I Got BANNED from RCCL!!!!!!

:mad: I got a phone call today from the "Executive offices" at RCCL about my Liberty OTS Reservation on 5/19, saying that I would have to be removed from the reservation because I was no longer welcome to sail RCCL Ships.... OK....

Of course I asked "Why" and she said "you violated a Guest Vacation Policy on your 1/2007 cruise on the brilliance"... OK....

I asked what policy I violated, and she said they didn't have to give the specific information, and it would only be released to the courts if i was to subpeona... (As if I was going to request court action).. OK..

Now folks I am being honest with you that I have never, I mean NEVER done anything wrong on the ship. I was never talked to on the Brilliance about anything, and for them NOT to tell me what is going on is just killing me. At least give me an explination!!!! I talked with the other folks that I went with and they said that they had no clue either.

The ONLY thing that I could think of is that my room steward was HORRIBLE and i went to the desk several times to complain about him, and the lack of towels, etc, and the Chief Purser was very rude, and he may have written a comment in my file or something.

Anyone else ever hear of this happening to anyone? I am confused at this point.

I guess it's off to Princess, Carnival and NCL for me..:confused:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That is horrible!!!

Wow, that just leaves me speechless.

I would subpoena that information in a heart beat. No need to hire an attorney. Just file yourself.

I would call crown and anchor and see if they can tell you anything. I would think it would take an awful lot to be banned from a whole cruiseline, like starting a fight or something similar. Could it be possible that they mixed you up with someone else, maybe someone who had a similar spelled name or something. I would definitely follow up and find out the reason. Complaining to the purser's desk is not a reason!!

Seems to me as often as you have cruised RCI, and have many forthcoming cruises, someone on another level should be able to accomodate you with the answers of when, where, why and how? I wouldn't leave it at that. I would graciously move up the chain of command.

:mad: I got a phone call today from the "Executive offices" at RCCL about my Liberty OTS Reservation on 5/19, saying that I would have to be removed from the reservation because I was no longer welcome to sail RCCL Ships.... OK....

Of course I asked "Why" and she said "you violated a Guest Vacation Policy on your 1/2007 cruise on the brilliance"... OK....

I asked what policy I violated, and she said they didn't have to give the specific information, and it would only be released to the courts if i was to subpeona... (As if I was going to request court action).. OK..

Now folks I am being honest with you that I have never, I mean NEVER done anything wrong on the ship. I was never talked to on the Brilliance about anything, and for them NOT to tell me what is going on is just killing me. At least give me an explination!!!! I talked with the other folks that I went with and they said that they had no clue either.

The ONLY thing that I could think of is that my room steward was HORRIBLE and i went to the desk several times to complain about him, and the lack of towels, etc, and the Chief Purser was very rude, and he may have written a comment in my file or something.

Anyone else ever hear of this happening to anyone? I am confused at this point.

I guess it's off to Princess, Carnival and NCL for me..:confused:

Is there anyone else you can call to find out more information from?

I tried to call crown and anchor. They tried to look it up in the computer, and all it says is that I need to be transfered over to customer service, executive offices, and they are not to give ANY information.

I am thinking that something happened on the ship and there was a mix up, but again the worst part is that they won't tell me what is going on and exactally WHY - at least give me the reason so I know what I allegidally did!

My other question is, is that if this happened in JANUARY it is now MAY, and 10 days before my cruise, WHY did it take 4 months?

Also why was I able to book another RCCL Cruise for January on FRIDAY (yes 4 days ago)

I have NEVER heard of such a thing.........and don't even know what direction to send you.........but PLEASE keep us advised:eek:

OK I lurk here often, don't say much but read a lot..... ALL I can say is are you kidding???? Seriously, I see that you have cruised with RCI enought times that IMO they should at least give you an explanation... PLEASE keep us posted.....

That's weird. I'm sorry they would'nt tell you why. If I really liked RCI and wanted to cruise with them again, I would write a letter and explain your side and ask for a reason. That's just weird. It sounds like you pissed off the wrong person. Post back and let us know if you find out something. Maybe they have the wrong person. You would have to do something really, really bad to get kicked off, wouldn't you? I am sorry for you. Hope you get things worked out. E-Beth

Are you positive that this call didn't come from someone you know that loves being a jokester? Did you verify the phone number, get the person's name. I can't imagine if they were banning someone that it didn't come in writing so they have proof that you were notified, also it should be coming from their lawyer. Hmmm, this has me wondering????

