I Got BANNED from RCCL!!!!!!

No I honestly have no clue why still. I don't know how to lock it, otherwise I would.

The big issue is the next 2 weeks starting tomorrow i will have VERY limited time to answer any questions asked of me, due to work and going out of town..

When/IF I find something out, I will let everyone know.

Just ask the moderators to lock it. That way you still have access to the thread to show RCCL or whomever you want to show how many people are upset by this.

Good luck!

Find it as curious as you want... I know nothing more now than I did at 5pm. I just want the bickering, accusations, and people changing vacations to stop.

I sat at the computer for about 6 hours today answering questions. A few times if I wasn't here, and the question did not get answered for a half hour, then people would email me the question, etc etc.

If I am not here to answer a question, accusations and assumptions get made, and then I have to defend myself against those as well.

All I can say is what I have been told. I am not allowed on RCCL, and they will not release any information without a subpeona.

Scott

I find it quite curious that Scott starts the thread and then wants it pulled:mad:

He said he'd post if there was more info. I'm not sure where the harm is in that. With no new info, where does it leave this thread but in constant speculation?

I don't think the thread should be pulled/deleted. It's like denying it happened - but I understand his point of view completely.

I find it quite curious that Scott starts the thread and then wants it pulled:mad:

Have you read the entire thread? My gosh, look at the number of hits. If it keeps going at this rate, he would have to call out sick tomorrow just to keep up. I understand him wanting it pulled. Some of the posters are just plain mean.:cool: If you don't agree with him, fine; everyone is entitled to his opinion, but the mods will pull this thread if the bashing continues.

Hang in there, Scott. Not all of the posters are against you; in fact I'd say most of them are on your side.

Read the whole thing and you'll understand. His tone and point never wavered. He's Diamond, got banned, wants to know why, no one will tell him anything.

One good thing about this thread getting pulled, GDP will go up tomorrow. People will have to work instead of trying to keep up with the thread all day.

I would have done the same thing as Scott. You ban me, I've already booked flights, have the time off...who else is sailing?

One thing that I find interesting, why are there so many open cabins on the May 19th sailing of the Liberty of the Seas???????? "Inaugural Cruise" and there are tons of cabins. Prices are still pretty high, but anything short of a suite looks like you can have your pick of category and deck. It's one of the only cruises you can find with open Family Promenade View staterooms.

The big issue is the next 2 weeks starting tomorrow i will have VERY limited time to answer any questions asked of me, due to work and going out of town..

When/IF I find something out, I will let everyone know.

Thank you Scott, and thank you for taking the high road in spite of a few rather disrespectful posts. All the best.

Thanks, I appriciate the understanding.

Obviously I don't want to let the post go too far without me here, like I said if a rumor gets started on one page and keeps growing who knows where it would be when I get home from work 24 hours later!

Some of the questions that are being asked of me, I really Can't answer because RCCL hasn't told me, and the last thing I want to do is speculate on their behalf, so thats why some of the questions haven't gotten answered, because I truely don't know.

Scott - your story really disturbs me that RCL is treating you this way. I can't imagine being put in your position.

One recommendation I have that has not been posted that I have read- Contact your Congressman and Senator. It is amazing what their liaison.

You can find your house member:

http://www.house.gov/writerep/ after you get your congress person's site click on contact me - and there will be phone numbers

Good Luck,

Jim

Not to judge .... but I'm trying to take the "emotion" out of this situation and put some "pieces" together. Things just don't add up for me.

Soon to graduate college student.

14 cruises in the past three years.

Has job.

How does one manage this schedule?

Some people get a job and con't with college PT even going On Line instead of to a campus setting. As for the cruises, check the family posts. Some kids have cruised more! Give the guy a break until all the facts are in. He has a tough job, has posted 2000+ times and seems very mild and level considering all of this mess. I am hoping RCCL come forward, telling him what he has asked for. I really do not care IF I learn the details (would love to know but my knowing is not the issue). Hope Scott gets all points settled soon. This is the most compelling post I have read at CC. I still have faith in RCCL. Call me naive, but I am looking for a happy ending. As a side thought, Scott, have a great cruise. Try to relax and forget all of this until you return home.

