I Got BANNED from RCCL!!!!!!

I started reading this and have gotten half way through the posts, so if this was already mentioned I apologize for being a repeat...But, why don't all the RCL stockholders on this site call up tomorrow and demand to know why such a thing is allowed to happen, and why don't we all e-mail RCL and ask the same question. If their desks receive 60,000 e-mails, then I think it will get their attention....just a thought

Legal channels are the only option left. They're obviously not going to give you answers over the phone. The poster who said it is the same everywhere is right. If its something bad enough to get you (or someone with the same name?) banned from an entire cruiseline, they're not going to talk to you via telephone.

Here is what makes me twitchy... not so much about the OP but the "person from RCL" They can cancel his cruise booking and ban him from sailing RCL again over the phone, but can't answer his questions over the phone? :confused: Nothing has been shown to him in writing yet, I am really questioning the likelihood that the caller was really who they said they were.

it can't be a homeland security thing, if it was than he would also pop up when booking Carnival.

He had to do something on board.

Was tuff2 on the same cruise.

I find it a little hard to believe RCCl is not telling him why he was banned.

I don't get this at all:eek:

Something is just not right here! There should have at least been a formal written letter!

I think they should have informed him of the fact that he couldn't book any future cruises. I'd be annoyed about the interest being earned on my cruise deposits until -- whoopsie! here's your money back! -- right before he's about to embark.

First off I want to thank the several hundred of you who have shown support over the past day.

I have however come to a tough decision. I am going to ask the moderators to remove this post from the boards. It is getting way off topic.

When I origionally wrote this topic, it was about me being banned from RCCL without a reason. It is obvious that RCCL has a reason for doing it. I know they don't put everyone's name in a hat and pull it out and say, oh well Scott will never sail with us again. RCCL obviously has a strong case against me somewhere for some reason.

Now, my concern with that is, they won't give me what I have done, other than violate a guest vacation policy somewhere along the way. They will not confirm if it was on land or at sea. IF I knew what the issue at hand was, I could either try to dispute it if I truely didn't think it was me, or if I actually had done something, I would be satisfied. Again, the issue is NOT if RCCL has an issue with me. It was that they are not forthcoming with the problem without a subpeona.

The last thing I want to see is people talking about changing vacations because of what I have experianced. RCCL in my mind still has the best ships, and great food! If what I have done somehow is a misunderstanding, I would love to get it straightened out, and return as a customer some day. I wouldn't even ask for a free cruise, or a discount, just an apology.

IF I truely have done something wrong, when it gets pointed out to me, I will apologize to them for what I have done and move on with life. It is just upsetting not knowing what I am being accused of doing.

If it turns out that it is a security concern outside the company, i truely do not blame RCCL for handeling it this way. THey have 6000 other pass/crew on board to protect along with their 750million dollar ship!

I am somewhat saddened to see members start to go back and forth, almost attacking others on this board, people saying they are selling stock and cancelling cruises, and someone accusing me of slandering someone's mother.

Again, My issue with RCCL is NOT that they banned me, it is that they won't give me a reason why. Again if I have unknowingly done what I am being accused of, then I will apologize and walk away, but if It can be cleared up, that would obviously be the most positive ending to the situation.

This is NOT in response to RCCL, or CC asking me to remove this post. My concern at this point is that whatever happened is with RCCL only. If RCCL insists that they no longer want me as a customer, that is fine I will go elsewhere. But If I have issues with the airline or other Cruiselines, I will do further digging. Again, I respect that buisnesses have the right to refuse service to anyone at any time for any reason - it would just be appriciated to know why.

Again, thank you all for your time, support and kind words

Scott

email me your details I have a meeting with RCCL this weekend, I have never heard of this before, I know Airlines make comments on passengers to warn other crew etc, but I would of thought they would of had to explain the situation?:confused:

This is growing quickly. I think your offer is great. I hope by the time I read to the end there will be something more than the original questions. As a stock holder and Diamond C&A, I wonder IF this has happened before and IF it could happen to my family or to me? Most of us have had more than a few security checks due to our work. We all travel more than most of our friends, again because of our work. Scott just might have fallen into that pit of "checked out too often" that many of us are also in. Scott, most of us here at CC are throwing you a rope and pulling hard to get you out of the "PIT". As for RCCL, I do not want to pass judgement until I hear the facts...something made them make such a decision...Scott needs to know what. I would like to know but that really is not important. Scott knowing, is the issue. Please, keep us in the loop. God be with you.

I can understand where you are coming from...

Way to much personal info and accusations flying around...

This is a pretty huge ordeal,and I would not want my life played out by the CC court either..

Scott ..Do what ya must,but try to come back periodically and update us..

Very strange indeed

I just think that if RCCL thought that he violated the rules; for example - being abusive of a crewmember, then they should have sent him a letter right after the crew member made the complaint that stated he is accused of violated the rules and that his ability to Cruise RCCL and Sister lines has been suspended. The letter should have then said, if he would like to appeal this, then he should fill out the attached form and mail it back to them. The form should ask several questions and also allow him to relate the experience in his own words. His response could then be reviewed by someone at RCCL who would take into account many factors including the alleged offense, evidence, and past cruising behavior. In most cases then the cruise line should then send him a response stating that they will re-instate his cruise privileges, but that further infractions will result in a permanent ban with no appeal. This has the affect of a written warning and would cause 95% of passengers to be on their best behavior next time, no matter who was right or wrong. Everybody wins.