Seriously, write out a subpoena and file it ASAP. It really isn't that hard to do. There are many websites that help people represent themselves (I did it for years). Don't take no for an answer.

Are you positive that this call didn't come from someone you know that loves being a jokester? Did you verify the phone number, get the person's name. I can't imagine if they were banning someone that it didn't come in writing so they have proof that you were notified, also it should be coming from their lawyer. Hmmm, this has me wondering????

Except he called C&A about it, and they were told not to give him any further info either.

I have been on the phone with RCCL all day, and yes it's true. NO ONE is talking!

They will give out NO other information besides 1) I am no longer allowed on any RCCL or Celebrity Ship, and 2) it is because something that occured on the 1/2007 Brilliance of the Seas sailing. Anything else is "Privleged information" And I guess I'm not special.....

Please keep us posted! They must have you confused with someone else... I think most of us have witnessed behavior or at least heard of behavior that should get someone "banned" from a cruiseline- but for someone to be booted and they not have any idea why seems like a huge mistake. Do you have an attorney friends that could fire off a letter for you??

It seems that as a valued customer, you should have been given some warning, or at least an opportunity to defend yourself. For example, if they are saying you were abusive to the Purser, you could have gotten witnesses at the time to say that you were upset, but not abusive.

How about writing a letter to the president of the company? Tell it like you told it here, your bewilderment and hurt showing through.

Viv

I have been on the phone with RCCL all day, and yes it's true. NO ONE is talking!

They will give out NO other information besides 1) I am no longer allowed on any RCCL or Celebrity Ship, and 2) it is because something that occured on the 1/2007 Brilliance of the Seas sailing. Anything else is "Privleged information" And I guess I'm not special.....

Almost sounds like some gal may have made accusations. Did you meet any girls? Drink? Go to her cabin? If so, who knows what could be coming up next?

I think most of us have witnessed behavior or at least heard of behavior that should get someone "banned" from a cruiseline- but for someone to be booted and they not have any idea why seems like a huge mistake.

Some people "falling overboard" didn't even get the boot! I can't wait to hear what they "think" you've done!:eek:

Almost sounds like some gal may have made accusations. Did you meet any girls? Drink? Go to her cabin? If so, who knows what could be coming up next?

No nothing like that, but it is almost like this is the type of thing that would cause what is going on. I mean, wow, I have never heard of being kicked off a cruise line for anything less than a MAJOR offense.

After being a loyal customer I do feel that I am owed at least a little explination, if nothing else just the reason!

I would certainly get to the bottom of this no matter what it cost ...........if you did nothing wrong (and I believe you)........you won't end up paying anyway.......certainly deserve an explanation......

OK, this is really weird. If you are in Texas, you are welcome to drop me an email if you would like, I am an attorney and will do it at no cost. I will get that subpoened for you. Let me know if you are in Texas and I will provide my email.

Oooops, sorry, just saw you are in Minnesota. Surely someone here knows an attorney in Minnesota that could help at no or reduced cost!

Ok, did some research for you. Any of the following behaviors can lead to denial to ever sail RCCL again:

• Verbally abusive language to guests or crew members
  • Inappropriate and/or abusive behavior (unsolicited touching, etc). Fake/False ID, providing alcohol to someone under age 21
  • Unsafe behaviors (standing on railing, etc)
  • Disruptive behaviors
  • Smoking where it is not permitted/throwing cigarettes overboard (or trash)

Thanks for the offer, Minnesota here though!

I have a few emails out to people at RCCL and I have a few phone calls in. I don't work until noon tomorrow, so I will spend the morning getting to the bottom of things I hope!

Thanks for everyone's support!

Wow - you have really got to go for the subpoena. Please find out and let us know what they think they have on you. Please come back to the thread and let us know when you find out. I have never heard of anything so bizarre. Do you think the "awful" cabin steward said you had drugs or something? I hate to ask, but did you tip him? This is just so weird. I will keep up with this thread to see what happens. You definetely have us on the boards intrigued. Best of Luck!~ E-Beth

Archived