I Got BANNED from RCCL!!!!!!

This is why you may want to consider hiring an attorney. I am not sure if this falls under defamation of character, but to me it sure would. If you truly did nothing wrong, I would go all out.

If RCI did not publish the alleged defamation or utter a slanderous comment about you to a third party, they have not committed libel, slander or defamation. It appears that the only person to "publish" the private conversation is the OP. I can call you on the phone and call you every vile name in the book, but I have not defamed you unless I tell someone else. No blood, no foul.

Also, contrary to what some people have asserted here, you cannot just "write a subpoena". You must file a civil action against RCI (probably it would have to be for breach of contract, since I don't see how a defamation suit would get past a motion for summary judgment.) After filing, your attorney sends them interrogatories and requests for documents and admissions to which they must respond under oath. This is where you get your answers.

By the way, this decision by RCI does not appear to fall under any ticket contract, and you might be able to sue in your local State or Federal District court. I'm not sure about that, but it's worth a shot.

If OP is serious about your innocence, you need a good lawyer. Just be prepared for whatever they have in their "naughty file". You might be shocked.

Good luck.

LL

Another thing that they don't tell you. Try finding a lawyer anywhere close to Miami who is willing to sue Royal Caribbean or another major cruise line sailing out of Miami. I'd bet a good majority of the law firms will tell you they have some kind of conflict of interest.

You should explore if they have you mistaken for someone else with the same name. When we were on the Brilliance a few years ago, they kept getting my husband confused with another passenger of the same name (our mail went to the wrong room, the other person's excursions were billed to our account etc...)

On the other hand, if a cruiseline really didn't want me to be customer, I could find another good cruiseline in about a minute.

Hope things work out OK for you...

You should explore if they have you mistaken for someone else with the same name. When we were on the Brilliance a few years ago, they kept getting my husband confused with another passenger of the same name (our mail went to the wrong room, the other person's excursions were billed to our account etc...)

On the other hand, if a cruiseline really didn't want me to be customer, I could find another good cruiseline in about a minute.

Hope things work out OK for you...

Thats what I am thinking, Even if this is a misunderstanding, after the way I was thrown around and treated today, it would be a while before I went back to RCCL.

I am waiting on several emails and voice mails I left late in the day today so hopefully they call back/write back tomorrow sometime! There has to be someone I can talk to there who could shed some light on something.

Hoop - I have never heard anything like this. Do you have a common name? (Obviously, I am not wanting you to post it here) but could someone with the same name be the culprit? Not sure if you've ever googled your name....but does anything unusual come up when you do that? I know I am grasping at straws, but I'm just amazed.....Good luck with whatever happens, from a firefighter's wife.....

I have seen in some magazines a section where an "ombudsman" took up issues that passengers have had with travel and assisted them with getting a resolution. I am not sure what magazine it was maybe conde nast traveler. Maybe this can help you. Start browsing through the travel magazines and hopefully you will find it.

Good Luck.

I am so sorry about your situation & the frustration involved. I am leaving on a cruise on Friday & realized that I have Johnny Rocket cover charge coupons left over from our past sailing. I thought great, DH and I can go 2x without paying..just use the old coupon if they are the same. I noticed it does say 'for this sailing only' but the coupons appear to be generic w/out dates. I'm wondering if this could be 'found out' cuz we have to add cabin and portfolio # and we'd get busted for 'double dipping'. Maybe this small cheat is reason to get tossed. Could RC be that petty?

Royal Caribbean is saying he broke his cruise contract-see Standards of Conduct. Even if it were filed in another state court-at the very least it will be removed to a federal district court before you can say bon voyage because there is mandatory federal question jurisdiction under the Maritime act or whatever its called.

How frustrating for you, since you can't even get the info to defend yourself. How do you find out if it's an identity thing, if you can't even find out if that's the reason? This is simply baffling.:eek: You must feel like you are talking until you are blue in the face, only to have someone say "Sorry, not my problem!" Hopefully you will get some resolution quick. Good Luck!!

I tried to call crown and anchor. They tried to look it up in the computer, and all it says is that I need to be transfered over to customer service, executive offices, and they are not to give ANY information.

I am thinking that something happened on the ship and there was a mix up, but again the worst part is that they won't tell me what is going on and exactally WHY - at least give me the reason so I know what I allegidally did!

My other question is, is that if this happened in JANUARY it is now MAY, and 10 days before my cruise, WHY did it take 4 months?

Also why was I able to book another RCCL Cruise for January on FRIDAY (yes 4 days ago)

Okay, please excuse what I'm about to say, but I'll be DAM#ED if I wouldn't get a FREE cruise out of this deal. No OBC, no 25% discount coupon...I'm talking FREE CRUISE and AN APOLOGY. :mad:

This is ridiculous. :mad:

We're here when you need to vent - please keep us informed! :mad:

OK, this is really weird. If you are in Texas, you are welcome to drop me an email if you would like, I am an attorney and will do it at no cost. I will get that subpoened for you. Let me know if you are in Texas and I will provide my email.

Spurs - that was a very nice thing for you to offer to Firefighterhoop! Man, you come across some of the nicest people on CC. (Also some of the most obnoxious..but we won't go there!) :)

Well, lucky for you there are a lot of cruiselines out there. I have always been fond of Princess. Even if it turns out to be a mistake, I would have a hard time going back to the line that booted me.

I'm afraid I have to agree with rolloman on this one! ;) Unless, of course, I got my free cruise and my apology! Not necessarily in that order. :D

I assume that they are giving you your money back for this cruise & the deposit for the next one?????

This is bizarre.......Good Luck....

And I hope it doesn't take them 5 months to do it.

I was on the Liberty, Today when RCCL Called, and we had about a 5 hour phone conversation between the 6 people I called, I switched to the Carnival Triumph because I already have Airfare, so I had to use it somehow.

Oh, I see. I'm sorry I was just so confused by that. I hope you get it worked out. This is all really odd. I agree with the others that either the purser/steward has made up something TERRIBLE about you or it's a case of mistaken identity. The thing I am most worried about is if it was the purser or steward, there might not be anything you can do. Most likely they will cover for each other and be each other's "witness" to whatever action they have noted. I'm so sorry for all the stress this has caused you. Hopefully you get some answers from someone. Hang in there and please keep us posted.

I was on the Liberty, Today when RCCL Called, and we had about a 5 hour phone conversation between the 6 people I called

Unbelievable that in all that time you couldn't find out any direct information! How awful!

This is awful!!! :eek: If I were you I would be up all night with my lawyer doing everything I could to be able to go on my cruise in four days! I would not take no for an answer! You need to get a lawyer and tell him that even though this situation is open-ended, you are going on that maiden voyage no matter what! Sue Royal Caribbean to go on your cruise and then NEVER sail with them again. You have a lot to pack into four days! Keep us posted. I would be so outraged that I would be ready to fly to Miami to 180 Caribbean Way, or whatever the address is, and get this figured out. Good Luck!

Wow, this is one of the strangest things I have ever heard of! And pretty scary because if you really did nothing wrong (as I believe you didn't, or why would you be posting about it here?) then this could happen to any of us! I can't even imagine how upset and frustrated I would be not to get any kind of explanation about what they think I did! I hope you get some answers, and please keep us updated!

Archived