I Got BANNED from RCCL!!!!!!

No responsible news station would put it on the air...but the other 95% would report it exactly as OP relates it, showing canned photos of Carnival ships, and then tag the story, "We called the cruiseline about the story, but our calls were not returned."

LL

I think both you and cruisingmike are missing my point. This is a common story, with only the side of the accused exposed.

I sent this e-mail to Mr Goldstein just now.

From reading Cruise Critic at 5pm today there were 51,000 views and over 600 posts regarding the firefighter Scott's thread regarding his ban from RCCl cruises.

I don't in any way expect you to give out any info to any CC posters regarding his ban, but please correspond with him regarding this matter so he has some sense of what this is about.

I am not taking sides because I don't know the firefighter and I do not know where RCCl is coming from, however if he is banned as he says I feel he should have the right to know why.

There are alot of RCCL cruisers that post on this site and I think it would be in everyone's interest to address this as soon as possible. Obviously it is generating alot of interest.

Thanks for your time in reading this e-mail.

Laura ____

Hope all works out well for you. I hope that no matter what the outcome is that you are are upfront and honest with us. I feel you have put alot on the line being a firefighter and posting this thread. Good luck...

THank you

wow i cannot believe I am at the end finally. Whole situation sucks and is scary. good luck. it's also amazing how many people reply without reading most of the posts and I understand people don't have all day to read every post (and I shouldn't have just spend this much time) but then simply don't reply (if you are just gonna ask the same question 100 other people asked). Good luck on finals and getting an answer and hopefully everything works out for the best. Have fun on carnival!

Alright folks, I have to go to bed for the evening... Have a 4am start.

Thank you to everyone who has shown their support through comments, emails, etc. It means a lot to me.

I will try to come back on at somepoint tomorrow, but may or may not depending on call volume, but again, for the rest of the night will not be able to answer comments.

Scott

Ok- I have read enough. It is obviously a Royal Caribbean issue.

There are three things that would ban you from travel- drunken, disorderly conduct. Sexually harrassing or assaulting a crew member or passenger or leaving the stateroom in a ghastly condition.

Did any or all of these things occur? I suspect the cruise line thinks at least one of these things occurred but if so you do deserve an explanation.

If Scot has his documents, and is still going to Miami on the 19th, I would try and board the Liberty, and see what happens, then fake ignorance, "I've been away from home for a week, my brother was housesittng, what do you meen you called me and I'm banned. What am I banned for, why haven't you written and told me, speaking to someone at my home doesn't mean you have told me I'm banned, please now, stop messing around and give me my seapass card!!!":D

Hoop, we gotta leave in the morning, drive to NJ and then hop on Explorer Fri. so I am going to miss the rest of what I think is the best thread to come down the pike in a long time (it's a shame the circumstances weren't nicer). I wish you well and I hope you get some resolution to this mess. Keep your chin up and hang in there, you have a lot of folks behind you. :)

Now, I haven't been able to read all the posts but, was this thread locked and then re-opened? If so, WOW!

Hoop, we gotta leave in the morning, drive to NJ and then hop on Explorer Fri. so I am going to miss the rest of what I think is the best thread to come down the pike in a long time (it's a shame the circumstances weren't nicer). I wish you well and I hope you get some resolution to this mess. Keep your chin up and hang in there, you have a lot of folks behind you. :)

Now, I haven't been able to read all the posts but, was this thread locked and then re-opened? If so, WOW!

Yes it was... Enjoy your trip!

Not to judge .... but I'm trying to take the "emotion" out of this situation and put some "pieces" together. Things just don't add up for me.

Soon to graduate college student.

14 cruises in the past three years.

Has job.

How does one manage this schedule?

It honestly makes sense to me too! :rolleyes:

Please don't think I was being sarcastic... I just meant that due to a number of factors (age, cruise frequency, etc...) maybe they have just stereo-typed you and figure that they only way you would be cruising so much was if you were smuggling something. Again... I'm just grasping at straws and trying to reason why this has happened to you here since we don't know RCI's reason.