Obviously I don't want to let the post go too far without me here, like I said if a rumor gets started on one page and keeps growing who knows where it would be when I get home from work 24 hours later!

Some of the questions that are being asked of me, I really Can't answer because RCCL hasn't told me, and the last thing I want to do is speculate on their behalf, so thats why some of the questions haven't gotten answered, because I truely don't know.

I think this explanation is totally understandable. I think I would probably do the same thing. Good luck to you, Scott. I apologize for some of my posts, they were not meant to question you, but rather to brainstorm what else could have happened. emot-hug.gif

Find it as curious as you want... I know nothing more now than I did at 5pm. I just want the bickering, accusations, and people changing vacations to stop.

I sat at the computer for about 6 hours today answering questions. A few times if I wasn't here, and the question did not get answered for a half hour, then people would email me the question, etc etc.

If I am not here to answer a question, accusations and assumptions get made, and then I have to defend myself against those as well.

All I can say is what I have been told. I am not allowed on RCCL, and they will not release any information without a subpeona.

Scott

Just wanted to lend my cyber support ~ good luck to you and if and when you get an answer and if you feel like sharing it with the rest of us, I sure hope you will. There are A LOT of CC's who genuinely are concerned for your situation and would like to know if there is any resolution to RCCL's ban. Once again, good luck and hang tough!:)

Totally understandable.

Scott,

I have read many pages but not all as I jumped to the end to be able to post. I'm sorry that you are getting accusations and doubts when all you obviously want to do is get some answers. I find it unbelievable that this was done to you. Especially being a loyal customer of RCCL. And can't even begin to imagine what you "supposedly" did to justify being banned from a ship....

I too started wondering if you were "bumped" from the ship for someone more important. But can't imagine RCCL being so stupid as to do that. It so seems a case of mistaken identity of some sort.

But I'm with many others. I do hope you pursue finding the reason as to why this was done. You have a right to know, for your own sanity. And if you'll share with us, that would be great. But I wouldn't settle for not knowing. Lord knows what other list you could end up on if this isn't figured out. I'm so dumbfounded and can't get my jaw off the ground.

And to everyone else, let's let Scott have a rest from this. I would hate to get it pulled as I'd love to know the outcome as would many others. I have to say now though, I'm very reluctant to sail RCCL. This has put a bad taste in my mouth. How sad......

Scott

I did read the entire thread. You don't have to answer any questions at all, you choose to! When someone wrote a letter to RCL you thanked them but when someone doesn't see your point of view (TUFF2) you want the thread pulled? That struck me as one sided. I am as curious as everyone else as to what got you banned from RCL and fear it could happen to any one of us for an inconsequential reason but YOU started the thread and surely knew it would stir things up. It would seem more appropriate to me if you merely stated you would post again when you had more information but to ask to have the post removed damages your credibilty IMHO. I do you hope this gets resolved to your satisfaction.

I'm sorry, but everyone who has read this thread is to deep into this story, and we all want to know what happens next. We are only human and curious. Its like a book, We have read so much into it now, no way in hell am i not finishing a good book! Please let us know, and dont delete.

Me too. Just a couple of his post's ago he was gung ho in pesuing this, said he was going to bed and would get back w/ us tomorrow and try to answer any questions/update/etc. Just speculating, but it seems like he may have gotten in a little too deep and got worried/paraniod. Hmm Very strange indeed.

BTW, I looked up Gary Bald and found out that his "big thing" is security. He was some big wig with the FBI and some other Agency prior to getting the VP gig @ RCCL. Read that he is big on enforcing strict penalties on anyone who violates certain rules.