Why do i get the impression that you got a call from RCCL or someone telling you to have this post removed because it is causing issues with current cruisers? I dunno, you changed your tune pretty quickly.. This doesnt add up

I think maybe it all of the sudden hit him why he got banned. Otherwise, why not just lock the thread rather than have it removed?

Hi Scott,

Just wanted to let you know that I hope you find the answers you need. I also wish you a relaxing vacation - I'm sure it is well needed after this weeks events in addition to the stressful position of being a firefighter and surviving end of semester exams.

I am appalled at the way you were treated by RCCL and the lack of written notification with specifics.

I do hope that you will find a way to let us know the outcome here at CC.

Safe voyages,

Scott,

I am so dissapointed that this thread has deterriorated into something you wish to have pulled, as hundreds, if not thousands of us are interested to see how this company resolves this situation. It is a huge concern to patrons of a company when they discover that the company can take their months, or years of planning and set them aside without sufficient explaination. I know that your goal is not to cost RCCL business, but companies have a responsibility to their patrons to give them confidience in the service that they provide. When they fail to do so, loss of business is the result, as it should be. Consumer action is the recourse we have at hand to help keep business honest. Please don't give up without a fight if you feel you are right. You have an opportunity to try to make a difference. Best of luck!

I met someone (on a Celebrity cruise) who was also banned from sailing on RCI and it stemmed from a problem with the payment of their SeaPass..the credit card they used didn't cover what they spent and they never made amends to pay the difference..they signed a document at the Purser's Desk that they would send a check once they got home but never did...

I could understand that this might be a cause for banning someone from a future RCI cruise, at least until the bill was paid, but they did get a letter saying why they were banned...

By the way, this was over 10 years ago and I never saw the person again so I have no idea what happened after...

They think you are a terrorist. Did you ask them?

:mad: I got a phone call today from the "Executive offices" at RCCL about my Liberty OTS Reservation on 5/19, saying that I would have to be removed from the reservation because I was no longer welcome to sail RCCL Ships.... OK....

Of course I asked "Why" and she said "you violated a Guest Vacation Policy on your 1/2007 cruise on the brilliance"... OK....

I asked what policy I violated, and she said they didn't have to give the specific information, and it would only be released to the courts if i was to subpeona... (As if I was going to request court action).. OK..

Now folks I am being honest with you that I have never, I mean NEVER done anything wrong on the ship. I was never talked to on the Brilliance about anything, and for them NOT to tell me what is going on is just killing me. At least give me an explination!!!! I talked with the other folks that I went with and they said that they had no clue either.

The ONLY thing that I could think of is that my room steward was HORRIBLE and i went to the desk several times to complain about him, and the lack of towels, etc, and the Chief Purser was very rude, and he may have written a comment in my file or something.

Anyone else ever hear of this happening to anyone? I am confused at this point.

I guess it's off to Princess, Carnival and NCL for me..:confused:

Reading these posts I am in disbelief that no one will give you the answer as to why you got the big boot! I'm sorry, but someone telling you that you are banned from the cruise line and cannot say why is not even acceptable in my book. I feel certain this could possibly be a case of mistaken identity and I would be doing all that I could to get this cleared up - it is your name that is at stake here and if you know that you did nothing wrong, then there is no excuse for this kind of action on their behalf. I would stay on the phone until you get an answer and I wouldn't take the "I can't say anthing about this as an acceptable answer". Be persistent until you get an answer as to why. Hmmm - maybe there might be a free cruise in your future!

First off I want to thank the several hundred of you who have shown support over the past day.

I have however come to a tough decision. I am going to ask the moderators to remove this post from the boards. It is getting way off topic.

I read a little over twenty pages, then realized I was losing ground and skipped forward to the last three pages. I think I missed all the attacking that was going on (that would be a good thing).

As I was reading I kept thinking what I would like to say. I have noted that most of what I want to say has been said, so I would like to keep this short. I can only imagine how mad I would be if this happened to me. I wish I could help you in some way, but I am not a lawyer. I would love to know the final outcome, but I also understand the reason for the post I just quoted. All I can say is I support you in whatever course of action you decide to take. You have shown real class here.

To everyone else I would suggest that you stop speculating. Until you know what the facts are, your speculating is meaningless. I have read a lot of good intentions and much bad advise (and some of the good intentions are also included in the bad advise).

While I am not a lawyer, I do deal with civil law. Given how sue happy some people are (just read this thread) RCI has taken the best course of action it can by not explaining itself. Basically without an explanation the OP does not know what to do next, and thus RCI avoids any legal ramifications.

Hawt1 wrote at 4.14pm:

As a shareholder, I would want to know why my company has chosen to not accept his money and also why they have chosen to allow this to drag on so long after having been notified about the bad press they are getting.

It has not really "dragged on", it has only been just over a day since this fiasco started.

No I honestly have no clue why still. I don't know how to lock it, otherwise I would.

The big issue is the next 2 weeks starting tomorrow i will have VERY limited time to answer any questions asked of me, due to work and going out of town..

When/IF I find something out, I will let everyone know.

Archived