Part of me wants to tell you to fight it out and get to the bottom of this... and part of me wants to tell you not to waste your time and energy fighting to use the services of a company that treated you in this manner. Ultimately, it is up to you to decide what is the best for you. Best of luck! :)

#1 there are quite a few banned

#2 you would know it when you are walking to meet the Captain and your luggage is ashore

Tj

And there you have what would have happened if it were due to OP's misbehavior while onboard an RCI ship, from one who would know. Oh my, the stories I'll bet you are privy to that you cannot share...;)

OT- am sorry we didn't get to meet you and your husband. There is nothing like a 1st cruise, and the beautiful Navigator will always have a special place in our memories.

To the OP, be safe and hope things work out.

I have only sailed on carnival (4) and Holland America (2) but have been researching RCCL for my next cruise. BUT I will NOT sail RCCL EVER if they don't fix this to Firefighterhoops satisfaction. Why?.... if they can do this to a loyal diamond member what would they do to lowly ol me!!!!!

RCCL .......there goes this lost customers revenue!!!!!!

Not to judge .... but I'm trying to take the "emotion" out of this situation and put some "pieces" together. Things just don't add up for me.

Has job.

Part time college - switch with co-workers to cover a few hours if I am scheduled to work when I have school

Quite a few of us are doing the same thing, so it's not that difficult to do.

Firefighter- you still haven't answered the questions I posed.

You said you haven't done anything wrong. Ok, in your mind maybe you didn't but

A. Did you leave your stateroom in satisfactory condition. No throw up, other bodily fluids, etc.

B. We you and your friends drunk and disorderly and/or obnoxious?

C. Did you say or do anything that could be viewed as sexually inappropriate on the cruise- to other passengers and/or crew members?

Hmm... did you do really well at the Blackjack table on a prior cruise? Maybe they think you are counting cards! ;)

Theron

Wow- I never thought of that! Good one. That's one thing that they can't prove but can use their executive privilege to thrwart. Maybe that's it!!!

Has job.

I believe he said he is 27 or 28 so part time college student, maybe (just speculating here) working for this for a long time. Works as a firefighter and is single. Not everyone goes to school full time, many people do this and I give Scott and others who have done this a lot of credit for their persistence.

I think both you and cruisingmike are missing my point. This is a common story, with only the side of the accused exposed.

No..no. Totally got your point. I just don't find that news organizations are any better at doing basic dd then anyone else (thus what I found funny in your other post). Very few stories in the news have anything to do with the facts and more to press an agenda. I was not commenting on the merits of this being newsworthy or not.

Part of me wants to tell you to fight it out and get to the bottom of this... and part of me wants to tell you not to waste your time and energy fighting to use the services of a company that treated you in this manner. Ultimately, it is up to you to decide what is the best for you. Best of luck! :)

The thing is that if he's been wrongly accused or blamed for something he didn't do then he has to clear his name. I'm sure it will one day come back and bite him in the butt if he doesn't get to the bottom of it and take care of it once and for all.

Firefighter, you must have some kind of employee assistance program with the firestation. There you'd get access to some legal advice for free and perhaps a good discount on a lawyer to help you get some answers. I'm certain it would only take a lawyer one letter to get results.

You owe it to yourself to clear your name.

Kim

Sorry,

Room was fine

Not drunk at all during cruise

I would never be innapropriate like that....

I am sorry to have to have asked those thing- just trying to get to the bottom of it. I am friends with a group of firefighters who are the nicest guys I know. They are gentlemen- and I bet you are too.

Anyway, it may be the gambling angle. Do you gamble on board? Are you winning hand over fist?

Firefighter- you still haven't answered the questions I posed.

You said you haven't done anything wrong. Ok, in your mind maybe you didn't but

A. Did you leave your stateroom in satisfactory condition. No throw up, other bodily fluids, etc.

B. We you and your friends drunk and disorderly and/or obnoxious?

C. Did you say or do anything that could be viewed as sexually inappropriate on the cruise- to other passengers and/or crew members?

He doesn't have to answer that....:confused:

Archived