8 weeks

BRLady31

My DH, DD and I applied for our passports in mid March and they arrived today in the mail, just shy of 8 weeks! When we applied they told us ten weeks at least!

So any of you wondering how long it's taking......for us.....about 8 weeks!

Ahhh, I dunno. I applied for my kids' in February, they arrived just this Saturday...12 weeks and one day. I do think that many people applied at the same time as me because it was President's weekend and it made for a convenient time to run the errand. However, I would advise to err on the side of caution...expect 12 weeks at least, be pleasantly surprised if it is any less.

Thanks for letting us know your dates. I applied last week and I am afraid that it will take 10-12 weeks. I have a little cushion in my dates, but I don't want anything to go wrong. I am a "planner" by nature and profession, so I am always thinking contingency.

An eight week turnaround is excellent given the crush of new applications the passport offices are experiencing. If I may ask, which passport office processed yours?

Some offices are so backlogged that they cannot meet the 10 week schedule the State Department suggests as usual. When we applied in 2001, the New Orleans office did a very quick three week process. We were amazed.

Folks, my humble opinion is that the crush of applications is only going to get worse and the absolute deadline approaches. (Have a passport if you wish to leave the country and get back in.) It is to your advantage to get your passport well before you will actually need to have it.

Good luck,

Doc

An eight week turnaround is excellent given the crush of new applications the passport offices are experiencing. If I may ask, which passport office processed yours?

Some offices are so backlogged that they cannot meet the 10 week schedule the State Department suggests as usual. When we applied in 2001, the New Orleans office did a very quick three week process. We were amazed.

Folks, my humble opinion is that the crush of applications is only going to get worse and the absolute deadline approaches. (Have a passport if you wish to leave the country and get back in.) It is to your advantage to get your passport well before you will actually need to have it.

Good luck,

Doc

Our passports were mailed from the Prince Kuhio Federal Bldg in Honolulu HI.

I told my DD that her passport has already been somewhere she hasn't been!:D

I applied March 7th. We leave for Cape Canveral Saturday. I am pretty much planning on them NOT being here and arriving while we are gone!LOL! That's why I already have the BCs just in case.

Wish mine came back that fast!

:D Hey all!!! Ours were so fast. We turned our aps in last Thursday (April 26th) they have you send your BC's with them. I prayed that we'd get them back before our cruise which is June 3rd. They were in our mail box this past Saturday. We paid extra for rush but they said with that we should expect them back around the end of May. I was so releaved and shocked!!!:D

We were lucky!:D We applied for ours at the end of October, and received them 4 weeks later.:)

We're cruising in June. We wanted to make sure we got them far enough in advance. Didn't want to have to worry.;)

Getting one for our 15 yo son.

Submitted all required info on 3/2/07 (9.5 wks so far). We opted for standard processing.

Nothing yet.

Tom

Good Luck, I looked back and we applied on March 14th, so I guess we just got lucky. Maybe the Hawaii office is not that busy!

We applied the 1st week of March and have not yet received our passports. They said it would be the last week in May. It does not matter if we don't get them, we have extra copies of our birth Certificates. As for Kids, I am glad that they will not need one under the age of 16. My grandkids will use their birth certificates. Hopefully they will come soon, we are leaving June 17th.

Not sure if you are aware, but you do not need passports as of yet for cruise ships. That will go into affect on January 2008

Yeap we know, but it is always easier to have a passport even if you don't need one.

This is Brlady31's first Caribbean cruise, She wants to get everything taken care of now instead of trying to do it all in October when everyone in the world is trying to get a passport at the last minute.

My family of four applied for passports 12 weeks ago and still have not received them. My friend applied for her son's on the same day (different post office) and has not received his yet either.:(

Hummmm, I wonder if it has anything to do with where people live?

like are there more processing facilities near you, meaning a less back up.

I really have no clue just trying to come up with a method to this madness.

Good Luck, I looked back and we applied on March 14th, so I guess we just got lucky. Maybe the Hawaii office is not that busy!

March 16th for us, I sent an email 1 month later as per the website since our checks weren't cashed yet...within a couple days they were & after another week or so rolled along - we moved into "processing" status.:)

Site still indicates 8 weeks processing time; local PO states more like 10 - 12 weeks. Pasport clerk sez we're lucky to have wound up @ Phillie; evidently they move things along quickly...we shall see.

March 16th for us, I sent an email 1 month later as per the website since our checks weren't cashed yet...within a couple days they were & after another week or so rolled along - we moved into "processing" status.:)

Site still indicates 8 weeks processing time; local PO states more like 10 - 12 weeks. Pasport clerk sez we're lucky to have wound up @ Phillie; evidently they move things along quickly...we shall see.

Our passports showed up about four weeks after our check to the passport agency cleared the bank!

Ours are also "processing in Phila" it's been 9.5 weeks (3/5/07), it took 4 weeks to cash our checks and we still don't show up online. We have 10 days left to get them. We did get new copies of our BC's just in case. I called today and all they could tell me was they are both "processing". Seems to me since the government made them mandatory, they should have anticipated and hired many more people to handle the workload.

I wonder why when some call within the fourteen days, they are told "they are processing" and why with some they offer to expedite. We leave the 26th of May and some of my family are still waiting but called today and they were told they were being expedited and to call back next Tuesday to confirm they have been mailed. If they have not then they will need to pay for an expedited copy of birth certificates.

Carol

Ours are also "processing in Phila" it's been 9.5 weeks (3/5/07), it took 4 weeks to cash our checks and we still don't show up online. We have 10 days left to get them. We did get new copies of our BC's just in case. I called today and all they could tell me was they are both "processing". Seems to me since the government made them mandatory, they should have anticipated and hired many more people to handle the workload.

I find it weird that they wouldn't tell you any more info. I have called prob about 5 times and each time I was given a bunch of info by a friendly worker.

When I was within my 2 weeks, I called up and said I still don't have it and the woman said right away "well what i can do is expedite your passport for free which will be overnighted once its printed" I was told to call back a few days later if I didn't receive (which was today). I was told by another woman that they are ready to be printed and could possibly get mailed out today to arrive by tomorrow.

If I still don't have it by Thurs for whatever reason, I will call AGAIN... Be persistent. Everytime you call up, you will get someone different anyways!

Archived