Australia to New Zealand ?

We did this cruise in 2006 and loved it. One or two days of slightly choppy seas. You should be aware though that the Bass Straits and Tasman Sea can be terribly rough (as in 20 ft. + waves) and time of year is not neccessarily an indicator.

From another seasick sailor, we cruised on Voyager Jan 31 and Feb 1 2006 across from New Zealand to Sydney and it was absolutely smooth sailing and completely calm seas. So, conditions can be any where along the scale at just about any time and there is really no way to predict what your conditions will be like on any sailing.

I totally agree with dfb. We have crossed the Tasman Sea many times in both directions between November and March. Conditions ranged from glassy smooth (with fog!) to extremely rough..several ships encountered very rough conditions this season. It's just a matter of luck really, these waters are extremely fickle especially between Tasmania and Fiordland where there is only the vast Southern Ocean down to Antarctica. We join Mariner on your disembarkation day, Dec 3 in Auckland for the cruise to LA and are hoping

for smooth seas also across the Pacific. We know from previous experience that too can be a very rough area..also rainy season through the

tropics!!....we tend to not worry too much about reasons not to go!!.

Thank you all for your help. We have decided to change our plans and take the Osaka to Hong Kong trip instead. I don't know how these seas are, but as you all point out, one can never predict. I wish you all smooth sailing and thanks again.

Thank you all for your help. We have decided to change our plans and take the Osaka to Hong Kong trip instead. I don't know how these seas are, but as you all point out, one can never predict. I wish you all smooth sailing and thanks again.

Sorry you changed your mind. I am on that cruise. Just book air yesterday. :) Air New Zealand has something called Premium Coach with 40" between seats and a leg rest and it is much less than Business Class.

• 1 month later...

Must say that it is my goal to sail 7 Seas to ANZAC, & although am booked on a Crystal cruise to this area I would sooner claw my eyes from my head than join the Crystallized people on that board on that admittedly lovely ship any time soon.

I absolutely could not board Serenity again, despite how much we liked her on a Med cruise last summer, given the whining that goes on on the Crystal board & despite the fact that we've got $2K down on an ANZAC trip next February, thankfully, refundable. Perhaps we can find a home on RSS...please give input...

Archived