I really do hope that it is all a big mistake. They do happen I just don't understand why you haven't even called your local news stations. It would only take a few minutes and if you are really wanting to find out, seems as if you would have done that first thing. Along with contacting an attourney. In fact I would have used that cuise $$ they returned to you and gone strait to the Attourney. Some things are more important than cruising. This is your life and reputation. Go at it 200% and let the general public know. You will def get a phone call from Bald or Goldstien at lightning speeg then.

Scott,

I have read many pages but not all as I jumped to the end to be able to post. I'm sorry that you are getting accusations and doubts when all you obviously want to do is get some answers. I find it unbelievable that this was done to you. Especially being a loyal customer of RCCL. And can't even begin to imagine what you "supposedly" did to justify being banned from a ship....

I too started wondering if you were "bumped" from the ship for someone more important. But can't imagine RCCL being so stupid as to do that. It so seems a case of mistaken identity of some sort.

But I'm with many others. I do hope you pursue finding the reason as to why this was done. You have a right to know, for your own sanity. And if you'll share with us, that would be great. But I wouldn't settle for not knowing. Lord knows what other list you could end up on if this isn't figured out. I'm so dumbfounded and can't get my jaw off the ground.

And to everyone else, let's let Scott have a rest from this. I would hate to get it pulled as I'd love to know the outcome as would many others. I have to say now though, I'm very reluctant to sail RCCL. This has put a bad taste in my mouth. How sad......

I'm agreeing with that. Seems too far out there that they would make something up like that. I've read about ships being overbooked, it seems maybe that would have been a better "excuse". I think there is some kind of mistaken identity too.:confused:

Thinking about the DHS thing more though, if it was a homeland security issue, I think that they would be more than willing to tell me that because then it would obviously shift the blame from them to another source.

Insteand of calling, writing, hiring lawyers, etc, it would be easier for them and me to keep them out of it and start inquiring with the DHS.

I am involved with transportation security (unfortunately, I believe in being logical, so I am not with DHS) and as I understand it, a transportation company cannot tell the passenger why he/she/it is being denied boarding if, in fact, it is because of actions taken by that agency. Yes, it baffles me to.

Good luck, keep fighting,

Doc

Please let us allow Scott some respite. Scott it is not your fault that some people jump over the edge. Most of us can read what a fine young man you are. Keep up the good work and take your vacation starting now!!! You are under no obligation to answer questions or e-mails. Shame on those of you who have impacted his private space. If you are so inclined when you have an answer that you might like to share , most of us are genuine in wanting the best for you and knowing the outcome. Good luck to you and please don't let some of these posts get to you. God Bless and give you peace.

There has got to be more.

Maybe the reason for the delay in notification was for RCI to seek legal council to make sure they "ban someone" correctly.

RCI can buy people off with great incentives,,,can't imagine they would ban someone to get a room.

Are you sure that in your anger at the pursers office you didn't say something that could have been misconstrued as a threat? Those off hand comments are taken so much more seriously than before.

I was on a plane once where a lady wanted her carry on in the bin right above her not father away......she made the comment like were you afraid I had a bomb>>>>>off she went!

I hope for your sake it was all a mistake!

I too worry that if the info was a security issue you will be banned from other ships/planes.

Good Luck

Please do not ask the mods to delete this thread.

Just have them lock it and then you can update it in a few weeks or so whan you have the answers.

That is the problem with messageboards, (even one I help moderate) all they want to do it delete threads.

If you delete a thread its like it never happened and you can't fall back on any information that was in it.

Please reconsider, and don't worry about the other members postings that bother you.

I wish you well, and have a great cruise

Please let us allow Scott some respite. Scott it is not your fault that some people jump over the edge. Most of us can read what a fine young man you are. Keep up the good work and take your vacation starting now!!! You are under no obligation to answer questions or e-mails. Shame on those of you who have impacted his private space. If you are so inclined when you have an answer that you might like to share , most of us are genuine in wanting the best for you and knowing the outcome. Good luck to you and please don't let some of these posts get to you. God Bless and give you peace.

I wasn't going to post to such a crowded thread but have to echo the above sentiments.....well said and thank you.

Archived